#1 darksimoon

darksimoon
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

hello friends;

i have a diffuculty about the commands that works for aero. i investigated the sample aero.iso files in order to understand the structure of aero commands but i fail to understand. :cheers: for example;

title="livexp"
commands="root (hd0,0)\rchainloader /livexp/setupldr.bin"

title="bartpe"
commands="root (hd0,0)\rchainloader /bartpe/setupldr.bin\r\r"

above commands seems to be almost same structure but what is "\r\r" at the end ? this is just example. so can give me a source explanatory for aero commands pls ?

#2 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

hello friends;

i have a diffuculty about the commands that works for aero. i investigated the sample aero.iso files in order to understand the structure of aero commands but i fail to understand. :cheers: for example;

title="livexp"
commands="root (hd0,0)\rchainloader /livexp/setupldr.bin"

title="bartpe"
commands="root (hd0,0)\rchainloader /bartpe/setupldr.bin\r\r"

above commands seems to be almost same structure but what is "\r\r" at the end ? this is just example. so can give me a source explanatory for aero commands pls ?

Hi darksimoon

Hmmm, unsure where and how you discovered this grub commands – as you point out - "\r\r" what is this? I really don’t have a clue :cheers:

Anyway, please read my updated help (scroll down and jump to next page and to next as well) that might help you with this issue :cheers:
Visit My Website

#3 darksimoon

darksimoon
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

hello yggdrasil :)

i wanted to add some commands to my aero bootable flash disk but i failed. i want you to believe to me that i really searched through the forum and made too many tries. now i need your help

please can you provide me related commands for below file types?

*.img
*.wbt
*.iso
*.ima (i allready know from yggdrasil site)

my folder structer is as below;

usbroot
-iso\aero.iso
-images\ *.ima ; *.img ; *.iso
-acronis\*.wbt
-WP86\i386 (& related root files)

as a second question, i want to install win xp unattended from flash disk by aerostudio. in order to do this i add a folder named "WP86" at the root of flash disk and added all of the content of my unattended cd including $oem$ folder and related win51ip etc.

then i edited setuplrd.bin and txtsetup.sif and chanced the I386 with WP86 but no luck. :( i get the error: "...txtsetup.sif is missing or corrupt... status 14"

can you tell me what to do keeping the folder structer above ?

p.s.:folder structer is important to me because i plan to add win xp 64 bit unattended under the folder WP64 next time. by keeping this folder structer it will be easy to update my flash disk content. this is why i prefer flash disk rather than dvd. your answer to my question about unattended win xp will be a sample for unattended winxp64 bit later.

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

Anyway, please read my updated help

Good tutorial, thank you making it available.

Why not adding a link to your website in the forum signature space?

Keep up the good work!! :)

#5 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hi darksimoon

*.img
*.wbt I guess that this is acronis version of an floppy image?
*.ima

Basically, *,ima, *img are similar and I guess it’s the same file format for acronis.wbt as well.

This means you can start this file extensions using commands “bcdw” or “run” in aero.

As we are discussion running aero from usb, we want to avoid this message:
"File for drive emulation must be in one contiguous disk area".
To avoid this I suggest you put images (*.ima, *img or *.wbt) on usb device (in separate folders “images” to keep environment on usb device fairly clean).

To start acronis.wbt you should test using this command:

root (hd0,0)
run /images/acronis.wbt

Explanation:
root (hd0,0) This “(hd0,0)” is your usb device. We need to point to where "aero command" should “look”.
run /images/acronis.wbt This is the start command with (hopefully) right path (folder images) and path to file to “kick-start” (acronis.wbt).

Even smarter is to run g-zip to images (reduce size gives faster loading).
Command only differs to this:

root (hd0,0)
run /images/acronis.wbt.gz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let’s say you create another folder on usb with name “acronis” (you may want to have your acronis “tools” in a separate folder). Start command only changes according to path, like this:

root (hd0,0)
run /acronis/acronis.wbt

or if g-ziped like this:

root (hd0,0)
run /acronis/acronis.wbt.gz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you prefer to have images integrated to your ISO-file (built by AeroStudio) I recommend using bcdw as command. Like this:

bcdw (cd)/images/pqmagic.ima

As you can notice, no “root (hd0,0)” necessary here, because you start image from inside of your ISO-file.

Please read my updated tutorial - scroll down to bottom and jump to page of your choice - how and where to put images.

