#1 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

from company's site

Kaspersky® Virus Removal Tool is an utility designed to remove all types of infections from your computer. Kaspersky® Virus Removal Tool implies effective algorithms of detection used by Kaspersky Anti-Virus and AVZ Antiviral Toolkit.Kaspersky® Virus Removal Tool is not capable for real-time protection of your computer.Freeware.

I have met this app some monts ago in a "not so legal" www. I didn't managed to find its original source in Kaspersky site, and I though it was stolen from some ftp server without company's permission. I succeed to make a good script running in livexp, but as long as I was not sure about the legitimacy of the app, and no automated update was supported, I kept it for myself. Finally, Kasperky decided to make this stand alone scanner easily accesible, and here are the news.

Note, that it is not a scanner limited to very few malware, such as stinger or avast cleaner, but has a complete (?) database as Kaspesky AV has.

link for the kaspersky scanner

:)

#2 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

Nice find! :) :( :)

:(

#3 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

For using in PE, I suggest you install it in a virtual machine, get program's folder and make an self extracting exe. Manually. The holdback is that Kaspersky changes frequently the name of the inner sc
anner executable, that preventing an automated proccess of making self-exe achieves. Very annoying policy. :)

#4 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

Why would i need a self extracting archive in PE?
Eighter i include it at build time or i download and unpack while running.

:)

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

nice,
now we have one more good av on livexp
and btw, billonious it is good to know the extraction method and also we dont need to extract/unpack it first, it unpacks to destkop and starts nicely on livexp.

and thanks for roadkill package, as you see i thanked you twice billonius, good job neighbour :)

#6 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

hey guys,

hmmm, when I first installed kasp scanner in Sempteber, some problems occured with windows, I suppose that the scanner tried to control processes that may had been conficted with symantec av (which had been running by the time), but I am not sure. So, under the fear of hangings, I decided to run kasp scanner as a portable, to minimise undesirable concequenses .

....and starts nicely on livexp

. Yes, you are right. It seems that the only way is downloading the scanner inside the running PE and installing. But my objection is the case of lack of internet connection or of a very slow speed (and scanner's installer is 27 mb currently ).

i thanked you twice billonius, good job neighbour

:) you're welcome lanc, thanks a looooot.

Lanc, not to forget to notice that a bug of Iobit defragger is solved. If you like , give a try.

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:56 PM

. Yes, you are right. It seems that the only way is downloading the scanner inside the running PE and installing. But my objection is the case of lack of internet connection or of a very slow speed (and scanner's installer is 27 mb currently ).

I guess we are thinking the same way, eh we eat kebab and doner, no need to get much surprised :)
For future script
There can be a .url file (i did it once a long time ago, i guess for mcaffee) for ones who dont want to occupy space on livexp cd, and another option to include the package for internetless/practical situations. setup_7.0.0.290_25.11.2008_23-34.exe
I will try to write a script for kaspersky, i guess you will like it.

Lanc, not to forget to notice that a bug of Iobit defragger is solved.

Wonderful wonderful wonderful, Iobit is one of the nicest defrag utility i like, small, effective, lots of nice options and works nicely with x64. Nice to see it working with LiveXP.

Only one suggestion (if i remember right i notice same thing in your other scripts too)
Changing this line
ShellExecute,Open,"%ProjectTemp%\EULA.rtf",""
to this
ShellExecuteex,Open,"%ProjectTemp%\EULA.rtf",""
maybe better or not, you decide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users