Photo

Newcomer's Tutorial - LiveXP with Optional BootSDI!

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#401 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

Yes, you figured it all out on your own :ph34r: , the ppApp.ini is always required though (even if blank), like a tag that tells ppAppsGenPE there's something to run in that folder. All you need from that SetupPageFile.cab is the one file, SetupPageFile.exe, everything else can be dumped.
Attached File  setpg.png   3.49KB   4 downloads

--
Good detective work on the audio driver, glad you got it all working ;) , btw, that's a lot of drivers to be loading; you don't need 'em all and you can make your own custom driver packs with just the stuff you need.

:cheers:

#402 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hi
Thanxs :ph34r:
I have discarded all those drivers now. Yup it takes a lot of time and doesnt achieve my goal.

I have a query about the ppApps, SetPageFile on dvdr.
So now i have been able to get SetPageFile to do its thing when it is lying in the ppApps folder which in turn is lying in the root of a partition or the root of a USB.

Now my main aim was to have this SetPageFile to automatically set the page file when i use livexp from a DVDR. Meaning this : say i do not have the ppApps folder with me, neither in the root of the computer partition (say bcos i m using my friend's computer), nor did i bring the USB with me.
So for this i wanted to put ONLY the SetPageFile folder in a ppApps folder, and put this ppApps folder in the root of the G4D dvdr. So that if i start my g4d DVDR and than from there i start LiveXP.iso, than LiveXP.iso will find the SetPageFile folder which is inside the ppApps folder which in turn is lying in the root of my G4D dvdr and accordingly the pagefile will be automatically set to 2046 mb by the code which u gave me yesterday. As i wrote in a previous post yesterday, if i put the ppApps folder in the root of the G4D DVDR, LiveXP at startup finds the ppApps folder in the root of the g4d DVDR and loads all the ppApps folders. I just want to put ONLY this one folder SetupPageFile inside the ppApps folder in the root of the g4d DVDRbcos of space constraint.

Now my question is this. When i do all this and i make a
G4D ISO= LiveXP.iso + ppApps folder(inside which is ONLY SetupPageFile folder)
Than inside the ISO, all the files and folders are in lowercase and so the ppAppsgen script recognises the ppApps folder and in turn the SetupPageFile is auto set.
When i burn this G4D ISO to a DVDR using Nero or using Imageburn, all the files/folders become Uppercase, after burning the ISO to the DVDR. And so the ppApps becomes PPAPPS, and as it becomes uppercase the SetupPageFile is not loaded by the ppAppsgen.script (as it does pickup the uppercase PPAPPS folder) and hence the page file is not set.

So what should i do in this situation. There are 2 options here:
1)How is it possible to burn the G4D iso to a DVDR so that the file/folders are in lowercase? or
2)Instead of following the above procedure (ppApps folder) how is it possible to modify the SetupPageFile script to automatically set the size to 2046mb.
Bcos i had b4 downloaded the SetupPageFile script, but couldnt find anywhere where i could make the modification to set it to 2046mb before making the LiveXp build , so that it would automatically set the pagefile to 2046mb when eventaully LiveXp loaded.

Main Goal: To set the pagefile automatically when livexp loads from a G4D dvdr without having to depend on any external partition or USB ppApps folder.

#403 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

Just to be clear, ppAppsGenPE is NOT case sensitive so this isn't the issue, as long as the 'SetPageFile' folder (setup as shown) is in a ppapps (not case sensitive) folder at the ROOT of any drive that LiveXP can 'see' when booted, it should run fine. You can have more than one ppapps folders at the root of different drives and they will all be detected. You can re-run ppAppsGenPE.exe if needed and it shouldn't cause any issue.

I can't find the latest version (v4) of Lancelot's script, in v1 he gives you shortcuts to manually run SetPageFile (from PE) with various options, first drive available, system drive and drive specific but all are set to 512MB max so if you need larger, extract the batch files, adjust accordingly and re-encode :cheers:

--
Add'l thoughts...

You can easily setup a ppapps folder, say with SetPageFile etc. built in to the LiveXP image (ISO) at the root X: of the PE. This way, without adding any appreciable size or delay, SetPageFile will run anytime LiveXP is booted regardless of whether additional ppApps (folders) available ;)

Let me know if you have questions.

