Photo

Newcomer's Tutorial - LiveXP with Optional BootSDI!

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#1 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

**************Service Note*************

To get feedback (Bug reports, troubleshooting) for the Amalux's packages, Post current topic.

Amalux's super tutorial topic is here

Thank you's and suggestions thread for Amalux's tutorial and packages, topic is here

Lancelot

**************Service Note*************

Hmm, this has got me stumped at the first hurdle. I keep getting a Verify error but it doesn't give me enough information to work out what is failing.

The WBVerify.log shows:

Generated by psc program 'WBVerify' version 2.0.0
Date: 2008-Mar-10 22:15:30

[Counts]
Missing=0
Obsolete=0
Errors=1
Warnings=0

Errors:
"This project needs XP or W2003 as source"
---------------------------------------------------
I've definately got the I386 folder from an XP Pro SP2 disc on my HD (in I:\XPPSP2\) and in Winbuilder, the Source Directory is set to I:\XPPSP2\. Winbuilder.exe and all the subdirs are in I:\WinBuilder074. BootSDI files are in a subdir under WinBuilder.

I double-checked the tutorial and noticed that it says to put WinBuilder on the active drive, so I moved it to C: and tried again but got the same error (does it actually matter which drive WinBuilder is on?).

UPDATE: I've just looked through the log again and noticed that it appears to check in the %SourceDir% for a WIN51 file to determine which OS is being used. Of course, that file wasn't there because I'd only copied the I386 folder to that directory. Once I copied the WIN51 files from the root of my CD to the %SourceDir% everything seems to work. I can't see anything in the tutorial about copying these files, so perhaps it's been overlooked.

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

Hmm, this has got me stumped at the first hurdle. I keep getting a Verify error but it doesn't give me enough information to work out what is failing.

The WBVerify.log shows:

Generated by psc program 'WBVerify' version 2.0.0
Date: 2008-Mar-10 22:15:30

[Counts]
Missing=0
Obsolete=0
Errors=1
Warnings=0

Errors:
"This project needs XP or W2003 as source"
---------------------------------------------------
I've definately got the I386 folder from an XP Pro SP2 disc on my HD (in I:\XPPSP2\) and in Winbuilder, the Source Directory is set to I:\XPPSP2\. Winbuilder.exe and all the subdirs are in I:\WinBuilder074. BootSDI files are in a subdir under WinBuilder.

I double-checked the tutorial and noticed that it says to put WinBuilder on the active drive, so I moved it to C: and tried again but got the same error (does it actually matter which drive WinBuilder is on?).

UPDATE: I've just looked through the log again and noticed that it appears to check in the %SourceDir% for a WIN51 file to determine which OS is being used. Of course, that file wasn't there because I'd only copied the I386 folder to that directory. Once I copied the WIN51 files from the root of my CD to the %SourceDir% everything seems to work. I can't see anything in the tutorial about copying these files, so perhaps it's been overlooked.

Hi doveman and welcome! My first 'guinea pig', nice! Hey, you're doing better than I am right now :) I'm having some issues with recent changes to livexp server downloads and trying to work out the bugs here, feel free to drop by and watch. Well, it sounds like I have overlooked something there; I have no idea why the Verify' script is checking for that file (doesn't on my machines) but I will edit the guide as soon as I get a chance to reflect this, thank you. See, you taught the tutorial writer something, I can tell you'll be writing your own guides soon :(

So, other than that did all come out OK? Any questions or other tips? Thanks buddy, glad to have you aboard! :cheers:

#3 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hi Amalux :) ,

Well first of all can I also extend a warm welcome to doveman and whats this I see a "newbie" 1st post & a fellow countryman, your Tutorial has attracted interest already Vote "The Newbies are coming...." also skip over to the voting section & see what one newbie has said, he's even got the audacity to quote you LOL!

Can I Please say it, with a smug look on my face & a wink in my eye & most of all absolutely NO hard feelings, I told you so, I couldn't have engineered this scenario better myself LOL!

Doveman, you have made my day & endorsed a concept in my own mind.

No hard feelings Amalux, lets shake on it, you are excellant!

Regards, Respect & Best Wishes,

ispy :( they are coming LOL!

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:20 AM

Well first of all can I also extend a warm welcome to doveman and whats this I see a "newbie" 1st post & a fellow countryman, your Tutorial has attracted interest already Vote "The Newbies are coming...." also skip over to the voting section & see what one newbie has said, he's even got the audacity to quote you LOL!

Can I Please say it, with a smug look on my face & a wink in my eye & most of all absolutely NO hard feelings, I told you so, I couldn't have engineered this scenario better myself LOL!

ispy :cheers: they are coming LOL!

