#1 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

I updated the TI script and also made a new one for TI 2009.

The scripts need the recovery ISO (which can be made by the recue media builder) and includes it into the grub boot menu

the scripts should work with VPE as well as VistaPE (did not test)

in c't VPE the old script OtherOS\05-ti.script can be deleted

Attached Files

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

I updated the TI script and also made a new one for TI 2009.

The scripts need the recovery ISO (which can be made by the recue media builder) and includes it into the grub boot menu

the scripts should work with VPE as well as VistaPE (did not test)

in c't VPE the old script OtherOS\05-ti.script can be deleted

Huh?

#3 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

well, what du you mean?

The above scripts are for c't VPE and VistaPE and they include the Acronis TI 11/2009 recovery disc into the build. All you need is to create a recovery iso with the acronis rescue media builder and point the script to it. the script will the include it into the VistaPE or VPE build...still anything unclear?

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:47 AM

well, what du you mean?

The above scripts are for c't VPE and VistaPE and they include the Acronis TI 11/2009 recovery disc into the build. All you need is to create a recovery iso with the acronis rescue media builder and point the script to it. the script will the include it into the VistaPE or VPE build...still anything unclear?

Well, something very strange is going on; at the time I posted, the attachment was different and titled 'OtherOS'. Now the attachment is titled 'tiscripts' but both are not scripts! Some type of small data files I'll include both here for you to check.
Attached File  scripts.rar   4.48KB   442 downloads

Yeah, there's definitely a serious problem with the forum! I have been downloading different attachments and about half are corrupted, including the .rar file I uploaded above. It has been reported that some attachments were corrupted during the move but it appears to affect current uploads as well :cheers:

#5 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:43 AM

Well, i reuploaded a new version with minor changes and changed the name...but i did not know that this was corrupted...

Edit: just downloaded the attachment and it seems OK to me...

#6 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

Well, i reuploaded a new version with minor changes and changed the name...but i did not know that this was corrupted...

Edit: just downloaded the attachment and it seems OK to me...

This must be a new scripting style I'm not used to :cheers:
tiscorr.JPG

#7 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

just tried again...the tiscripts.zip works fine for me...

#8 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

just tried again...the tiscripts.zip works fine for me...

Not for me, I assume the attachment is larger than 2.25k
225k.JPG
do you know what could cause this behaviour? Is this the same issue you describe here?

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

The attachments on the first topic should be working now.

:cheers:

#10 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:05 AM

:cheers:

Thank you Nuno! Working good now ;)

@ctmag
Do you happen to have a working ti95 script or just the home versions?

#11 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:01 AM

as i do not have ti95 i can not make one, sorry...

#12 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:56 AM

Many Thanks!

#13 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

amalux

Thun's acronis 9.5 script with echo is working, i made some changes described at post41 to use without need of installing ti. I guess with your vistape experience, it can be adjusted to use with vistape too. ps: be carelful to take right snapsys files, probably they are different when installed to vista, so better to gather files after installing on a vista computer.

also acronis 9.5 iso works with grub menu.lst too (i tested long while ago)

with this:
title boot Actimage.iso Acronis True Image Mem

map  --mem (hd0,0)/Acronisl/Actimage.iso  (hd32)

map  --hook

chainloader  (hd32)

boot

and this
title boot Actimage.iso Acronis True Image

map  (hd0,0)/Acronisl/Actimage.iso (hd32)

map  --hook

chainloader  (hd32)

boot

so i guess they work with the same method as ctmag described within scripts.

Well i dont/never like acronis ti, and havent touch it again for a long time. These are info i learnt when understanding what ti is, i hope it helps.

#14 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

@ctmag, no problem :cheers:

@Lancelot, thanks for info; I have a 'love/hate' relationship with Acronis, right now I like it (only workstation/server, NOT home) because ti9x-ws and dd10 work great in livexp (restores Vista from lxp as well) and I don't know another program that restores backups reliably in under 5 minutes (1 minute for XP). I would still be using Power Quest or Ghost if both hadn't been ruined by Symantec (I still use Ghost 8x on occasion). What do you suggest as an alt? Has to be fast, single file backup from/to XP, Vista, LiveXP (able to bu/restore Vista from livexp).