#404 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

Hi amalux,

thanks for heads up, I guess v4 of script disappeared after Nuno's restore operation (where everything restored with the last available backup). When I go home (tonight or tomorrow) I will update the link. Meanwhile I am pretty sure v1 of script will suit fms.

ps: btw, heads up also here :cheers:

reading posts here I feel better to add an option to script to create pagefile at C: at startup , also providing optionality with settings.... need time.
Thanks again. ;)

edit:
I found a copy of v4 here :cheers: :)

#405 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hi Amalux
Yup , i managed to get this resolved too, and it happens to be the same solution you have provided here too, thankxs for the reply. :)

What i did b4 and was not working and what i did now and is working
(1) Before i had made this and it was not working:-
G4D DVDR={ LiveXP.iso + ppApps (in the root of G4D DVDR)}....inside this ppApps folder was the SetPageFile folder.

(2) Now i made this and it is working:-
G4D DVDR={ LiveXP.iso (inside LiveXP.iso root is the ppApps folder which in turn has the SetPagefile folder}

In the first case the ppApps folder is in the root of the G4D DVDR not inside the LiveXP.iso. And it doesnt work (LiveXP doesnt pick up the ppApps folder).
In the second case the ppApps folder is in the root of LiveXP.iso, ie inside the LiveXp.iso and it works well. As automatically it detects the SetPageFile setting and automatically sets it.

Yup i too had tried searching for the SetPageFile v4 scirpt before. And had also tried to extract and modify the cmd files inside the v1 scripts, but for some reason and not suceeded in loading the pagefile automatically. But now with the above second case scenario, it has worked out for me fine.

Thanxs both (Amalux & Lancelot) for going thru my queries. ;)

PS: Is it possible for me to use this same tutorial and lx78sp6cxw.exe to make a Win 7 PE. Or is it totally a different way altogether. Meaning if i use the Win 7 32bit folder like in xpsp2 will it work for me.
:ph34r:

#406 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

Glad you got the above working ;)

PS: Is it possible for me to use this same tutorial and lx78sp6cxw.exe to make a Win 7 PE. Or is it totally a different way altogether. Meaning if i use the Win 7 32bit folder like in xpsp2 will it work for me.

If I understand your question, you can't use lx78sp6cxw or any lx (=livexp) project to build a W7 PE. However, in that same tutorial is a very nice W7 PE project, W7PEX which supports ppApps just like LiveXP and new ppApps are usable in either W7PEX or LiveXP interchangeably (old ppApps can be updated as well). Read more about it in the tutorial and ask if you have any questions.

#407 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Hi Amalux
Thanxs for the links, ;) it was exactly what i was searching. Didnt know where to look for it.
With ur links u made it easy for me to go about it.
Are the new ppApps , the ones which u said before u wuld be updating. Are these the updated ones. Also was just wondering, since i have a collection of about 500 odd ppApps. Will the new ones be merged with the old ones, or do i have to manually compare the old ones which i have with the new ones which i m downloading as off now. Basically what i m asking is , (maybe a small hint into) what is the difference betwn the old ones which i had downloaded and these new ones. :ph34r:

#408 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:18 AM

You're welcome :ph34r:

First off, the script and anything in the LiveXP project remains unchanged, so no need to update the build itself. That's the good news...

As for the ppApps, the programs themselves have been updated where needed; if it's just a portable program with a ppApp.ini then ppAppsGenPE can handle the W7PEX shortcuts without further modification. Where setups.cmd, setups.reg, run.cmd etc. is required than additional modifications, registry entries etc. need to be added. No 'one solution fits all' but here's a template I use to get you started:
Set Icon=[full path to ico/exe/dll with index:n if needed] (uses default icon of target file if left blank)

Set Description=[full description of the program you want to appear as the shortcut comment]

if exist %SystemDrive%\i386 goto runXP

if exist %SystemDrive%\Users goto runW7

:runXP

Set Start=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Start Menu\Programs

Set Local=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Local Settings\Application Data

Set Quick=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Set Desktop=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Desktop

goto setup

:runW7

Set Start=%SystemDrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Set Local=%SystemDrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Local