About *.iso-files
Yes you can start this to from aero on usb as well. I have tested with iso-file: “acronis true image echo enterprice server” (size 147 Mb) and it runs perfect.
Note: I copy this big iso-file to folder iso on usb device and “kick-start” iso-file using a separate floppy image, witch I also put on usb device (in folder images).

I’m currently working on updates to my tutorial pages to explain this. You can in following weeks - if I have spare time - find information regarding this issue there - and (hopefully) information about other issues as well :(
“as a second question, i want to install win xp unattended from flash disk as a second question, i want to install win xp unattended from flash disk…”

You can’t do it this way you suggest.
Please read carefully here: http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4900

Read especially advanced member “wimb” suggestions (witch are pretty heavy).
Note: I have tested this with WinXP proffesionell-sp2 in unattended mode and everything went well.

I can later provide you with a GUI-tool based on same scripts that are downloadable in mentioned tread above here. But I can’t for the moment find link to this GUI-tool, but should be somewhere on Boot Land forum :)

yggdrasil

#6 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Good tutorial, thank you making it available.

Why not adding a link to your website in the forum signature space?

Keep up the good work!! :(

Hi Nuno

Good tutorial, thank you making it available. Well…. thank you :)

Why not adding a link to your website in the forum signature space? Hmmm… Well I’m not familiar how to use this kind of “forum” - but working on it.

Keep up the good work!! As I pointed out, not familiar how to use this kind of “forum” and writing text (in English) isn’t my best skills. I’m more of a “hardware”-man than a “software”-man. Except to my wife – that’s my soft side I guess :(

See what I can do about this: “Why not adding a link to your website in the forum signature space?”

Bye the way, thank you to you Nuno and everybody else involved in the development of the amazing WinBuilder – many thanks.

yggdrasil

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

hi yggdrasil

thanks for infos,

for signature change, click "My Controls" at right up of the webpage you are reading now, after click you will see "Edit Signature" at left :)

yep, .wbt is probably another image format, popular for founded acronis images over internet and works nicely with same commands for .img/.ima/.iso

for acronis iso's, to start them with grub4dos i also use memory feature, in my grub4dos menu.lst

title boot Actimage.iso Acronis True Image Mem
map --mem (hd0,0)/Acronisl/Actimage.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)
boot

title boot Actimage.iso Acronis True Image
map (hd0,0)/Acronisl/Actimage.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)
boot

without memory feature image on disk should be contigous (i am not sure what happens with usb-stick, i mostly use with real hd), i dont know bcdw comands well, you know better.

Thanks for everthing yggdrasil, when i migrate from easybootcd to aerostudio, i will read your infos a lot.

darksimoon,
if you are really from Turkiye, please pm me turkish, i can provide some turkish websites for help.

Edit:
Nuno
What about having Turkiye instead of Turkey when selected??

#8 darksimoon

darksimoon
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:22 PM

hi yggdrasil

thank you verymuch for your reply. i will compile these knowledges and use at my project. meanwhile your site is getting better with the latest update and i'm looking forward about kick-start an iso file by means of another floppy image. it sounds cool :)

hi lancelot

i thank you too and yes i'm from turkey and i pm'ed you. :( i look forward turkish sources from you.

see you next

#9 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

I can later provide you with a GUI-tool based on same scripts that are downloadable in mentioned tread above here. But I can’t for the moment find link to this GUI-tool, but should be somewhere on Boot Land forum :)

I guess you are thinking about ilko's tool, that you can find here (together with "main" wimb's threads):
http://www.msfn.org/...P-USB-f157.html
http://www.msfn.org/...pF-t120444.html

jaclaz

#10 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

I guess you are thinking about ilko's tool, that you can find here (together with "main" wimb's threads):
http://www.msfn.org/...pF-t120444.html

jaclaz

Exactly what I was trying to find :) Thanks!

yggdrasil

#11 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:52 PM

yggdrasil

here is sth you may interested,
i read yesterday that there are u3 based usb sticks (i dont really know what u3 is, i dont have a ready one), people make a patch on this usb stick to make its cd capacity (virtual cd ) higher, and than they put xpcd or vistadvd to this area.

So after starting this computer with this u3 usb stick (bios see stick as usb-cd), you can install xp - vista.

