MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:57 AM

Hi,

I modified two scripts of VistaPE RC1 to better support German language.

1.) Slitaz
The modified script is found here. In the interface section I added a dropdown list to select the language used at boot time. I tried out and found out that de is supported, probably a unix-freak can tell me where to find out what other languages are supported.
I also modified the paths inside the script a little so that the downloaded files are kept in a directrory Slitaz beneath the %ScriptDir%. This is as the other scripts are coded (e.g. Total Commander). When the script is placed directly in OtherOS, it looks like the other stuff.

2.) PartedMagic
The modified script is found here. Here I also added a dropdown list to select the language. But unfortunately it does not work. When PartedMagic is booted there is a message about a decompress error of usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwertz/de.map.gz, but the file is present and seems to be ok.

I also modified the paths here a little so that the downloaded and extracted sources are kept as in other scripts in a directory beneath the %ScriptDir% and not in the Temp area.

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users