Set Desktop=%SystemDrive%\Users\Default\Desktop

goto setup

:setup

md &#34;%Start%\<Folder>&#34;

xlink &#34;%Start%\<Folder>\<Shortcut>&#34; &#34;%CD%\<Target>&#34; &#34;&#34; &#34;%CD%&#34; &#34;%Description%&#34; &#34;&#34; &#34;%Icon%&#34;

xlink &#34;%Desktop%\<Shortcut>&#34; &#34;%CD%\<Target>&#34; &#34;&#34; &#34;%CD%&#34; &#34;%Description%&#34; &#34;&#34; &#34;%Icon%&#34;

md &#34;%Local%\<Program>&#34;

xcopy &#34;AppData\*.*&#34; &#34;%Local%\<Program>&#34; /i /y

If all you're using is 'pure' portables than you may not need to worry about the above mod's; trial and error is the rule here. As always, ask if you have questions ;)

#409 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

Hi amalux

instead of
"if exist %SystemDrive%\i386 goto runXP"
better
"if exist %Systemroot%\txtsetup.sif goto runXP"
(minint, amd64, windows ..)

instead of
%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User
(and also probably %SystemDrive%\Users\Default)
better
%userprofile%
(not have to be in systemdrive)

and I have a question,
I am working on setpagefile script and I noticed using a1 does somehow ignores minimum size
giving example:
SetPageFile C:\pepf.sys 32 1820
results with 32MB page file expandable up to 1820 (-->which is i prefer)

but
SetPageFile /a1 32 1820 /fpepf.sys
results with 1820 MB pagefile (also used /i and /m parameters, still same)

maybe I am missing something or maybe this is a bugy of setpagefile, any idea !?

#410 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:06 AM

The /a1 switch just uses the first available drive with enough space so no need for hard code; uses max if available. I think I had a problem with the expandable starting at minimum; the program I was testing (VirtualBox) wouldn't recognize the expandable part for some reason but I'd have to test this again to be sure. Thanks for the system checks and variables, I'll give 'em a try ;)

#411 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hi Amalux ;)
Thanks for the info about the format to be put in the setups.cmd, setups.reg, run.cmd etc. It was exactly what i was asking. It gives me a starting point of what to check.

I made the Win 7 Pex built successfully, using win 7 32bit and am as off now using it for this post. So the net works. A friend of mine was tryg to do it 2day with Win 7 (32 & 64 bit) iso/cd meaning after transferg to a folder etc... but as mentioned by another member in post 394, he too came across the Waik required error. So just to confirm, we have to have WAIK installed if we want to try the win7 pex using the Win 7 (32 & 64 bit) iso/cd.....rite?

Okay now for my main question.

First off, the script and anything in the LiveXP project remains unchanged, so no need to update the build itself

Meaning can i use all the scripts from the LiveXp.iso winbuilder lx78sp6cxw.exe into the win7 pex winbuilder to make my win7 pex?
I' ll be more specific. Say i have some scripts from the applications folder from livexp say like example paragon hdm 9.5 or picasa 3 script or everest ultimate script and i want to add these scripts to my win 7pex build which i m doing. Is it possible to use these scripts from the lx78sp6cxw.exe into the W7PEX128.exe

Also is it possible to use the DriverImportPE AE v67 into W7PEX128.exe for making the build of win7 pex. Please see screenshot
Posted Image

I was tryin to get the audio to work on the Win 7 pex like i did in livexp. But here i didnt find the DriverImportPE AE v67 . I found Driver Import like in the screenshot above. So when i used that "Driver Import" it gave me a message : "Found drivers,,,,,File not found."
What i did was i put the drivers folder in the root of the partition, but maybe that those drivers are not for my audio hardware. What i was wondering is how do i find and load the Host OS dirvers (the same way as we do for LiveXP.iso). meaning is there anything like that here too , where we can find the HOST OS drivers and than choose which ones we want to load.
Can i use the DriverImportPE AE v67 script when making the win 7 pex build. Will winbuilder put it inside the build or will it give some error.

Also is there a way by which we can put the ppApps folder in the root of the win7pex. iso in order to automatically set the page file (the same way as we did for livexp)

Also is it possible to change the wallpaper and bootscreen for win 7 pex.

I am sorry to ask so many questions.....hope i have not gone overboard with the questions..... :cheers:

#412 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hey fms ;)

You ask good questions, I'll try my best to answer...

I made the Win 7 Pex built successfully, using win 7 32bit and am as off now using it for this post. So the net works. A friend of mine was tryg to do it 2day with Win 7 (32 & 64 bit) iso/cd meaning after transferg to a folder etc... but as mentioned by another member in post 394, he too came across the Waik required error. So just to confirm, we have to have WAIK installed if we want to try the win7 pex using the Win 7 (32 & 64 bit) iso/cd.....rite?