I dont have an opportunity to test or observe, i guess it will take your attention.

here are pictures and utility from the website i read, good luck

ps: the tested u3 stick should have a feature for that kind of usage.

http://www.hizliresi...08/9/1/5193.jpg

http://www.hizliresi...08/9/1/5195.jpg

http://www.hizliresi...08/9/1/5197.jpg

http://www.hizliresi...08/9/1/5200.jpg
http://www.hizliresi...08/9/1/5202.jpg

http://www.hizliresi...08/9/1/5205.jpg

http://www.hizliresi...08/9/1/5207.jpg

http://www.hizliresi...08/9/1/5242.jpg

http://rapidshare.co...2/UFDUtility.7z

#12 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

@Lancelot

Details are also here:
http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=121502

:)

jaclaz

#13 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

Hi Lancelot

Interesting approach…
I thought U3 only run in windows – but here is something new (and big) to dig into.

I don’t have any U3 compatible USB-disk to test with, so this is something in the near future to “attack”. Thanks for sharing images and “know how”.

yggdrasil

#14 smallhagrid

smallhagrid

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Everything ?
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hi.
I just tried to visit yggdrasil's site and it comes up 404...
Any ideas where this tutorial may be found ?

Thanks for any help !

Anyway, please read my updated help (scroll down and jump to next page and to next as well) that might help you with this issue :rolleyes:
Visit My Website

#15 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

Hi.
I just tried to visit yggdrasil's site and it comes up 404...

Thanks for any help !

Unfortunately not. :cheers:

Currently it is in the Lost :cheers: part of the Lost&Found:
http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=78

jaclaz

#16 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

Tutorial's not but scripts are here :cheers:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=7324

#17 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:50 AM

This is a ”public letter” from yggdrasil

@Lancelot
Quote: ”I felt uncomfortable about distributing these scripts I downloaded since they are yggdrasil's scripts” – “If I am wrong and yggdrasil pm me, this topic will be closed.”
Yes @Lancelot I now that I’m quoting you :cheers:

Note: I do have been away for quite a long time (hate winter in my Nordic country :cheers: :cheers: but love southern Spain in winter time :cheers: ).
Scripts are not supposed to be distributed (I’m concerned about other users computer safety :cheers: ). But I guess that interested users already made so many downloads that’s it’s no point discussion this matter at this stage – it seems that I need to engage my self a little bit more in this forum (witch by the way is an excellent site with a lot of power full information/help).

Example here (USB-Grub-ISO all versions) about my thoughts for other users safety.
Should I use this text “Set number of connected hard disks, don’t count partitions or USB device! " Or should I use this text "Set amount of internal installed harddisks, don’t count partitions!" Text is supposed to clarify right settings, but I’m worried that these setting instead might confuse users and destroy data on other peoples computers – maybe @Jaclaz or you @Lancelot can give me some hints (test script to investigate if my English is good enough :cheers: – witch I think is my problem – other testers welcome to give feedback).

Best wishes to users of my scripts – be cool when using them
yggdrasil

#18 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

Example here (USB-Grub-ISO all versions) about my thoughts for other users safety.
Should I use this text “Set number of connected hard disks, don’t count partitions or USB device! " Or should I use this text "Set amount of internal installed harddisks, don’t count partitions!" Text is supposed to clarify right settings, but I’m worried that these setting instead might confuse users and destroy data on other peoples computers – maybe @Jaclaz or you @Lancelot can give me some hints (test script to investigate if my English is good enough :cheers: – witch I think is my problem – other testers welcome to give feedback).

hey, yggdrasil, happy to "see"you. :cheers:

Do you usually destroy your web site when you go on holidays? :cheers:

:cheers:

What about keeping it as simple and plain as possible?:
How many internal hard disks you have?
(NOT partitions, NOT external ones).

jaclaz

#19 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Welcome back yggdrasil, sorry for disributing your scripts, you know i only try to help, i just created the topic of your scripts only 3 days ago after some people asking in topics and after topic created on "lost" section, and at all time i waited you come back :cheers: (i never rushed to disribute your script)

But I guess that interested users already made so many downloads that’s it’s no point discussion this matter at this stage

. :cheers:
After your post i changed the topic and removed info inside,
Please clarify, should topic of your scripts removed permanently? (please simple answer: a ) close the topic and do not distribute (delete files from server), b ) keep the topic with a biiiig warning) :cheers: ???????????????????

files still on server, After your and/or jaclaz reply i will do a ) or b ) (i saved the content)

When you were away jaclaz had an offer to the comunity who might be interested here at post Post #1079

Mind you, NOT to "push" anyone or anything, but wouldn't it be time to get rid of the "HP utility" once and for all? :cheers:

There is NO actual need for it, it could already be replaced by my batches:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5000

Is it possible that anyone with programming skills/compiler cannot take the challenge to "translate" their contents into a single .exe? :cheers:

Lots of time ago Nuno had volunteered for it, but then "real" life and board needs took him away from the project :cheers:.

