87 replies to this topic

#76 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

I will never ever see my old skin again. Hopefully!!! :cheers:
My skin was since the last board upgrade a mesh from two skins. The one that i used to have and the new default.
Strangely switching the skin only ever affected the parts that used the new skin parts.

Sometimes i do not like to be special! ;)

:cheers:

#77 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

How do we go back to the new theme once we go back to safe skin but want the web2 theme. I dont see an option.

On the bottom of the page there is a link to return back to the new skin.

Jaclaz, sorry but the default skin is this one.

We are not like other forums nor will look like other forums and there are certainly more important things to worry about at this precise moment. Please refrain yourself from using capital words and have some patience.

Thank you.

#78 ilko

ilko

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 500 posts
  •  
    Bulgaria

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

Many thanks for the "safe skin" link and good luck with the rest, I can imagine how much work and time this costs :cheers:

BTW I join the "whining" group about the new skin. If you are used to seeing and using forums in some way for years, a simple change may drive you nuts, not to mention a completely new, "improved" design.

#79 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

Hi Nuno,

As always, thank you for all your hard work and effort!! Wonderful job transferring the forum as smoothly as you have and the new server seems to have solved the previous site issues!! Wow, this is an amazing achievement, bravo my friend :cheers:

As for the 'new look', I appreciate what you're trying to do but this should have been an option for test purposes, not a default. The 'safe skin' is a blessing for me; the new one was literally painful on my eyes and strangely disorienting. I kind of liked the cool, fifties color scheme but it had the feel of a gossip/cooking tips blog rather than a serious technical site. My main concerns were the blurring of posts with no distinct start/stop borders; quotes and code snippets not clearly distinguished from surrounding text and the difficulties with reading text/font issues along with the seemingly glaring, white background which sent my retinas running for cover ;)

Anyway, as long as I have the safe skin, I'm a happy camper! Lost in all this are the great improvements to be found in this (new?) safe skin; at least for me, most of the cosmetic bugs in the earlier (original) skin are fixed! :cheers:

When things quiet down a bit, I'd like to find out what's going on with linked images from within (old) posts i.e. clicking on reduced images for full resolution produces error messages like:

The error returned was:
Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

There is abundant html error code listed at the top of the screen when this occurs for anyone who needs it. I realize you have many fish to fry right now, just thought I'd mention it in case you were unaware of the issue or if I need to do something on my end. Also, I'm still having trouble reaching old sub-forums; what is the protocol here? If I want to find say, thunn's old site here, I get (of course) 'Page cannot...' but simply switching http://thuun.boot-land.net/ to http://thunn.winbuilder.net/ doesn't work.

#80 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

Jaclaz, sorry but the default skin is this one.

Roger, over and out.

jaclaz

#81 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4163 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:58 PM

On the bottom of the page there is a link to return back to the new skin.

Thank you.

There is no such option. It use to be there. Its not there right now.

#82 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hmm.. this is strange. The link should be visible on every page.

In either case, you can also click here:
http://www.boot-land...?...1&skinid=38

To use back the new skin.

#83 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

@Nuno:

In my opinion, do not worry at all!

Me and I think also some other 'Dinosaurs' have a layout they can live with!

That's REALLY OK!

BTW: I personally do not miss the left frame with some additional info.

On the other hand, I have still some smaller concerns (which really do not hinder the world to continue living)

• Drop downs are transparent
  • Inside 'HTML' when writing a response, the layout totally changes, and some features ale lost (not displayed)
Over all:

GREAT WORK!

Peter

#84 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

Drop downs are transparent

Yes, I don't like it either and will be changed when possible.

Inside 'HTML' when writing a response, the layout totally changes, and some features ale lost (not displayed)

Hmm.. which features?

I'm not fully understanding, would you detail or post a screenshot?

I'll see what can be done! :cheers:

#85 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

Added:

- Modification to list members who viewed topic today
- Number of visitors at each forum on the front page
- New level ranks

-----

The Level ranks already existed before and everyone would reach the max after about 100 posts.

So a few more categories were added so that we could give some good use to them:

0..10 - Newbie
10..30 - Member
30..100 - Frequent Member
100..500 - Silver Member
500..1000 - Gold Member
1000..2500 - Platinum Member

#86 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

I already reached platinum member, nothing more to do. Guess i will go home. :cheers:

;)

#87 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:41 AM

I was thinking about a MoonStone level for those who survive to their 10 000th post.. :cheers:

#88 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:46 AM

Throw in a diamond member at 5000 and we have a deal! :cheers:

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users