United States

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

DriverForge Version 5.0

"The Blunt Force, Easy to Use, Non-Confusing, Driver Installer"
df454ui.JPG

Development here

Script 06 here (DriverForge v5.0)

Script 05 here (DF v.4.5.4) Tested in LiveXP; VistaPE

Script 04 here (DF v.4.5.3) Tested in LiveXP; VistaPE **possible issue in 4.5.4 reported here by Lancelot.

Get DriverPacks setup scripts from Lancelot here!

Thank you to kickarse for DriverForge program and to Lancelot for testing and DriverPacks scripts!

#2 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

DriverForge v4.3

"The Blunt Force, Easy to Use, Non-Confusing, Driver Installer"

Info here

Script here

Thank you kickarse for DriverForge!

Himmm, interesting :cheers:

I'm thank you very much for information and script :cheers:

#3 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

Himmm, interesting :cheers:

I'm thank you very much for information and script :cheers:

You are most welcome, my friend; thank you for all you do! :cheers:

btw, I like your 'robot' :cheers:

#4 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

btw, I like your 'robot' :cheers:

:cheers:

You are welcome my friend, take care of yourself. :cheers:

#5 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:43 AM

Hey,

v4.4 is out. Sorry about that.

#6 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:06 AM

Hey,

v4.4 is out. Sorry about that.

Hey, don't be sorry! Great program! Script will be updated shortly (probably VistaPE compatable as well) :cheers:

#7 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

Script updated to version 4.4 and hopefully also works in VistaPE as well (need tester) :cheers:

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

Very cool app, any chance of doing the same for linux as well? :cheers:

This program really seems to make it so easy to inject new drivers.

Thank you kickarse and Amalux for making this tool available to boot disks.

I hope to try it soon on a real machine test and report back some feedback.

:cheers:

#9 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

Nice utiltiy, main purpose is injecting drivers to an existing windows on harddisk.

BUT, i tried some different things and got interesting results, hoping you will get interested, here is my test.

A) using this utility to add driver to Pe1 after Pe1 boot.

With BartPE:
1) i put DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z and DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_8053.7z files to usb to an empty folder.
2) i put no drivers to bartpe, created with pebuilder and put it in a .img file which have about 100mb free space in it.
3) i started pc with this .img file (from usb, ramdisk.sys etc)
*) so now nor the ethernet neither any of the hardisks were seen by bartpe (jmicron raid0, ich8 ahci)
4)with DriverForge,
in compressed section show the location folder of DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z and DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_8053.7z files.
in extaction X:\i386\system32\drivers
and started. (after finish i closed DriverForge)
5) I started Hwpnp utility (force and install drivers)
6) I used a utility to mount the disks that are found automatically. (MountStorPe.exe )
7) i started net support.

valaaaa :cheers:. now i can reach ich8 ahci connected disk from a43 and can connect the internet .

so this utility solves half of the problem i wrote here:
Adding driver after boot (not before) ?, all mass storage drivers may not be in livexp

But in BartPE i coulnt reach jmicron raid0 disks.
with BartPE, i got 2 same error sceens when using DriverForge
Title: Device installer error
Text: windows could not load the installer for DiskDrive. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.

also with BartPE when drivers was installing, signature verification was asked and i choose continue. (for realtek and jmb)

ps: i also tried using single drivers for my mainboard instead of dps packages, they worked nicely too.

LiveXP:
in fact i tried first this idea with LiveXP :cheers:
When i used DriverForge an error came with: sfc.dll , syssetup.dll not found.
and instead of hwpnp i try to use LiveXP device manager, and search for new device.
non of disks nor ethernet were found.

it seems to me that this utility can be the answer for "Adding driver after boot to livexp"

before trying new things (it takes lottts of time) i wrote here so maybe new ideas can come.

:cheers: Using this utility to add drivers to livexp: Failed and no need to mentione now, A) is more important.

ps: you can get MountStorPe from here: http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm

#10 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

Perhaps I can integrate the Hwpnp utility for PE type installs?? Does anyone have a link to this?