You only need WAIK for x64 source and 64-bit is in the experimental (read as useless) stage with W7PEX, it'll build but with very limited functionality. Most programs will get 'The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present' etc. For x64 PE I suggest some of the other fine projects, recently developed by wimb, JFX etc. that have seen far greater success in this area. W7PEX is really just a 32-bit PE3 for ppAppsGenPE support. Future releases may address x64 but don't hold your breath :)

Okay now for my main question.
Meaning can i use all the scripts from the LiveXp.iso winbuilder lx78sp6cxw.exe into the win7 pex winbuilder to make my win7 pex?
I' ll be more specific. Say i have some scripts from the applications folder from livexp say like example paragon hdm 9.5 or picasa 3 script or everest ultimate script and i want to add these scripts to my win 7pex build which i m doing. Is it possible to use these scripts from the lx78sp6cxw.exe into the W7PEX128.exe

No, sorry, scripts are not interchangeable between LiveXP and W7PEX or even with other W7 projects. When I first began looking for a W7 project to adapt for ppAppsGen support, I assumed any (or some) of the many existing projects would do nicely. The one I found (with maanu's help) that was best suited for this purpose was a project developed by khauyeung in the Chinese forums which relies on pecmd.ini for shortcut creation and additional build configuration. This means that all the scripts I've included had to be made from scratch for this purpose and system variables were added to accommodate direct manipulation of pecmd.ini. The good news is that scripts are easy to convert or create and it would not be a big deal to convert the scripts you need. Remember that the whole point of ppApps (and portables in general) is to keep the builds lite and flexible without including every script, needed or not. As a general rule, if the program isn't absolutely essential to the build or basic functionality of the stand-alone PE, it's better to add it as a portable :cheers:

Also is it possible to use the DriverImportPE AE v67 into W7PEX128.exe for making the build of win7 pex.
--
I was tryin to get the audio to work on the Win 7 pex like i did in livexp. But here i didnt find the DriverImportPE AE v67 . I found Driver Import like in the screenshot above. So when i used that "Driver Import" it gave me a message : "Found drivers,,,,,File not found."
What i did was i put the drivers folder in the root of the partition, but maybe that those drivers are not for my audio hardware. What i was wondering is how do i find and load the Host OS dirvers (the same way as we do for LiveXP.iso). meaning is there anything like that here too , where we can find the HOST OS drivers and than choose which ones we want to load.
Can i use the DriverImportPE AE v67 script when making the win 7 pex build. Will winbuilder put it inside the build or will it give some error.

No, DriverImportPE (the program) doesn't work in W7, that's by design and I don't think there's any hope of that changing in the free version. The 'Driver Import' I've created for W7 uses the DrvLoad tool that comes with W7 and does have similar functionality, including Smart Driver Import, but only reads unpacked drivers for now:
Attached File  pen.png   34.29KB   27 downloads

DrvLoad works well for NIC drivers but audio requires additional research and is planned for future release... look at W7PEX as a work in progress :cheers:

Also is there a way by which we can put the ppApps folder in the root of the win7pex. iso in order to automatically set the page file (the same way as we did for livexp)

Yes, should be easy to do, I'll add this option and get you an updated script or instructions soon...

Also is it possible to change the wallpaper and bootscreen for win 7 pex.

The wallpaper is easy to change, just swap out the WINPE.bmp in "%baseDir%\Projects\Win7PE\Finalize\system32" folder before build with similar resolution bitmap image. By bootscreen, I guess you mean the fancy Windows logo at startup,, I'm sure there's a way, give me some time to look into it :)

#413 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Hi Amalux ;)
Thankxs for so patiently answering my queries.

Yes after writing the post, i tried some of the stuff to check it myself & clear my doubts, as it takes only 15-20 mins to make a build and discard it if any problem.

So wall paper query, i too saw the "%baseDir%\Projects\Win7PE\Finalize\system32" folder and converted the wallpaper to 1280x800 bmp and it worked fine, thanks for your reply. :cheers:

About the scripts, that too i tried, and saw that they are not compatible. But as u said , they are not important as the portable apps take care of that. And a lite PE is the best.

