21 replies to this topic

#1 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:41 PM

I enabled Internet Explorer 7 in Winbuilder to build a WinPE 2.0 image. After booting up with the image, I cannot access the menu item "Internet Options" under the "Tools" menu in IE 7. When I click on "Internet Options", I got error "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. " I tried to copy a good inetcpl.cpl from another vista machine but unable to open it in WinPE.

How can I enable "Internet Options" in IE 7? In addition, how can I enable the same item in the Control Panel?

#2 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

this is a bug and will be fixed in a later vpe version...its a bit complicated to explain, so it is best you use firefox in the meantime or opera or whatever...wait for vpe12final...

#3 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:18 AM

Thanks!! Do you know how to enable ActiveX (Downloading and Running ActiveX) in IE 7 in WinPE? Since I cannot open Internet Options to change the ActiveX related settings, I tried to modify the registry entries followed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569 but still not work.

#4 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

hmm, activex should work...can you give an example where it does not work (something i can test in my version)

#5 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

For example, I went to http://h50203.www5.h...antsupport.aspx and clicked on "Launch an online diagnostic session". I had to manually downloading ActiveX but was not able to run the ActiveX control, and got one of the following error messages:

Your current security settings prevent running ActiveX Controls on this page. Therefore, the page may not display correctly.

Your security settings do not allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer. This page may not display correctly. Click here for options.

I guess I need to change the Security settings in "Internet Options" to get the ActiveX control running. Not sure if you can visit the site and run the ActiveX control OK.

THanks!!

#6 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

well i can not test it, because i have no hp hardware i could chat about.-)) try finding something else that i can test....

#7 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:31 AM

Try this web site: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/apac/

or http://www.bitdefend...m/scan8/ie.html

I got the same messages when trying to run ActiveX controls. Thanks!

#8 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:22 AM

OK, in my (fixed) version i get a message that it could not be started, but i also get the yellow bar at the top telling me that the website trd to install an activex. i click the bar and say install and after a few seconds i can run the online scanner...you are sure this does not work for you? if so, please wait a few days fir the updates to be released...thanks....

#9 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:42 AM

Yes, I also got the yellow bar at the top saying you will have to install an Activex. After installing the ActiveX, I got the following message on the top:

Your security settings do not allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer. This page may not display correctly. Click here for options.

I asked my several friends to test it and got the same results.

Regarding your fixed version, is it possible to download it now? I really want to get it ASAP. Thanks in advance!!

#10 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:06 AM

sorry, please give me some days to test...it took quite a while to fix this and other bugs...it needs testing first...

#11 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:42 AM

OK, I understand. Looking forward to the new version released. :huh:

#12 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:50 AM

Hi, is there any update on the new version? Sorry for hard push. If it is convenient to download, could you please give me a link? I would also like to test it on my side.

#13 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

yes, well some last minute problems came up...i expect it to become ready by the end of this week...

#14 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

thanks! i have been suffered by this problem these days. Your help are greatly appreciated!

#15 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

still not ready, having some other more pressing jobs right now, but i am confident that it will be fixed soon...sorry for the delay

#16 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

thank you for response! I will wait for the further update. Meanwhile, I will be happy to test the latest IE script if you send it to me at newpengjing@yahoo.com when it is ready. thx again!

#17 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

Is there any progress on this matter?

I've done the same steps to get IE7 script working under WinPE 2.x from WAIK (no Explorer.exe or DVD being used) and get the exact same error message when trying to access the Internet options tab.

My initial idea consisted in exporting all registry entries made by IE7 when installed on a clean XP box and it seems to work but I can't access the Internet Options tab nor run any activeX controls.

I was careful to open IE and disable all possible restrictions at the clean machine before exporting these keys so I'm really puzzled why the test machine has no restrictions and the PE machine has them.. :)

----------

To replicate the same behavior, visit http://youtube.com and then try to install the flash player.

Here is a screen capture, notice how there is no option to allow the install of ActiveX
Posted Image

Any ideas to try out of missing reg entries, policies, etc?

:)

#18 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

This is just a sugestion but try the updated explore script in this link
just replace (Projects\VistaPE Core\Base 10-explore.script) with this script 10-explorer.script

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6634

I have found this adds lots of options,

i also use Explorer Shell

this works in VistaPE does
WinPE = VistaPE?

whos in pic drinking a coke???

#19 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Hi everybody,
I don't understand the problem correctly.
For me it work correct.

I can install the activex-control.
The internetoption I can also correct open.
Hm...
I have a german system and explorer-shell

#20 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

try the updated explore script

Thank for the valuable answer, trying from within VistaPE the Internet Options tab is working, however activeX still failed.

I'm testing the boot disk construction from plain command line without running VistaPE and added support for HTA using the WAIK console tools.

My goal is to have an app script for IE9 that doesn't depend on explorer shell nor the Windows Vista DVD.

I already know it is possible to run IE without explorer (as you see on the picture) but these system restrictions that avoid ActiveX from running is still puzzling me.

I can install the activex-control.
The internetoption I can also correct open.

Thank you for the feedback will try to dig further into the explorer script to see if I can find the gimmick behind this "secret".

I have the felling that all is already working but still missing some registry entries at some location.

--------------

WinPE = VistaPE?

Very different in some things, I like the fact that anyone can download the WAIK for free so I'm playing around with it more often these days.

whos in pic drinking a coke???

My wife, who else?!? :)

Posted Image
On my free time I take pics for fun and this was a random photo over a dinner where she seemed like a perfect advertising slogan for coca-cola.. :)

#21 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

perfect advertising slogan for coca-cola.. :)
LOL,, Yes

Ok i tried 2 website listed by pengyimin

first
Housecalls web site gave me a java not installed (could not install Java)

Second
Bitdefender asked for and I installed ActiveX controls Online Scan ran with out a problem.

Remember i used VistaPE with updated explorer file from 2aCD

#22 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

@nuno

That is an ambitious goal.
To error searches use the Registry of the Installwim-source. Load the SOFTWARE as Tmp_Software and export individually software and Classes and CLSID. Then replace 'Tmp_Software' to Software with 'search and replace' from the reg-files. Now in the current VistaPE the reg-files import and see whether it functioned. If you can make and again try the reg-files ever smaller. A lengthy search. (For the IE also the user part is important.)

Much Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users