Thanks buddy, no hard feelings of course and you are right, they are coming... and we're not ready for them! :( I've got a pretty devastating issue right now, playing out here and the current situation is that I can no longer successfully build the project as described in the tutorial! This problem arose yesterday (late) due to changes made beyond my control to the scripts that download from the livexp server. I have some ideas how this might be corrected but have to confer with those 'in the know' about such things before taking any further steps to avoid this type of problem in the future (or fix it now). Until then I'm going to post a big warning about this at the beginning of the tutorial that will probably scare a lot of potential users away but so be it, it would be irresponsible of me to not warn them up front. Anyway, I'm sure this will be worked out for the best in short order but wanted you to know what was happening and why. :cheers:

#5 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

Hi doveman and welcome! My first 'guinea pig', nice! Hey, you're doing better than I am right now :) I'm having some issues with recent changes to livexp server downloads and trying to work out the bugs here, feel free to drop by and watch. Well, it sounds like I have overlooked something there; I have no idea why the Verify' script is checking for that file (doesn't on my machines) but I will edit the guide as soon as I get a chance to reflect this, thank you. See, you taught the tutorial writer something, I can tell you'll be writing your own guides soon :cheers:

So, other than that did all come out OK? Any questions or other tips? Thanks buddy, glad to have you aboard! :(

Hi amalux. Thanks for the warm welcome :cheers:

It makes a nice change to have been useful. Usually I've just missed something obvious that only becomes obvious the second I press Reply :)

I've written a few guides but only for my brother who doesn't live locally, so I can't go round and sort things out for him (although I do resort to VNC'ing in to his PC from time to time!). He gets easily confused so it's good practice :cheers:

In fact, the main reason I'm interested in booting Windows from CD is to make a bootable Windows CD (98 or XP) that will load into RAM and give him a clean enviroment for CD/DVD burning, rather than him having to shutdown loads of stuff manually each time. I got 98 loading from HD into RAM a while ago but there was a sticking point with loading it from CD with El Torito requiring 32-bit disc access to be disable, which rather slows things down.

I haven't quite got your project working yet.

One problem I had was a missing bootfix.bin, which wasn't in my source I386 folder for some reason. I've played around XP a bit, creating an unattended setup disc so I must have deleted it at some point but I got a copy from my original XP CD now.

I just got a zCopy error "Recommended RamDisk size 81MB" which seems to be from the BootSDI script. Followed by another one but it says 82MB this time! They don't seem to have been critical though, as the ISO has been created. I disabled the Run ISO in qEmu option just to simplify things, so maybe that had something to do it or perhaps it's because I've got the XP NTDETECT.COM in the BootSDI folder, rather than the SP2003 SP1 version (because I deleted it after reading psc's post but then got an error about missing BootSDI files and I figured if it works with the XP one it was easier to put a copy of that there than extract the SP2003 one again. Thinking about it though, that error might have been because I hadn't updated the path to the BootSDI files in Winbuilder :cheers: )

Looking at the log (attached) there's a few registry hive write errors related to ControlSet001 (setupreg.hiv). Should I be concerned about these? They look mostly network or USB/HID related and the former could be because I unticked Network under drivers as I didn't think I'd need any network functionality. Was that a bad thing to do? :cheers:

One thing I'm uncertain about is what I need to do if I want to rebuild. Do I need to delete anything or will it all be overwritten automatically. It's just that I've noticed that setupreg.hiv and setupreg.hiv.LOG remain locked and undeletable after Winbuilder's finished, so I'm wondering if this would cause problems when rebuilding. Would rebooting (which unlocks those files) be sufficient, or should I still be manually deleting stuff before starting again?

Anyway, glad to be aboard. :cheers: Thanks for all your work getting us this far.

#6 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

ispy :( they are coming LOL!

Hi ispy. Thanks to you also for the warm welcome. :cheers:

Glad to have made your day. I normally discuss payment before endorsing anything but as I'm new here I'll make an exception and as it's only in your mind, I guess it doesn't really count anyway :cheers: Just don't keep that smug look too long. The winds are a blowing around these ways a lot at the moment and you know what they say happens when it changes :cheers:

I'm staying clear of the newbies forum debate for now. I'm sure you oldies know what you're doing :cheers: :cheers:

Now, I really must get some sleep before I break something. I'll probably still break it tomorrow but I'll be better able to deal with it when I'm not knackered :cheers:

#7 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:51 AM

Hi amalux. Thanks for the warm welcome :cheers:

It makes a nice change to have been useful. Usually I've just missed something obvious that only becomes obvious the second I press Reply :)

I've written a few guides but only for my brother who doesn't live locally, so I can't go round and sort things out for him (although I do resort to VNC'ing in to his PC from time to time!). He gets easily confused so it's good practice :cheers:

In fact, the main reason I'm interested in booting Windows from CD is to make a bootable Windows CD (98 or XP) that will load into RAM and give him a clean enviroment for CD/DVD burning, rather than him having to shutdown loads of stuff manually each time. I got 98 loading from HD into RAM a while ago but there was a sticking point with loading it from CD with El Torito requiring 32-bit disc access to be disable, which rather slows things down.

