46 replies to this topic

#1 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

Yesterday tried installing and running VistaPE on a Vista business system. I downloaded the applications and then tried to use the Vista DVD for the source but am unsure on on what directory needs to be defined as the source. Is it the root of the DVD or another directory. I tried with the root of the DVD as well as "sources" directory at the root of the dvd with the same result. I get the following error messages:

[Failed] RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FltMgr] Key: [DisplayName] to variable:: [%RegName%]

Run - Failed to find section [NotConfigured] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-Core\Base\00-api-main.script]

Currently using UBootCD4Wind on XP machine and would like to be able to use the bootable CD with Vista on it.

#2 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:44 PM

this seems to be a bug, which i am working on..

Please give me some info on your system:

Vista business 32 or 64 bit?

Do you have waik installed?

#3 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

this seems to be a bug, which i am working on..

Please give me some info on your system:

Vista business 32 or 64 bit?

Vista 32

Do you have waik installed?

No I do not but was running VistaPE in Vista32 Business Edition and using the Vista CD.

#4 artiflo

artiflo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with the same param.

#5 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

i am sorry to say that i could not yet find out why this happends...a bug that i can not reproduce is hard to fix...so please give me as much details as possible...thanks...

#6 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

Well I had asked the following:

"I downloaded the applications and then tried to use the Vista DVD for the source but am unsure on on what directory needs to be defined as the source. Is it the root of the DVD or another directory?"

but did not get an answer.

#7 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

See if this helps:
http://themudcrab.co....php#tagVistaPE
http://themudcrab.co...de.php#tagPart3

in a nutshell, ROOT. :cheers:

jaclaz

#8 MaineCoon

MaineCoon

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 193 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

I can confirm this behaviour.
Made a fresh Vista Install on my test-partition and got the same message.
I'm using Vista 32 bit SP 1 (no difference with SP 0).

Here is the log-file:
Attached File  log.7z   3.72KB   403 downloads

MaineCoon

PS: Seems to be a WAIK issue, after having installed WAIK (but not used as source) the message doesn't appear

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   3.72KB   422 downloads

#9 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:26 AM

See if this helps:
http://themudcrab.co....php#tagVistaPE
http://themudcrab.co...de.php#tagPart3

in a nutshell, ROOT. :cheers:

jaclaz

Tried following along with http://themudcrab.com/vistapeguide.php however in figure 2.2 it states:

"Uncheck the VistaPE 12 script as well as all the other project scripts. Below, I've unchecked Optional, VistaPE v.12 (Beta 2) and Live XP."

Well in my WinBuilder there are no such entries until I checked the vistape.net/project as shown in figure 2.3. I also do not see VistaPE Multiboot v.11 in Figure 2.5.

Are we suppose to use VistaPE v.12 ??

How much of the steps on themudcrab.com are still valid?

#10 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

I never did get a response to my previous post so I never made it any further trying to get VistaPE working on my 32 bit XP using Vista DVD.

#11 grose

grose
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

Hi,
My experience exactly. Not obvious, install AIK, then works great. Note -- well worth joining the forum in order to be able to locate information such as this.
Gordon

#12 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

Sorry but you lost me. what is AIK? Do not forget I tried Vista PE over 2 months ago, joined the forum here then and dropped pursuing VistaPE any further due to no response.to a post in this thread.

#13 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:45 AM

Downloaded WinBuilder, selected vistape.net/beta and update.boot-land.net clicked on download. Then selected the SP1 directory and got the attached errors. What am I doing wrong???
:cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• BuildError1.JPG
  • BuildError2.JPG
  • BuildError3.JPG

#14 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Change thename of the main directory from "Vista PE" to "Vista_PE". For some reason it's raditional that boot-CD-builders don't like spaces. :cheers:

Otherwise, do the files exist?

#15 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

hmm, i always tried with spaces in the path when developing, so it should work with a space in the path...

i think 7z.exe does not exist (only 7za) so just copy it there...the same applies to cdmake and qemu....

#16 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

I downloaded the beta files. Changed the SourceDir to point to Vista directory where the CD contents are. Clicked on the play button, got the series of errors. Screenshot attached are of that directory which is referenced in the error messages. Is that directory missing a bunch of files?

Attached Thumbnails

• BuildError4.JPG

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   15.11KB   518 downloads

#17 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hello
So far everything you asked about with 7z, Languages and Help are located in your \Projects\Tools directory. Are these files in fact in that directory and what are the contents? I had a corrupt download last night downloading Vista updates from servers in WinBuilder

#18 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

<br />Hello <br />So far everything you asked about with 7z, Languages and Help are located in your \Projects\Tools directory. Are these files in fact in that directory and what are the contents? I had a corrupt download last night downloading Vista updates from servers in WinBuilder <br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Are you taliking abotu the directory whose listing I showed in my previous post?

#19 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

Downloaded WinBuilder, selected vistape.net/beta and update.boot-land.net

I think the server for VistaPE v.12 RC1 is:
vistape.net/project

#20 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

pcguy999
Errors you have posted i see you put winbuilder on D: in a folder called VistaPE and in that folder and there should be a folder named Projects, and in Projects folder you Should have at least VistaPE-Core and Tools
so look in D:\VistaPE\ Projects\Tools and see if the files in your errors are there.

dera thanks i will check it out

#21 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:50 PM

&lt;br /&gt;pcguy999&lt;br /&gt;Errors you have posted i see you put winbuilder on D: in a folder called VistaPE and in that folder and there should be a folder named Projects, and in Projects folder you Should have at least VistaPE-Core and Tools&lt;br /&gt;so look in D:\VistaPE\ Projects\Tools and see if the files in your errors are there. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;dera thanks i will check it out &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />There are D:\Vista_PE\Projects\reactos and a D:\Vista_PE\Projects\tools\help and D:\Vista_PE\Projects\tools\languages.

I used Vista's search for files including hidden and non indexed files on D: and it did not find one of the missing files cdmake.exe

#22 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

I think you should try using C:
But heres a very good link to setting up and useing Winbuilder
http://winbuilder.net/help/

#23 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:20 AM

<br />I think you should try using C: <br />But heres a very good link to setting up and useing Winbuilder <br /><a href="http://winbuilder.net/help/" target="_blank">http://winbuilder.ne...et/help/</a><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Think dera might of found the the problem. I selected vistape.net/project and winbuilder is downloading a lot more files this time

#24 pcguy999

pcguy999

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:40 AM

Well did another try and some of the errors I seen before are gone but one re cdcreate.exe still occurs plus other new ones. Attached is the most recent logfile.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   15.1KB   536 downloads

#25 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

on LEFT in WB look for VistaPE core v12 (RC1) click it ,, you should see and build a VistaPE and not a reactOS live cd if you want a vistaPE cd.

uncheck servers you dont need right now,, and try again,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users