#1 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

I'm getting the following registry entry created on my local host machine when building LiveXP: 'HKCU\WB-Temp\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\ShellErrorMode'. Obviously, there is a typo somewhere where 'HKCU' should rather be 'HKLM'. However, I am at a loss in finding the culprit. A text search in all scripts results in nothing.

Does anyone else get such an entry appearing in their registry? Any ideas on where the issue is coming from?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:20 AM

I'm getting the following registry entry created on my local host machine when building LiveXP: 'HKCU\WB-Temp\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\ShellErrorMode'. Obviously, there is a typo somewhere where 'HKCU' should rather be 'HKLM'. However, I am at a loss in finding the culprit. A text search in all scripts results in nothing.

Does anyone else get such an entry appearing in their registry? Any ideas on where the issue is coming from?

Thanks,
Galapo.

Havn't seen this, what build are you using that I can test?

#3 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

My own personal one which is somewhere between the 'recommended' and 'complete' options of LiveXP.

I'll test the offical versions now and see if also occurs and let you know.

Regards,
Galapo.

#4 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:51 AM

I found the cause: if the option 'Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time' is selected on the explorer script, then the particular entry is generated. I don't know why and will PM Peter.

Regards,
Galapo.

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

just messaging that i havent found any thing, i havent made full tests for a while, this cause me do so, and i may find sth and will report soon :huh:
'Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time' is never selected in my build so that is why i didnt get that :huh:

only reminding these links, may or maynot be relevant:

http://www.boot-land...amp;#entry45185
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=44894

#6 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:58 AM

'Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time', if checked, has always caused serious corruption in my registry (renders IE unusable). I think this is why it was set to unchecked by default :huh:

#7 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:22 AM

I always have the option checked as it causes no issues on my machine. This is the only minor glitch I've encountered. Anyway, I'm glad we've found the cause and that since the option is unchecked by default (ie, unless I have a lapse of concentration and upload with it checked after testing myself with the option checked), there is no real problem for end users.

(As an aside, I don't have to rely on this particular script option to render IE unusable, I like to do that personally myself!)

Regards,
Galapo.

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:40 AM

'Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time' is a feature that allows to register a DLL/OCX on build time and save the time from having to register the same DLL everytime the boot disk starts up.

It's a very cool feature if you compare it to XPE where you'd sit and wait until everything is done.

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2745
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2705

-------

Only one thing comes to mind - I wonder if the order where they are registered means anything?

On Amalux case - IE is first installed (on build time) and only then comes explorer DLL's to allow make things work when it is booting up.

I wonder if it would be possible to create a waiting list of DLL's to be installed while the build is going on and only install them when the build is on the last level scripts?

btw: Can you post the script that you're using? I remember posting one for liveXP some time ago but it was very incomplete, ispy has posted a tutorial regarding what you need to do in order to remove IE from windows and we can reverse use this list of files to integrate it back - http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5066

On the list there are a lot of OCX files that we could also try with the option to install at build time to see how it goes. Look on the explorer script for the syntax example.

actxprxy.dllasctrls.ocxatl.dll.lnkbrowsewm.dllcdfview.dllckcnv.execryptdlg.dllcryptext.dllcryptnet.dllcsseqchk.dlldispex.dlldxtrans.dllhlink.dllhomepage.infie4uinit.exeieakeng.dllieaksie.dllieakui.dlliedkcs32.dlliepeers.dlliesetup.dllimgutil.dllinitpki.dllinseng.dllisign32.dlljobexec.dlljscript.dlljsproxy.dlllicmgr10.dllmobsync.dllmobsync.exemsencode.dllmsidle.dllmsieftp.dllmsnsspc.dllmsr2c.dllmsr2cenu.dllmsrating.dllmssign32.dllmstime.dllmsxml.dllmsxml3.dlloccache.dllplugin.ocxpngfilt.dllproctexe.ocxregwiz.exeregwizc.dllscrobj.dllsendmail.dllsimpdata.tlbsysinv.dllt2embed.dlltdc.ocxwebcheck.dllxenroll.dlliexplore.exe

#9 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:20 AM

btw: Can you post the script that you're using?

http://livexp.boot-l...Explorer.Script

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:34 AM

Hi Galapo - good morning!

Thank you but I was talking about the IE script or does the explorer script comes with IE support? :huh:

They do however seem to share an awful lot of inter-dependencies, please excuse me if my previous post wasn't very clear, I appreciate your help.

