Hi folks ,
Found this little gem when mooching around on the net: (sign of a misspent youth that!)
(Universal Plug and Play Port Forwarding, Port Forwarder, Port Mapper)
I wish this little gizmo had been available a couple of years ago "Port forwarding my Ozenda modem router twas then a nightmare for me!"
Price tag: FREEWARE!
Status: PORTABLE (Ripe for a script hint hint)
Version: 1.0 (4/16/2008)
Size Archived: 92Kb's
About the Program:
Most, if not all, Home Routers theses days have UPNP, and most have it enabled by default.
This simple yet effective tool gives you the ability to control the UPNP functions of your router.
Some Routers only support port forwarding if using static IP's... So, if you want to use DHCP, and still forward ports, this program would be your solution!.
Note: The old linksys routers are completely worthless when it comes to UPNP,
such as the BEFSR41, BEFW11S4, and others that had their last firmware update about 4 years ago.
though their firmware update log shows they fixed UPNP issues,
I know my BEFSR41 v2 and BEFW11S4 v4 do not respond to valid UPNP requests.
There may be other routers out there which also have broken UPNP support.
If you find a bug, or incompatible router, please email me (The Author that is!) with details!
- Does NOT rely on Windows XP UPNP services.
- Program directly implements the UPNP protocol with direct sockets.
- Complies with UPNP documented protocol specifications.
- Excellent tool for viewing forwarded ports on your router, that would otherwise be invisible to you.
- A Single EXE file, nothing to install, and simple to use.
- A fast, easy, and universal way to forward ports in your home router.
Obligatory screen shot:
& not forgetting all importantly Location Location Location!:
Needless to say ENJOY!,
[PortableApps] Dinky Little UPNP Port Mapper
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users