Ed. Never mind I found it... I hope it's ok with Paraglider...

I'm going to write my app to use this program instead. Not only does it make my program faster but it also makes it smaller. We'll see I guess.

#11 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

Nice utiltiy, main purpose is injecting drivers to an existing windows on harddisk.

BUT, i tried some different things and got interesting results, hoping you will get interested, here is my test.

A) using this utility to add driver to Pe1 after Pe1 boot.

With BartPE:
1) i put DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z and DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_8053.7z files to usb to an empty folder.
2) i put no drivers to bartpe, created with pebuilder and put it in a .img file which have about 100mb free space in it.
3) i started pc with this .img file (from usb, ramdisk.sys etc)
*) so now nor the ethernet neither any of the hardisks were seen by bartpe (jmicron raid0, ich8 ahci)
4)with DriverForge,
in compressed section show the location folder of DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z and DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_8053.7z files.
in extaction X:\i386\system32\drivers
and started. (after finish i closed DriverForge)
5) I started Hwpnp utility (force and install drivers)
6) I used a utility to mount the disks that are found automatically. (MountStorPe.exe )
7) i started net support.

valaaaa :cheers:. now i can reach ich8 ahci connected disk from a43 and can connect the internet .

so this utility solves half of the problem i wrote here:
Adding driver after boot (not before) ?, all mass storage drivers may not be in livexp

But in BartPE i coulnt reach jmicron raid0 disks.
with BartPE, i got 2 same error sceens when using DriverForge
Title: Device installer error
Text: windows could not load the installer for DiskDrive. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.

also with BartPE when drivers was installing, signature verification was asked and i choose continue. (for realtek and jmb)

ps: i also tried using single drivers for my mainboard instead of dps packages, they worked nicely too.

LiveXP:
in fact i tried first this idea with LiveXP :cheers:
When i used DriverForge an error came with: sfc.dll , syssetup.dll not found.
and instead of hwpnp i try to use LiveXP device manager, and search for new device.
non of disks nor ethernet were found.

it seems to me that this utility can be the answer for "Adding driver after boot to livexp"

before trying new things (it takes lottts of time) i wrote here so maybe new ideas can come.

:cheers: Using this utility to add drivers to livexp: Failed and no need to mentione now, A) is more important.

ps: you can get MountStorPe from here: http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm

very useful news, tnx

#12 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

v4.5 is out. It is completely reworked. The INI settings have changed a bit and now you can choose HWPNP or Devcon or Native Windows method for installation. Both for Devcon and HWPNP you need to download the files and put them in the DriverForge folder.

Let me know how it works!

#13 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

v4.5 is out. It is completely reworked. The INI settings have changed a bit and now you can choose HWPNP or Devcon or Native Windows method for installation. Both for Devcon and HWPNP you need to download the files and put them in the DriverForge folder.

Let me know how it works!

Script updated and ready for testing :cheers:

#14 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

Thanks!

#15 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

kickarse:
i tested v4.5 to add drivers to livexp and bartpe, i put devcon.exe, hwpnp.exe, hwpnp.dll to its folder and in both livexp and bartpe there already exist hwpnp drivers (in livexp it's inside xpnp)
With BartPe after many trials BartPE get ich8 and ethernet driver, but not jmicron driver (raid0)
With LiveXP none of the drivers suceed (-ich8-ethernet-jmicron)
but sth noticable in livexp that is after DriverForge i see new yellow exclamations on ethernet and jmicron. It seems to me that (after checking) DriverForge 4.5 didnt copy required files to X:\i386\.... . I checked for ethernet driver sys file (which is the easiest control) but no .sys file of ethernet was in X:\i386\.... folders.

i tried all methods, native, hwpnp, devcon. hwpnp and devcon completed, native couldnt complete. With Native method it shows hardware installation window to confirm install hardware, after continue DriverForge hangs about at %90. (i waited a long time, no cpu activity etc.)