Next i experimented the DriverImportPE AE v67 and saw that it was only for livexp and not for win7pex. So than i extracted the driverimport.exe file and some other files alongwith it from the attachment of the DriverImportPE AE script and put it in a ppApps folder alongwith the SetpageFile folder. Basically made a ppApps folder in the root of the win 7pex.iso, so that it wuld be there in the PE when the win 7pex loads. So it was there. But as u said , the driver import PE gave an error saying it is only for XP build. So i realized that u cant use it in the win7 pex neither via script nor as a standalone *exe file.

The SetpageFile works alrite, as i managed to put it in the root of the iso and it appears in the start menu where i can manually set the pagefile. The automatic setting of it i have still not figured out. Is there a different code to be put in the setups.cmd in this case of win7pex so that it will load automatically.
To put the ppApps folder in the root of the iso i put it in two places, not sure which one of them is the rite one, but anyhow it gets to the root. I put it here
C:\W7PEX\Target\Win7PE
and here
C:\W7PEX\Custom\Win7PE
There is a customs folder created, so i dropped the ppApps there while the build was being done.
Also dropped it in the \Target\Win7PE folder while the build was being done. And it worked fine.
So the thing which i have to try and figure out is how to get the audio part to work. What happens is that no audio device itself is present, as if there is no audio card detected at all.
In the case of LiveXP, the audio card was detected, there was some conflict with the drivers not being installed which got solved.
But here in win7 pex the audio card itself i think is not being detected. Bcos i cannot find the audio in the DEVICE MANAGER
Posted Image
The rest all is fine with the build....

#414 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:27 AM

For the ppApps at root, you'll have to add something like
DirMake,&#34;%TargetDir%\ppApps&#34;

DirCopy,&#34;%GlobalTemplates%\ppApps\*.*&#34;,&#34;%TargetDir%\ppApps\&#34;
in the script and put your ppApps/SetPageFile in %baseDir%\Workbench\Common.

I'll add this option to ppAppsGen script and release soon.

--
In the Main Configuration script, there's an option to run device loader at startup.
Attached File  maincfg.png   21.93KB   28 downloads

Try a build with this option selected and tell me if your audio device is recognized. You'll see it run in the system tray at startup and your mouse cursor might disappear briefly but don't worry, it'll come back :cheers:
Attached File  devldr.png   36.63KB   25 downloads

I don't expect this will give you working audio but if your hardware is recognized there's more we can try...

;)

#415 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hi amalux & fms,

Also check ChrisR script package here at post 102 , inside ChrisR_Change2.7z , z-Additional_Files.script as a general tool to be used for adding files to build (pe2/3 projects)....... ;)

#416 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

Hi Amalux & Lancelot
@Amalux
I will give a try and get back as soon as i can......thnxs for the tip on the loader. i had seen that in some win 7 PE but didnt know how it had been done. Will try it now to see.

Also thanks for the heads up on wimb project, i just tried it and was able to get the audio and internet working there. But will still try ur above tip on W7PEX128.exe and c if that works too.

@Lancelot
Will have a look at the s ChrisR script package ;)

#417 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to have Internet Explorer working on W7PEX? I tried with the script from this post #4 but IE doesn't run!

Tanks.

#418 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

Hi Amalux
I gave a try with the option to run device loader at startup. It does the processing but the audio does not come. Anyhow it was worth a try....incase it worked. ;)

#419 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to have Internet Explorer working on W7PEX? I tried with the script from this post #4 but IE doesn't run!

Tanks.

Unlikely, I prefer Opera or FireFox and they both work fine in W7PEX; IE would need to be built in and add unwanted bulk ;)

#420 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

For the ppApps at root, you'll have to add something like

DirMake,&#34;%TargetDir%\ppApps&#34;

DirCopy,&#34;%GlobalTemplates%\ppApps\*.*&#34;,&#34;%TargetDir%\ppApps\&#34;
in the script and put your ppApps/SetPageFile in %baseDir%\Workbench\Common.

I'll add this option to ppAppsGen script and release soon.

--
In the Main Configuration script, there's an option to run device loader at startup.
Attached File  maincfg.png   21.93KB   28 downloads

Try a build with this option selected and tell me if your audio device is recognized. You'll see it run in the system tray at startup and your mouse cursor might disappear briefly but don't worry, it'll come back ;)
Attached File  devldr.png   36.63KB   25 downloads

I don't expect this will give you working audio but if your hardware is recognized there's more we can try...