:huh:

#11 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:13 AM

Hi Nuno,

Sorry, I'm unable to help. My discussion here has been solely in relation the the explorer script (once that has been found to be the cause of the stray registry entry), the dll registration option of which can affect IE registry entries on host OS in Amalux's and Lancelot's case, but not mine or Peter's.

Regards,
Galapo.

#12 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:30 AM

Hi Nuno,

explorer script dont come with IE support,
as both exp and ie scripts share an awful lot of inter-dependencies
i guess you are asking for a working IE script ???? or anything else?

ps: mail notification started to work now, thanks a lot :huh:

#13 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

Reading posts again,

I wonder if the order where they are registered means anything?

yep, order is very important as far as i know from advices of dera

I hope these help

links deleted to protect unexperienced users, still available on my server for people that reads this line and want to try

#14 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

Hi again.

I'm not working on this script as IE is not something I worry much about either but looking on the script I notice that will register most of the DLL/OCX's that were mentioned before.

The code below could probably be registered on build time to save time from the booting portion (imagine the time it takes to register all these files..).
[codebox]TXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\atl.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\actxprxy.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\browseui.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\browsewm.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\compatUI.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\hnetcfg.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\iepeers.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\inetcomm.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s/i#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\mshtml.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\mshtmled.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\msieftp.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\msxml.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\msxml2.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\msxml3.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\ole32.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\oleaut32.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\olepro32.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\shdocvw.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\tdc.ocx",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\urlmon.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\mlang.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\netshell.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\mydocs.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\hhctrl.ocx",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\shimgvw.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\imgutil.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\pngfilt.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\inetcfg.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\jscript.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\vbscript.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\scrrun.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\scrobj.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\wshext.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\wshcon.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\wshom.ocx",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\asctrls.ocx",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\plugin.ocx",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\hlink.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\iedkcs32.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\inseng.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\licmgr10.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\msrating.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\sendmail.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\objsel.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\hnetwiz.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\twext.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\itss.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\itircl.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\proctexe.ocx",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\nlhtml.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\msscript.ocx",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\stobject.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\hotplug.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\iesetup.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\themeui.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\rsaenh.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\vgx.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\webcheck.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\cdfview.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\occache.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\xenroll.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\mscat32.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\Msi.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\Cscui.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\dispex.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\dxtmsft.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\dxtrans.dll",APPENDTXTAddLine,%target_win%\ie_reg.cmd,"#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\regsvr32.exe#$s/s#$s#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\ddrawex.dll",APPEND[/codebox]Here is the syntax:[code]Run,%OLESupportScript%,Register-DLL,richtx32.ocx,riched32.dll[/code]

More info - http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2745

On the explorer script you find this example:

[Build-Time]
Run,%OLESupportScript%,Install-DLL,shell32.dll,browseui.dll,shdocvw.dll
If,%pCheckBox6%,Equal,true,Run,%OLESupportScript%,Register-DLL,shimgvw.dll

EDIT:

Looking closely on the script I see that the option to register these DLL's on build time was already added.

Amalux - have you tried this build time option in IE already?

Hope it can solve the annoyances in which you've stumbled.
---------

Last but not least, you can simplify your code and make it more flexible by using the API instead of the CopyOrExpand command.

Instead of

CopyOrExpand,"%SourceDir%\i386\iexplore.exe","%TargetDir%\I386"

One can use

require_file,iexplore.exe

The difference is that you are no longer attached to I386 and can grab the same from elsewhere if needed in the future.

#15 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hi Nuno,

there may be more things needed than require_file :huh:, when i add lines i use require_file but left others untouched to see modification better, as it is not a finished script (and wont be finished by me with my poor abilities about this subject) you masters know better.
Anyway i hope you like it, all credits are for dera, i did only simple things.

*-
there are some doubts i have about "Run,%OLESupportScript%,....."

-
at current topic galapo reported a reg entry error

-
also here:

Hello,

i have an issue with OleSupport Script.
source: german XP SP2 / SP3
try this:

[Main]
Title=Test
Level=5
Selected=True
Mandatory=False
[Process]
Run,%OLESupportScript%,Register-DLL,devmgr.dll

devmgr.dll is not registered in PE (SP2 not visible, because pre-registered, SP3 not registered)
AND
devmgr.dll is unregistered on my host pc. (my computer > manage > system > no device manager)

(run regsvr32 devmgr.dll on host to repair)
Peter

-
i lost my html, htm registration (they are not regged to ie) after using this feature with explorer.script, here is a nice defination from medevil that describes my and amalux problems i guess

The only reason to hold it: At several systems (mine included) this behaviour is not seen. It seems to depend on the current associations.
Some of the registration entries of the dll do not end up in the PE registry as intended, but in the system registry.
As long as one already uses the Windows default settings, no difference can be seen.

