- - - - -

acpi vista loader 2.1.2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ZarathustraXIII

ZarathustraXIII
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Games,Arts,Meteorology,Chemistry.
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:48 PM

Sorry guys,this is my 2nd post cuz' just now I posted at the wrong place.

First of all,I'd like to say I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.Sorry for the bad self-introduction,but I'm really in the time of need.

As the topic says my Vista failed to boot due to an "unknown" error.I just upgrade my Windows XP Professional SP3 to Windows Vista Ultimate,and during installation it works just fine.But after self-reboot,the screen just stuck at acpi 2.1.2 Vista Loader and does nothing.Can't type anything,nor do anything.

So I'm curious,what's wrong with it?If this has something to do with my PC hardware,then this is my PC spec.

abit MotherBoard AX78
AMD Phenom 2.20 Ghz
ATI Radeon 512MB 4850 HD
Corsair RAM 2G

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.Thanks in advance!

#2 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:31 PM

Please do not double post, and please not in wrong section, i removed you second post.

I am sorry to say that i do not know what the Problem with your vista is, but from my point of view upgrading a xp with vista is always a bad idea, i prefer clean installs...

#3 ZarathustraXIII

ZarathustraXIII
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

Sorry for the D-post.

....clean install...maybe if I did that it won't come to this.But...do I have to format my drive?I boot from CD to re-install Vista but it happens nothing.I can't run the WindowsVista installation anymore.

So...any solutions?I don't want to fromat cuz lots of treasure in my C: drive...

#4 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Well, there are lots of ways to do what you want, but your post make me think you are not that experienced in doing such things, so be warned: If you are not sure how to do anything you find in this forum and your data is important to you, go and see someone preofessional (the next pc shop) to do this for you.

Now here are possible solutions:

You can use winbuilder (this is what this forum mainly is about) to create a resue cd. With this cd you can boot you system and put all folders you may have on hd in a new folder (lets call it "Old System").

Then you can reinstall a fresh windows (be carfull and do not refomrat your hd)

After the fresh windows is running you can get all your files from the "Old System" folder

There are also hundere of other ways to do this...

If you VistaDVD does not boot up anymore, you way have to go to the bios and chan ge the boot order...again, if you never did this, it may bring trouble if you do it wrong.

#5 ZarathustraXIII

ZarathustraXIII
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

Hmm...

About the boot order,I knew how to set it up.It asked me "Press Any Key To Boot From CD".

What I meant is it takes me to the screen where Windows Vista is about to start it's installation process.BUT,nothing comes out.Just the screen without ANY text.Holds...holds and holds.

Actually before I have experienced ALMOST the same problem,only that I can type text at the boot error.I found the solution by one of this forum's valuable member named jaclaz.

But this time,I can't type anything.Usually when I press CTRL+ALT+DELETE the computer restarts.But...you knew it.

So,as you ask me to do,I can't get it done because of what I've said up there.That's it....do I need to FORMAT my C: to get this done?Because FORMAT is the LAST solution I'll do...

#6 ZarathustraXIII

ZarathustraXIII
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

Ok guys,here's what I got after messing with my BIOS for a while.

Before the message just showed Booting Windows Vista acpi 2.1.2 Vista Loader.But AFTER I ENABLED ACPI,it showed

Booting Windows Vista

acpi 2.1.2 Vista Loader
Done!
fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr

But IRONIC thing is I CAN'T TYPE ANYTHING.Just like before.IF NOT,I can settle this problem!

Any idea?

#7 ZarathustraXIII

ZarathustraXIII
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

Ok,since I can run the Windows Vista Instalation Process now,I need to get a guidance regarding this.

I knew that I JUST installed the Vista Ultimate at my C:.So,I checked it and Windows did not detect any problem.But I can't boot Vista.How to solve this?

In my guess,I don't need to CLEAN INSTALL Vista.I need to make a good use of the Command Prompt.Was not it?

Thanks in advance!!

#8 ZarathustraXIII

ZarathustraXIII
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:07 PM

Dammit.After I've PATIENTLY waiting for the ANSWER,I lost my patience.So,as if fate ask me to stand on my own feet,don't rely on others.I never knew it wuz this simple.

Start Windows using Windows Recovery,Command Prompt.

Boot to your Vista DVD, open a command prompt from the repair options, and type bootrec.exe /FixBoot.

Everything went fine.

TOPIC CLOSED.

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

Glad it's solved, thank you for sharing the solution for this peculiar matter.

:huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users