#1 mr_

mr_

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Either I am totally stupid and forgot to post my thread or you deleted it?

Will you pm the user in any case if you delete something of him?

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

This would be a rare occasion, it's mostly reserved for spam bot members that post topics with absolutely no sense (and even a lot of spam posting are kept since a few other members usually spend some time making fun out of them.. :cheers: )

If some member makes a posting considered offending to other members (very rare), it's hidden from the public but still kept accessible for evaluation by other senior members.

I'd risk in saying that it was probably a case of not posting your thread, don't worry because the same also happened to me a few times when I click on the preview and then close the window assuming it had been posted.

;)

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

Either I am totally stupid and forgot to post my thread or you deleted it?

Will you pm the user in any case if you delete something of him?

Will you read the Rules? :cheers:
http://www.boot-land...?act=boardrules

8. Has the thread you started or participated in been moved, closed or deleted? Check with the forum moderator via PM. Please do not start new threads asking why other threads were moderated. Forum moderation is not up for public debate, such threads will be deleted and the thread starter warned. The Admin/Mods of this board reserve the right to edit, delete or move posts made on this site.

More generally, MAKE SURE a thread or post is missing BECAUSE it has been deleted before accusing a Mod or Admin of having deleted it.

jaclaz

#4 mr_

mr_

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

Will you read the Rules?

I reed the rules normally but due to design of humans brain it's not possible to remember everything in detail. It's like I am asking you "Can you name all persons who know your postal address?" or "Do you know all clauses in all your contracts and all licences?"...

More generally, MAKE SURE a thread or post is missing BECAUSE it has been deleted before accusing a Mod or Admin of having deleted it.

Now I am sure that I posted a thread. Someone did already reply. I can't find it again, neither manual, nor when using the search function on my username.

I received 0 new private messages.

edit:
Now I can be absolutely sure.
The link was http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6497
and the title was 'USB-HDD no longer bootable'

#5 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

I reed the rules normally but due to design of humans brain it's not possible to remember everything in detail. It's like I am asking you "Can you name all persons who know your postal address?" or "Do you know all clauses in all your contracts and all licences?"...

Sure, that's why I'm telling you :cheers:, next time you won't be able to say "I read it but forgot it".

You'll have to say "I read it, forgot it, jaclaz reminded me and I forgot about it again...", which will allow us to contact your family and have you visited by a doctor.....
:cheers:

(and this is Rule #12):

12. SMILE! ;) Life is tough, we all know that, when you enter this board, it will be appreciated that you leave your personal problems behind, asking and replyinq questions or however exchanging informations with a "positive" attitude, TAKE IT EASY :cheers: and enjoy your stay here.

Now I can be absolutely sure.
The link was http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6497
and the title was 'USB-HDD no longer bootable'

And guess what?

It's still there, but I merged it with another thread of yours.

Here:
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=6487&hl=

Please note that this CANNOT be the thread you lamented missing originally, as I merged it AFTER you posted here.

Please, also read attentively my last post on it, it contains hints on how to search for your own posts/threads BEFORE making a fuss about them being deleted.

:cheers:

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users