So independant if one sees the problem or not, some netries are missing in the PE registry.

-
also ie script using register these DLL's on build time made ie NOT work (never tested yet with a xpsp2x86 host yet) in my tests, i put the option of buildtime to be ready when problem is solved :)

with doubts of that reasons,
for me best solution seems, when i make a final cd, i will put all to a xp32bit host, and use buildtime options in explorer.script (and if working with IE script and if exist in other scripts).

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

I found the cause: if the option 'Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time' is selected on the explorer script, then the particular entry is generated. I don't know why and will PM Peter.

This option in most cases creates troubles for the user. As already discussed anwhere else, I only did not remove it until now because it works for some users.

Let me explain what happens:

I used a Windows API funktion 'RegOverridePredefKey' which redirects one of the keys HKCR, HKCU, HKLM to a defined place where the registry changes are recorded.

one of the keys means:
Usually an intstall writes into all of the three keys. In order to catch the complete installation changes, the program does the installation three times, and catches one key fter the other.

But that also means that you do a complete reinstall of e.g. explorer dlls in your local host.

If you do not have any 'non-standard' definitions, everything is ok. You only write already present information.

But if your local registry is different: ??? Something is lost.

Therefore:
Use the 'Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time' option only after 'Signing a document' that you know about the troubles and acccept them.

(I would prefer to remove the option from the official script, and the users wanting to use it should use a backup of the current version)

Peter

#17 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

Just a littel hint regards to file registration.
Order is important if you do it on a running system, as some registrations depend on others already being present.
If one writes the values offline into the registry, like in a PE
Order is not important, only that all registrations are done.

#18 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

Hi Nuno,

To try and answer your question, selecting 'Use DLL init at build time rather than at boot time' only negatively affects my host machine (kills IE6). Un-checking this option solves problem for me and I see no downside for LiveXP (boots to desktop in under 60 sec) where I use Opera browser. So, it seems I am not missing anything by unchecking this option :huh:

#19 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

(I would prefer to remove the option from the official script, and the users wanting to use it should use a backup of the current version)

As i wrote before, Please dont remove option :huh: , I just want to give nuno info, i dont want this option to be removed as i wrote before

for me best solution seems, when i make a final cd, i will put all to a xp32bit host, and use buildtime options in explorer.script (and if working with IE script and if exist in other scripts).

Which i can live happly with :huh:

#20 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

I used a Windows API funktion 'RegOverridePredefKey' which redirects one of the keys HKCR, HKCU, HKLM to a defined place where the registry changes are recorded.

Hi Peter,

So you you have an opinion about the key which is created and remains? That is, 'HKCU\WB-Temp\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\ShellErrorMode'. Has it been redirected and captured into the PE registry and just hasn't been deleted after this? Or something else?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#21 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

Hi Peter,

So you you have an opinion about the key which is created and remains? That is, 'HKCU\WB-Temp\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\ShellErrorMode'. Has it been redirected and captured into the PE registry and just hasn't been deleted after this? Or something else?

Thanks,
Galapo.

Galapo, sorry!

Your question shows me, that I did not read your previous post correctly.

the HKCU\WB-Temp really is strange.

Currently no idea. I'll have a look at that, but propably after about a week (some vacation pending ...)

Peter

#22 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

That's OK. I hope you have a good break!

The key which is created is no real problem and causes no problem. It's just a "stray" entry, as I said. So no rush is necessary.

Regards,
Galapo.

#23 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:22 AM

Let me explain what happens:

one of the keys means:
Usually an intstall writes into all of the three keys. In order to catch the complete installation changes, the program does the installation three times, and catches one key fter the other.

Hi Peter,

Do you know if it is possible to redirect the three keys at the same time to three locations? If so, this may overcome the issue of overwriting the host registry.

Paraglider's RunScanner seems able to redirect multiple keys at the same time.

Regards,
Galapo.

#24 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

Paraglider's RunScanner seems able to redirect multiple keys at the same time.

Interesting idea, have you tried?

#25 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

Interesting idea, have you tried?

I Googled a bit today. But I did not find a hint to use 'RegOverridePredefKey' for different keys at the same time.

Maybe it is possible to deviate the deviation of a deviation ...

Surely it is possible to use hooks. But that is a way I do not want. It depends too much from versions; maybe a new OS update destroys everything ...

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users