2 replies to this topic

#1 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hi folks :huh: ,

I need some instruction on how to amend a registry key but not in a manual sense, it needs to be undertaken with a registry key?

Here's my dilema, this is how it is done in the manual way I'm not very good at editing the registry:

Delete the Value data of a certain registry string. Navigate in the Registry Editor to... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders In the right panel look for this entry... My Music REG_SZ C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\My Music Double click on My Music, and delete the Value data. Don't delete the entire String, just the value data.

Here's another example I need to undertake also:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders Look for this entry in the right panel... CommonMusic REG_SZ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\My Documents\My Music Double click on CommonMusic, and delete the Value data. Don't delete the entire String, just the value data.

Can the above be built into a ".reg" key & if so how would you do it please!

Thanks in advance,

ispy :huh:

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

Hi folks :huh: ,

I need some instruction on how to amend a registry key but not in a manual sense, it needs to be undertaken with a registry key?

Here's my dilema, this is how it is done in the manual way I'm not very good at editing the registry:

Delete the Value data of a certain registry string. Navigate in the Registry Editor to... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders In the right panel look for this entry... My Music REG_SZ C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\My Music Double click on My Music, and delete the Value data. Don't delete the entire String, just the value data.

Here's another example I need to undertake also:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders Look for this entry in the right panel... CommonMusic REG_SZ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\My Documents\My Music Double click on CommonMusic, and delete the Value data. Don't delete the entire String, just the value data.

Can the above be built into a ".reg" key & if so how would you do it please!

Thanks in advance,

ispy :huh:

Contents of the .reg:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

"MyMusic"=""

BTW: When writing the .reg, remember to have unicode / utf-8

Peter

#3 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

Hi Peter :huh: ,

Muchas gracias amigo!!!

R&R,