#15 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

@amalux

for me answer is ghost (ghost11.5 (last best symantec image utility for me) for livexp, ghost 7 for me :cheers:) , i backup-restore images fastly with ghost (with a skip list (\pagefile.sys \hiberfil.sys \recycled\). I guess no need to give details for comparision as you already know both. Ghost does what i need, and i backup-restore vista64 images with ghost7 too (+2k3x64+xp64 etc). Acronis ti is vaste of space on cd for my needs.

SavePart is my freeware alternative to ghost, which is also fast and small additionally free. I made a script for livexp, but practically never had enough time to make trials and learn deeply.

For LiveXP (and maybe VistaPe), i guess we need a simple easly updateable script for home users who uses acronis ti (and now ti2009)(without universal restore and optional snapman sys), maybe by a good script writer like you ;) who knows acronis ti much more than me.
ps: I dont like to boot acronis images with grub4dos method (either with .iso or with ctmag script) as you know acronis ti cant have all mass storage drivers, also it takes soul of using Pe :cheers:

#16 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

Acronis ti is vaste of space on cd for my needs.

With Acronis, I only like certain releases; TIWorkstation 9.1..3887 works great in LiveXP and with DiskDirector10 included adds less than 25MB to the CD, well worth it for what it does.

SavePart is my freeware alternative to ghost

SavePart didn't work for me, I still like Ghost 8 (don't remember 7) but becoming dated and limited unfortunately. Newer Ghost has same issues as 'Home' Acronis.

For LiveXP (and maybe VistaPe), i guess we need a simple easly updateable script for home users who uses acronis ti (and now ti2009)(without universal restore and optional snapman sys), maybe by a good script writer like you :cheers: who knows acronis ti much more than me.

There are already good scripts for 9.1 and 9.5* (only ones I'd use) in LiveXP. I don't like any 'Home' versions of TrueImage and the worst of all is 2009!! Horrible!
*Probably required for Vista partitions; ..8115 is backward compat w/ 9.1 which is nice.

ps: I dont like to boot acronis images with grub4dos method (either with .iso or with ctmag script) as you know acronis ti cant have all mass storage drivers, also it takes soul of using Pe ;)

Haven't tried ctmag's scripts (only home ver's); don't bother with Acronis 'Rescue Media'; add any drivers you need with UR or other in PE, use LiveXP to save soul of PE! :cheers:

Just my opinions, of course, based on my own experience and others will see it differently which is fine. I'm always looking for something better, simpler, more reliable etc. and welcome a chance to try new programs and methods :cheers:

#17 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

There are already good scripts for 9.1 and 9.5* (only ones I'd use)

Yep, i totally agree with that, i dont use but i got same impression when looking to ti, and that is why i prepared 9.5 thun's script in livexp in case a ti lover friend asks for ti script for livexp.

I wonder, what ghost8 (or 11 or 11.5) can not do for you? (except universal restore)

#18 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:36 AM

Apologies to ctmag for hijacking the post, if more exchange needed we should start a new thread but here's a quick list:

Moving, resizing, cloning, upgrading is incredibly easy, partitions can be resized from either 'end' by drag bars!

Mounting images quick and easy and explore like normal files, drag and drop files to your desktop etc.

Many security options, source/destination file filtering, auto-decryption of files within images etc.

Pre/post process commands, mid backup pause for database capture, driver injection etc.

Optional single file or adjustable archive splitting if required, BU/restore to any media or network.

Make backup images on bootable disks with many options including unattended/universal restore etc.

Programs work same in LiveXP as in Windows and have options for multi-boot menus, hidden partition explore etc.

I just like the way the workstations and disk editor feel like real tools, you have every option open to you and no restrictions. Nothing is assumed or pushed on you like in Norton's newer stuff; Ghost has become the 'AOL' of backup tools and I just find it annoying and restrictive. I would have kept using Ghost 8 but I ran into trouble with Vista partitions which I need to work with from LiveXP more and more. Anyway, I know it's a personal preference thing and if Ghost works for you, by all means continue using it :cheers:

#19 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:42 AM

Apologies to ctmag for hijacking the post, if more exchange needed we should start a new thread but here's a quick list:

Yep, feeling the same and thank you for detailed post. And keeping answer simple, try ghost11.5, you may see progress :cheers:. We feel same about new ghost (12-13-14) product.
And also Thank you ctmag, by your script i get a good idea to use this feature in future with livexp. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users