But:

i guess it is still a good powerful tool to add drivers to an existing windows on hd using pe environment, never tried it, i hope amulux will give more detailed reports.

For my purpose (adding drivers to livexp and bartpe in pe environment) i found another program "Driver Import PE" which works perfectly now (i found it after trials with driverforge and busy with finding the reason of errors i got in livexp). At least it successfully adds ethernet and masstorage drivers which are essential for pe needs. (i wish i could try other types with driver forge which excites me a lot :cheers: )

you can find app script of "Driver Import PE" for livexp here
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5213
or you can download plugin of "Driver Import PE" for bartpe here
http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm

it uses hwpnp, .inf file in http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm, plugin shows what/how it uses i guess.

i hope i could help kickarse, sorry, it took a lot time to test :cheers: .

next time i will test new release of DriverForge by trying to add vmware ethernet driver to livexp environment. (by disableing ethernet driver of vmware when building)

billonious: i hope you will like this new app, please check http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5213 again and report any your trials with "Driver Import PE" there :cheers:

#16 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

kickarse:
i tested v4.5 to add drivers to livexp and bartpe, i put devcon.exe, hwpnp.exe, hwpnp.dll to its folder and in both livexp and bartpe there already exist hwpnp drivers (in livexp it's inside xpnp)
With BartPe after many trials BartPE get ich8 and ethernet driver, but not jmicron driver (raid0)
With LiveXP none of the drivers suceed (-ich8-ethernet-jmicron)
but sth noticable in livexp that is after DriverForge i see new yellow exclamations on ethernet and jmicron. It seems to me that (after checking) DriverForge 4.5 didnt copy required files to X:\i386\.... . I checked for ethernet driver sys file (which is the easiest control) but no .sys file of ethernet was in X:\i386\.... folders.

i tried all methods, native, hwpnp, devcon. hwpnp and devcon completed, native couldnt complete. With Native method it shows hardware installation window to confirm install hardware, after continue DriverForge hangs about at %90. (i waited a long time, no cpu activity etc.)

But:

i guess it is still a good powerful tool to add drivers to an existing windows on hd using pe environment, never tried it, i hope amulux will give more detailed reports.

For my purpose (adding drivers to livexp and bartpe in pe environment) i found another program "Driver Import PE" which works perfectly now (i found it after trials with driverforge and busy with finding the reason of errors i got in livexp). At least it successfully adds ethernet and masstorage drivers which are essential for pe needs. (i wish i could try other types with driver forge which excites me a lot :cheers: )

you can find app script of "Driver Import PE" for livexp here
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5213
or you can download plugin of "Driver Import PE" for bartpe here
http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm

it uses hwpnp, .inf file in http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm, plugin shows what/how it uses i guess.

i hope i could help kickarse, sorry, it took a lot time to test :cheers: .

next time i will test new release of DriverForge by trying to add vmware ethernet driver to livexp environment. (by disableing ethernet driver of vmware when building)

billonious: i hope you will like this new app, please check http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5213 again and report any your trials with "Driver Import PE" there :cheers:

Thanks so much for testing!

I guess my issue is that I don't know PE well enough to know how to help. But I would love to help add that functionality to DriverForge. Where do the drivers get imported in PE? Is it into the registry somewhere? Do they get moved to i386 or something? Does HWPnp.exe use the HWPnpDLL.dll or is it HWPNP.dll??? Because the downloaded file is HWPNPdll.dll.

Well default native method and devcon work fine in a normal XP environment. But this PE thing is a little over my head. Basically all I've ever done is edit a Winbuilder build.

