[freeware] Command & Conquer Red Alert

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

There have been a few games released over the last few years that have generated widespread appeal. Some of these are from the Command & Conquer range – some of the most popular realtime strategy games. It’s easy to become engrossed in a Command & Conquer game for hours at a time, particularly when the weather wasn’t great.

Red Alert, for some, was the premier product in the C&C range, partly due to the fact you could play as the US or the Soviet Union and, quite frankly, the Soviet’s had some of the better and most interesting technology. Tesla Coil anyone?

Celebrating the 13th anniversary of Red Alert – and the forthcoming major launch of Red Alert 3 – EA have decided to give away the original classic Red Alert, for free! Better still, the game and installer has been updated to work on both Windows XP and Vista.

You need to download two different discs – the Soviet and Allied discs and then use an archive manager to decompress the content. They are supplied as RAR images. There are separate installation guides for Windows XP and Vista users.

Note the download here is to the initial Allied disc. You need to download the Soviet disc separately from the EA Red Alert homepage.

http://www.vnunet.co...nquer-red-alert

Based on a post made by Stidyup - http://ubcd4win.com/...showtopic=11427

:huh:

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:23 AM

Time to play redalert 1 :huh:

my favorite strategy game is starcraft broodwar, which is playable with livexp :) (but without sound it will be boring) and blizzard made starcraft broodwar playable without need of cd anymore (so no need nocd utilities anymore).
I thought about writing a script for broodwar and quake2 but postponed. I hope one day blizzard decide starcraft to be freeware and idsoftware decide quake2 to be freeware :) . These are only games i played lots of times before :).

anyway, lets play an old game for fun, red alert 1 :huh: Thanks for info nuno

#3 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

What a nostalgie, i played this game lots of time before, ahh ahh

just a note
game is playable by using dosbox, for sound write these to REDALERT.INI

[RedAlert]
Setup=1

[Sound]
Name=86
Card=e000
Port=220
IRQ=7
DMA=1
BitsPerSample=8
Channels=0
Reverse=0
Speed=0

[Language]
Language=ENG

[Intro]
PlayIntro=no

i copy DOSBox folder to \RedAlert1_AlliedDisc\ folder
i copy INSTALL folder out of CD1_ALLIED_DISC.ISO to \RedAlert1_AlliedDisc\ folder, put/edit REDALERT.INI file above, created 2 files with notepad in \RedAlert1_AlliedDisc\ folder
RedAlert - DOSBox.cmd

start dosbox\dosbox.exe .\RedAlert.bat

RedAlert.bat

imgmount d c:\CD1_AL~1.ISO -t iso
cd install
RA.EXE

I will play it once when i find time, Have a nice game :huh:

to avoid misunderstanding with \RedAlert1_AlliedDisc\ folder i mean the folder where CD1_ALLIED_DISC.ISO is in.

ps: one can use dosbox and use install procedure from dos too which i did first.

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

You're a StarCraft fan?!? :huh:

That's my favorite game since 1998, I drag it along to everywhere I go and play for a while in multiplayer against 7 other computer oponents at the same time using the Protoss whenever I want to play and let time pass for a few hours.

First time I played in multiplayer with 7 oponents against me it took a bit over 9 hours to finish the game and win over the other groups. Now, after some 10 years I can already do it in less than two hours.. :)

I'm currently using Ubuntu and tried out the open source version warcraft-alike game called Dark Oberon but it just ain't as fun as starcraft so I discovered how easy it actually was to run starcraft from wine: http://nunobrito1981...-starcraft.html

Here is one of the map games that I've modified from "8 - Big Game Hunters" and turned everything into islands just for fun - http://nunobrito.eu/..... Hunters2.scm

Hope you like it.

:huh:

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:02 AM

Sorry for poor english, fanclub-->fan :) my wrong usage :)

will try this map (i directly remember the map :huh: ) , my favorite map is easy money to play against 5 zergs which still make me happy from time to time.

I am not a pro starcraft player, i start to play late and didnt found oponent to play with. At same years there was quake2 which we played a lot with friends on LAN (24 people at most :>), than starcraft became popular in lan too but i was too busy, and after that i only played on my pc without internet for a loooong time (found expansion packs some of which were realy hard to finish).

Still, for me, best strategy game is starcraft. I had a game lover friend who brought me lots of games in past (i fix some stuff on cd/dvd copy, updates etc), i always compare strategy games of them with starcraft and starcraft always wins :).

beside wine with ubuntu, starcraft is playable with even vista64 :huh:

also one can easly start a PvPGN_Server and call other friends to connect for a nice game. (or hamachi but i like pvpgn server method more) There are PvPGN servers around to play sc as you should already know.

there are only a few number of games a appreciate a lot (i havent played a new game for a long time). Starcraft, quake2, ut2004, trackmania (all version but especially nations) and i wont forget any of them. I can feel the soul of the game when i play them :)

#6 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

What a nostalgie, i played this game lots of time before, ahh ahh

you said everything dude , memories come back :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users