- In case the XP Source is NOT on Partition 1 then USB_XP_Setup.cmd will
propose to Copy it to Partition 1 when this is the C-Install drive.
Thus when the XP Source is e.g. prepared with RyanVM Integrator on Partition 2,
then it is NOT necessary to Make an USB-stick, if Install on the Local Computer is desired.
In fact this Option makes ANY Location of the XP Source Acceptable, instead of the Partition 1 Limitation.
- USB_XP_Setup.cmd can now also Copy RAM BootSDI IMG File to the just Formatted Install Drive,
so that in case when XP Setup fails, there will always be the LiveXP Escape Boot Option available.
- For an USB-stick the option to Migrate the Drive Letter in XP Setup to U:
can now be Selected in the Main Menu of USB_XP_Setup.cmd instead of at the End of the Program.
- The USB_XP_Setup package can also be Downloaded combined with PStart_X so that
the Portable Tools can be conveniently launched from a Menu, which resides in the Taskbar System Tray.
Moreover, PStart_X can be build in the LiveXP BootSDI.img File so that it is always easy available
in the LiveXP PE Environment.
In the LiveXP stable Project lx51808cx of amalux I noticed that the Drive Letters of Harddisk Partitions
are NOT present in the makebt\dplist.txt as produced by makebt\MBRWiz.exe /list
The result is that when USB_XP_Setup.cmd is used in the lx51808cx LiveXP PE Environment,
then identification of Harddisk Partition from Drive Letter using makebt\dplist.txt fails,
so that USB_XP_Setup.cmd cannot Continue. The Solution is to use another LiveXP BootSDI.img File.
Run DISKPART from cmd window
DISKPART > Select Disk 0
DISKPART > detail disk
The column Ltr does NOT display the Drive Letter for the case of lx51808cx LiveXP
I don't know yet what is causing this issue, but will Continue to do more experiments.
Direct Download - USB-XP-Setup ----- Or ----- PStart-X + USB-XP-Setup
Adding Pstart_X to your LiveXP BootSDI.img File
- Vista as OS requires to turn User Account Control OFF
- Download and Run PStart_X.exe and Extract to PStart_X folder
- Copy ramdisk.sys and setupldr.bin of your WinBuilder\Workbench\Common\BootSDI folder
to your Pstart_X\USB_XP_Setup\makebt\srsp1 folder
- Run Pstart_X\USB_XP_Setup\USB_XP_Setup.cmd
- Select just your XP Source folder to Copy some XP files to the makebt folder
Then End USB_XP_Setup.cmd with Quit
- Run makebt\Mount_IMG.cmd and Select to Mount your BootSDI.img file in a Virtual Drive
- Copy your PStart_X folder to your Virtual Drive in which you mounted BootSDI.img file
- Use UnMount_IMG.cmd to Close the Virtual Drive and Save the Changes in your BootSDI.img file
- Then Run Pstart_X\USB_XP_Setup\BOOT_IMG.cmd to Install your BootSDI.img file
as Boot Option in XP boot.ini Menu or Vista GRUB4DOS menu.lst Menu
- Reboot and Select from the Menu to Boot with your BootSDI.img file