#26 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

Yep, I agree too. It's only a suggestion, and if accepted only to be worked towards. We don't need it immediately as we've done without it in the past.

Regards,
Galapo.

#27 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:14 AM

added it to the bugtracker...

#28 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

Script Command Changes:

- System,RefreshVars:

Obsolete. The results of this command are now included in the new variables handling.

If you still use the command, you will get an warning message.

But this warning is just a message. The resulting project will work.

- System,RebuildVars: New. In the current LiveXP scripts it seems to be not needed. It is necessary in this case:

Set,%First%,first

Set,%Result%,"Here is %first%"

Echo,Value of #$pResult#$p is: %Result% >> Here is first

Set,%First%,second 

Echo,Value of #$pResult#$p is: %Result% >> Here is first

System,RebuildVars

Echo,Value of #$pResult#$p is: %Result% >> Here is second

And I think that release notes are very actual documentation, before somebody anywhen makes the official doc from the release notes

Peter

Hi Peter,

Is this the latest word on the new variable-handling? I have noticed there is a major failure in my old project when run with 075 beta 6.

Sometimes, it is necessary to re-SET the value an interface checkbox variable.

The checkbox gives an option for the user to install a component. However, certain other selections require it to be installed; in which case, it is necessary to ensure that the value of the checkbox is SET to 'true' so that the installation goes ahead.

It worked in 074.

Here's the codebox code:

[variables]

[process]

Echo,Original: %pCheckBox1%

If,"%pCheckBox1%",Equal,"False",Set,"%pCheckBox1%","True"

Echo,Without Rebuild: %pCheckBox1%

System,REBUILDVARS

Echo,After Rebuild: %pCheckBox1%

[Interface]

pCheckBox1=CheckBox,1,3,423,105,45,17,False

and here's the movies

074ChBoxVar

0756b6ChBoxVar

What can I do?

Regards

#29 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

Is this the latest word on the new variable-handling?

As long as there are no new points of view.
And here seems to be one.

Before I'm going into scrambling everythig and writing new code:

Did you try to replace "System,RefreshVars" by "System,RebuildVars"?

I explained somewhere:

Most "System,RefreshVars" are not longer necessary, and are shown as 'Warning'.

The reason is that the rebuild of variables takes a long time, in newer WB versions wasted time, because rebuild usually does does not change variables. The result is as before.
In the rare cases (yours seems to be one of them) where they are needed, the command has to be replaced by "System,ReBuildVars" in order to start the 'old' mechanism of rebuilding 'everything'

Peter

#30 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

Yes. You will see in the code 'System,RebuildVars", which obviously generates an error in 074, and does nothing to help in 075 beta6. 074 does not require 'system,refreshvars' to work.

Thanks

#31 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

Yes. You will see in the code 'System,RebuildVars", which obviously generates an error in 074, and does nothing to help in 075 beta6. 074 does not require 'system,refreshvars' to work.

Thanks

Then it looks like that I have to 'Scramble' :)

Can you post a (074) script to use for tests?

Peter :)

BTW I'm an old man and sometimes forget something. Can you put it into the bug tracker?

#32 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

Can you post a (074) script to use for tests?

The codebox code runs in 074. To stop the error in 074 (not important) change rebuildvars to refreshvars.

I don't think I can just whip up a .script for one of your projects.

You could try downloading mine (not up to date, but still should show the error), at pe2.winbuilder.net. :)

Regards

#33 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

The codebox code runs in 074. To stop the error in 074 (not important) change rebuildvars to refreshvars.

I don't think I can just whip up a .script for one of your projects.

You could try downloading mine (not up to date, but still should show the error), at pe2.winbuilder.net. :)

Regards

Let me try ...

Peter

#34 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

Let me try ...

Peter

Try my project? I was sort of joking. If you do, you will need WAIK 1.1, and you'll need to be online when running the project. At a minimum, you will download a shell (emergeDesktop is preferred ATM), and the default - meaning, no choice - Browser (Opera) and FileManager (FreeCommander).

You will not see the error - error is the wrong word - until it is booted, and wonder what's gone wrong here? 'System Packages' aren't being installed as and when required with WB 075 b 6, because the checkbox switch isn't changing when it needs to - unless, of course, the right packages are explicitly selected in the interface checkboxes.

Otherwise, if you can get the codebox code to work that should solve it.

Regards

#35 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

Try my project? I was sort of joking. If you do, you will need WAIK 1.1, and you'll need to be online when running the project. At a minimum, you will download a shell (emergeDesktop is preferred ATM), and the default - meaning, no choice - Browser (Opera) and FileManager (FreeCommander).

You will not see the error - error is the wrong word - until it is booted, and wonder what's gone wrong here? 'System Packages' aren't being installed as and when required with WB 075 b 6, because the checkbox switch isn't changing when it needs to - unless, of course, the right packages are explicitly selected in the interface checkboxes.

Otherwise, if you can get the codebox code to work that should solve it.

Regards

I do not see logical problems to test.
I have WAIK installed, I have a cable modem, and I can download all these apps (installation for me would be adecision from app to app.)
If your project only need the files on the host, no problem.
If your project needs the apps installed and working on the host, you should revide and rewrite your project ASAP!

I think that the codebox snippet cannot help, because I do not have the interface with the checkbox. So in codebox I cannot really reproduce your issue.

Again:

Try to make a 40 lines script containing your code and an interface containing your necessary components.
That can become a test object not only for me, but also for several other members who want help.

Peter

#36 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

I think that the codebox snippet cannot help, because I do not have the interface with the checkbox. So in codebox I cannot really reproduce your issue.

The codebox does not require the actual interface, just the [interface] section, and the correct syntax (?) for the object... the right numbers, etc.

My project will download everything required.... I can't always be checking the download URLs because of download restrictions.... maybe some are dead, in which case, I'm sorry. Many are SourceForge so should be OK, if a little outdated.

A few programs - WindowsGate, possibly - require a system file or two which is not free on the internet so copied from the host. Ghost and the free version of FastStoneCapture require their files to be in an archive directory on the host... I'd have to check for others.

For testing, you don't need any optional/additional programs. In most cases (perhaps always) the project needs the 'scripting package' and it is obviously not installing because the shortcut-creation at boot-time is erroring out. Other packages are required by some of the additional programs.

Here's the latest
[attachment=7180:pe21.002n.zip]

Make sure that the WAIK is installed and is version 1.1 (in control panels > add/remove programs > click 'product support' button.)

Hope WB can be repaired. ... :) ... Otherwise, I'll need to rewrite the project, which is on its last legs anyway because of the new WAIK. So no big drama.

Thanks

#37 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

BTW, you will definitely need to use the latest vesion of the project because of earlier adjustments made to fit the WB beta.

#38 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

BTW, you will definitely need to use the latest vesion of the project because of earlier adjustments made to fit the WB beta.

Currently not yet.

I first have to try to understand / reproduce your issue in detail.

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users