I would support anyone volunteering providing any implied, unwritten or unclear step. :cheers:

As a sign of good will, I will PM/e-mail the docs/links I gave originally to Nuno to anyone asking for them, the only "string attached" is that the app HAS to be released as Open Source AND with a Careware License, similar to my original one:
http://home.graffiti...t/careware.html

jaclaz

also read post 1080 too :cheers:. Maybe jaclaz would help to make a nice script too?.

(I’m concerned about other users computer safety :cheers: )

With using a batch file check (jaclaz knows better) you can protect user doing bad things to his harddrives. (there are some batch methods to get drive letter, drive number of removable media) (+also maybe a warning screen saying "C: D: E: will be permanently deleted" after selecting number 1.)
Scenerio is:
**a checkbox on script for "Check removable media for safety" which is enabled
**user select a hd number (lets say it 1)
**when script executed, batch check made for 1, if it is removable media than continue, if it is not removable media than exit.
i guess you understand!

As you know another method is writing a step by step tutorial by using an example!!, here at post 6

Here is a mini simple guide: what i do to make my '4gb Kingston USB flash stick' bootable with jaclaz post #2 tutorial.
2)
I double click BeeblebroxNT.exe , by looking at "Size in Megabytes" I found out that disk drive number of my flash stick is 4
http://img519.images...4/snap1buu6.png

+ maybe with some warnings by Big Red Bold letter.
ps: i guess you will be interested in usage of nfgdump.exe and BeeblebroxNT.exe

ps: please you or jaclaz dont forget to answer ??????????????????? marked question.

#20 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

@Lancelot
Once things are published on a board, it is implied that they are available/public.

yggdrasil did release the files (and nice tutorials :cheers:), thus there is nothing against re-distributing them.

Putting a warning notice (if needed) is allright, but this putting online/removing/putting online again :cheers:, is starting to unnerve me :cheers: .

I just had posted links to your post here, changing label to [FOUND]:
http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=78
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6856
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6857

When you decided to pull the link out, editing your post.

I don't care in the least whether the files are online or not, but you two should make up your mind, I'm not a traffic light.

What is that, a communication problem? :cheers:

What are you two speaking? :cheers:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3380
http://www.boot-land...?...=3380&st=15
Turkish? :cheers:

jaclaz

#21 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

@Lancelot

I guess that alternative b with a warning that users must set the right amount of internal hard disks and that every script is downloaded and used at own risk should be enough.

@jaclaz
Quote: “I don't care in the least whether the files are online or not, but you two should make up your mind, I'm not a traffic light.” And “What are you two speaking?”
I like your sense for humour jaclaz :cheers:

Yggdrasil :cheers: vs :cheers: Lancelot (in reality= :cheers: )

yggdrasil

#22 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

"yggdrasil Scripts" Topic rewritten:

@jaclaz

Once things are published on a board, it is implied that they are available/public.

Good rule, i wont forget that.

I never meant to unnerve your and/or yggdrasil, after yggdrasil post because i was not sure what to do and as i saw you already gave links i keep them on server and wait for your and yggdrasil respond. I try not be unrespectful to anyone (neither to yggdrasil nor jaclaz nor more boot-land ... :cheers: )

This is not a comunication problem, this is only luck, yggdrasil is away for a loooooooooooong while and i decide myself to put scripts on server to help others without asking yggdrasil because he never showed any respond on my old pm's or wrote anything new on boot-land (as far as i know), luckly he came back after 3 days i opened the topic but his post confused me to decide to delete content of topic for a while as i respect to yggdrasil.

My good intentions+luck+confusion=resulting a decision made with asking--->unnerve jaclazz===>jaclazz+yggdrasil posts--->fixed the decision===> jaclazz happy + ygddrasil happy + Lancelot happy + all people searching for yggdrasil scripts( Shiny Happy People everywhere )

Now all clear, yggdrasil is here and i learn a very important rule.

ps: out of topic: as an emoution picture i suggest this: Posted Image instead of Posted Image . Reason: first one have more emotion :cheers:.

@yggdrasil

i missed you man, again welcome back :cheers:
As you see without you, your scripts cause weird things Posted Image, i hope your website come back to online soon. Till then can you share the content so i can pack and put to my server to help others not to make mistakes.

Posted Image :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users