#17 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

kickarse:

i am not a pro on pe, but i will help as much as i can
Where do the drivers get imported in PE? -> normally when creating pe iso, the drivers are added (also to its registry)
Do they get moved to i386 or something? -> yes drivers are copied to .\i386\system32 and .\i386\driver ..inf\.... (and maybe others)
Does HWPnp.exe use the HWPnpDLL.dll or is it HWPNP.dll??? Because the downloaded file is HWPNPdll.dll. -> hwpnp plugin for bartpe comes with HWPnp.exe + HWPnpDLL.dll , also in livexp some scripts (so far i know 2) comes with HWPnp.exe and HWPnpDLL.dll.

as i wrote before you can look in: "Driver Import PE" for bartpe here, http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm
Meanwhile
Galapo rewrite a script to add "Driver Import PE" to livexp which includes required files and reg settings all in one (+HWPnp.exe and HWPnpDLL.dll + additional things), you can get it from here (also availabe from winbuilder download section): http://livexp.boot-l...r/DrvImp.script (you can open .script with notepad, but if you want to extract files in it use winbuilder.exe)

i am not a pro about .script writing and pe stuff. galapo, psc, jacklazz, nuno, nikzzz....... are the masters :cheers: i know so far, i am only a learning rookie.

it will be better if you download winbuilder-livexp and try it yourself,
you can download newest scripts with using winbuilder or
there is a ready to use package is here: http://winbuilder.ne...load.php?view.8

i am happy that devcon is working on realxp :cheers: , i will make a trial on a realxp when i find a chance to do, but as so far everybody is satisfied with this tool in realxp, i dont think i will have any problem :cheers: .

sorry, these are all i can know, i hope these helps.

#18 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

Thanks Lance! Does DPInst.exe work for you?? I'm about to add that functionality to my program as well. And if it works in both normal windows and PE then I might just use that from now on. Thanks for everything!

#19 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:47 AM

kickarse:

sorry for late answer, i was busy with new issue and tests of "Driver Import PE". +things.
also there are very nice tools/plugins/demos in kare's site which is directly related to your utility.

havent tried DPInst.exe yet (also i have peimg.exe in mind).

i will make trial when you make an update notification on msfn. I will give a break 'cause full test of driver integration needs realcomputer test which takes a lot of time (i am lucky (or maybe unlucky :cheers: ) with having ich8ahci and jmicron raid0 together so real computer test gives the true result) and i forgot how many realcomp tests i made today.

#20 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:54 AM

Does DPInst.exe work for you??

DPInst is an excellent program, but unfortunately one that I have not been able to get to work under PE. Some dependency is missing which I have been unable to track down. After first clicking 'next' upon program start, the program sits endlessly searching.

Regards,
Galapo.

#21 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:17 AM

ProcessExlorer finds it uses these

advapi32.dll
ntdll.dll
userenv.dll
crypt32.dll
setupapi.dll
rundll32.exe
kernel32.dll
syssetup.dll
ntdll.dll
hal.dll
ntkrnlpa.exe
fltmgr.sys
kernel32.dll

Also you can use dependency walker to figure out more. But those should give us a start I would imagine.

#22 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:32 AM

My guess is that DPInst fails due to following issue which is apparent when starting hdwwiz.cpl:

hdwwiz.png

Regards,
Galapo.

#23 kickarse

kickarse

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

We don't need to load the hdwwiz.cpl though, do we? It can run silently and throw everything into a nice dos window if we wanted...

Something like dpinst.exe /q /lm /sh /sa /a /se /c /d /path "X:\D\M\1"

I can edit my program to run through and find each folder that has INF's in them, kill all the duplicates folder-to-inf locations and then run that command on each of those folders.

ed. I'm working on it as I type...

#24 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that hdwwiz.cpl is needed or not. What I was indicating is that DPInst likely fails for the same reason that hdwwiz.cpl does. (I know devcon installation of drivers fails for the same reason.) Figuring at what's going on should result in getting closer to having DPInst function.

Regards,
Galapo.

#25 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

Anybody have success with this tool in a nativeEx based project?
Any advice how to use this DriverForge45.script?
I mean what other scripts are needed and exactly what steps needed to load the driver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users