:w00t:

Amalux ,

i hope u'r fine and in ur good health .

kindly confirm , are u using the combination of the win7 build package i sent u ages ago , involving PECMD ? because this screen shoot installing device drivers reminding me of my pe in Hybrid kit :cheers:

oh and on a side note , if u r using that same package , then it wont add any graphics or sound drivers / i tried it already :cheers:

#421 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

Amalux ,

i hope u'r fine and in ur good health .

kindly confirm , are u using the combination of the win7 build package i sent u ages ago , involving PECMD ? because this screen shoot installing device drivers reminding me of my pe in Hybrid kit :D

oh and on a side note , if u r using that same package , then it wont add any graphics or sound drivers / i tried it already :)

Hey maanu, hello my friend :)

Yup, still happy and healthy, thank God. Hope all is well with you also :)

The base for W7PEX, Win7peBuilderSE4WuYou_AMALUX, was downloaded from a long dead link you sent me. I guess it uses the same loader as your Hybrid kit PE.

I'm curious if you ever got audio working in your W7 PE; video works fine for me using VLC but it doesn't require special drivers. I can get my audio card (Creative Audigy) recognized in device manager but still no sound. I'm looking at how wimb setup his 'fix' for useful clues but there seems to be something missing in the build. I don't really care about audio but it's always fun to see what's possible :)

Are you an expert on x64 yet? If so I have some questions for you :)

#422 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hey maanu, hello my friend :D

Yup, still happy and healthy, thank God. Hope all is well with you also :)

The base for W7PEX, Win7peBuilderSE4WuYou_AMALUX, was downloaded from a long dead link you sent me. I guess it uses the same loader as your Hybrid kit PE.

I'm curious if you ever got audio working in your W7 PE; video works fine for me using VLC but it doesn't require special drivers. I can get my audio card (Creative Audigy) recognized in device manager but still no sound. I'm looking at how wimb setup his 'fix' for useful clues but there seems to be something missing in the build. I don't really care about audio but it's always fun to see what's possible :)

Are you an expert on x64 yet? If so I have some questions for you :)

hello .

as i said earlier , i was failed to get audio working in my pe . although the driver was showing in device manager . i think we should ask WIMB , about further settings .
im not even an expert on x86 ,let alone x64 also :) , and by the way , i still use 10 years old system , i dont have 64bit system as of now . may be some day i ll purchase one. oh well.. :)

#423 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hi Amalux
I was wondering, as i have been trying to make a build of Win 7 pex 64 bit. I tried using the same package which u gave me the link for W7PEX128.exe.
I used the Win xp 32 host OS and than tried it from Win 7 64 bit host OS. Both the times, the build goes fine, without any error or warning. Just the default settings. Only incase of Win 7 64 bit host OS i pointed to the WAIK folder in the "Pre Config script".
My source is a Win 7 32 + 64 bit iso which i extracted to a folder. Now everything goes fine with the build, no error and no warnings.
But when i try to load either as an iso from VMWare or if i transfer to usb and boot in live pc envirnmt from USB using G4D menu.lst, i get a BSOD (a blue screen with some error saying that "initialization failed".
Is this something which is happening to others, or something wrong with my build

PS:- as u know i had already tried the Win 7 32 bit PEx and it had worked fine, other than not having audio. So i am using that without audio. But have had no success with win 7 64 bit PEx either from WinXP host OS or from Win 7 64 bit host OS. :D

#424 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:57 PM

W7PEX is a long way from fully supporting x64, experimental at best. I haven't seen a bsod as you describe (try disabling all addon scripts) but I know that pecmd.ini fails to create shortcuts and many programs simply fail with 'wrong image type' or similar (including ppAppsGenPE :D ) even when using 64 bit versions of the programs, so something important is missing. My problem now is finding time to investigate these issues, further development is pretty much on hold until job and family allow but feel free to see to see what you can do with it. It's a nice project, mostly developed by others, most recently by khauyeung at wuyou forum: http://translate.goo..._8vLrH7uF8kPz8A

I just play with it in my spare time (not much these days) :D

#425 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

Hi Amalux :D
Thanxs for the info...i thought that something was wrong with my build or maybe the source win 7 32 & 64 bit ISO of mine was having some issue. But now i know it is a general issue.....so its okay.... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users