#1 Rika

Rika
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

Hi can you help please,

Last night my mums Vista Home Premium (Genuine Copy) did an automatic update, but now the god dame thing wont start, ive tried to do several things:

Safe Mode - Crashes
Repair- can not repair
A recovery Cd also crashes
System Restore - Nothing Happens

Ive googled a load of pages now and cannot find anything! Whilst reading some sites ave managed to work out that the Update - updated a driver for Bluetooth and thats whats causing it to Not load,

I tryed to boot from CD but thats not working either!

And as its a Preinstalled copy, I cannot reinstall the OS

Any help please would be appreiated!

#2 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

if the recovery cd also fails i would check hd and ram...

if you can use memtest from www.memtest.org to test the ram and use some hd test (i recommend windlg from wdc.com).

#3 Rika

Rika
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

if the recovery cd also fails i would check hd and ram...

if you can use memtest from www.memtest.org to test the ram and use some hd test (i recommend windlg from wdc.com).

Ive done a memory test and hd test all seems to be fine, all this from an update from Microsoft? Am really starting to get pc rage at the moment as a cant find any solutions

#4 sda1

sda1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

There is no reason else than damage to you disc if it is malfunctioning, download this iso and burn it to disc amend your boot sequence in order to boot off it and select the repair option it will have the boot configuration data sorted out in no time. Vista's master boot record is quite complicated but can be repaired just as easy.

bootmgr - winload.exe for you I hope it is!

#5 sda1

sda1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

Also uninstall the last couple of updates and let microsoft make them available again

#6 Rika

Rika
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

How can I uninstall updates if I cannot get anywhere past the log on screen !

Ive fone chkdsk c: /f /v 'but at the end its saying " failed to transfaer logged message to the device log with status 50.

But it is finding a load of erroers and obviously not fixing them?????

#7 Rika

Rika
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

There is no reason else than damage to you disc if it is malfunctioning, download this iso and burn it to disc amend your boot sequence in order to boot off it and select the repair option it will have the boot configuration data sorted out in no time. Vista's master boot record is quite complicated but can be repaired just as easy.

bootmgr - winload.exe for you I hope it is!

I used this last night one of the first things I done.. but it did not work when the computer restarts it Loads the windows screnn then goes to a black screen with white writing going through sequences (loading windows I think?) but it crashes on - psisrndr.ax i canot find out what this is?

#8 slothman

slothman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:09 AM

Well that psisrndr.ax file is a BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter

Sounds like a media center update got borked somehow

What I would do is boot off a Vista install DVD, select the repair option and use system restore to restore to the last known good working restore point. Had to do that a few times where I installed some bad drivers on a friend's vista machine :cheers:

Note that I may or may not be able to reply to this thread again, just happened to come it across it while searching for something completely unrelated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users