I haven't quite got your project working yet.

One problem I had was a missing bootfix.bin, which wasn't in my source I386 folder for some reason. I've played around XP a bit, creating an unattended setup disc so I must have deleted it at some point but I got a copy from my original XP CD now.

I just got a zCopy error "Recommended RamDisk size 81MB" which seems to be from the BootSDI script. Followed by another one but it says 82MB this time! They don't seem to have been critical though, as the ISO has been created. I disabled the Run ISO in qEmu option just to simplify things, so maybe that had something to do it or perhaps it's because I've got the XP NTDETECT.COM in the BootSDI folder, rather than the SP2003 SP1 version (because I deleted it after reading psc's post but then got an error about missing BootSDI files and I figured if it works with the XP one it was easier to put a copy of that there than extract the SP2003 one again. Thinking about it though, that error might have been because I hadn't updated the path to the BootSDI files in Winbuilder :( )

Looking at the log (attached) there's a few registry hive write errors related to ControlSet001 (setupreg.hiv). Should I be concerned about these? They look mostly network or USB/HID related and the former could be because I unticked Network under drivers as I didn't think I'd need any network functionality. Was that a bad thing to do? :)

One thing I'm uncertain about is what I need to do if I want to rebuild. Do I need to delete anything or will it all be overwritten automatically. It's just that I've noticed that setupreg.hiv and setupreg.hiv.LOG remain locked and undeletable after Winbuilder's finished, so I'm wondering if this would cause problems when rebuilding. Would rebooting (which unlocks those files) be sufficient, or should I still be manually deleting stuff before starting again?

Anyway, glad to be aboard. :cheers: Thanks for all your work getting us this far.

Hi doveman,

Yes, you've got a few errors there :cheers: Nothing we can't work through but at this point I'm putting a hold on the whole tutorial/project until I can figure out what's going on; unfortunately, you were one of the few (I hope) that got stung by this bug and a lot of the errors you have encountered are related to this issue, including the 'Recommended RamDisk size... ' nonsense. This should never happen as the script options are set up to add 24MB above and beyond the size of your build image! Unless you're PC has less than 128MB RAM installed, this warning should never occur. I have been dealing with this 'crisis' all day (and all last night as well) see here, here and here to keep up with the latest attempts at fixing and avoiding future occurrences of this type of issue. In the meantime, be patient; these things always work out and we'll learn from it together like we always do here. I can tell you I've built many hundreds of boot disks like this one and many more advanced and there just isn't any better feeling than getting it setup and working with all the bells and whistles just the way you like it! I use my boot disks for everything from rescue, restore and new installs (so easy) to loading universal images on remote machines, the possibilities are endless and I just need to figure out how to translate that knowledge into a workable platform where others can benefit from tried and true procedures. The problem here is that I don't control what you are downloading from the livexp server and if changes are made that cause issues like this, it's very difficult to even determine what was done let alone how to fix it :cheers:

Don't worry about all the little things with your build right now, I assure you you're not going to get a workable build until this issue is resolved; I can't! If all else fails and there's no resolution for this current situation, I'll try to set up a different approach where we go back to what I know works (earlier, more stable versions of WB and BootSDI) but this is only partially up to me and I need to confer with the good folks here first. Give it some time, the best thing to do is restore your drive back to before running WB (you did back up your drive as instructed, right?) It appears that this problem leaves some type of hard coded driver footprint that doesn't let go even after re-booting. Sorry, that's the way it is with computers sometimes... I'm off to restore my own drive and start testing more possible fix options; wish me luck and I'll let you know as soon as it's all worked out. :cheers:

#8 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:41 AM

Hi all :( ,

Thanks Amalux/doveman for your replies! Quite right, the smug look was only for a second or so & has been replaced with a sadened expression with the recent news on this topic. If there is anything I can do to help or provide assistance in some small way, just shout.

I hope you manage to resolve any shortcomings quickly so that you can remove the Header warning to your tutorial.

(Amalux) "Chin up Matey" :) ,

ispy

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

Looking at the log (attached) there's a few registry hive write errors related to ControlSet001 (setupreg.hiv). Should I be concerned about these? They look mostly network or USB/HID related and the former could be because I unticked Network under drivers as I didn't think I'd need any network functionality. Was that a bad thing to do? :)

What is very strange for me that your errors are exactly the same Amalux posted some time ago.

Here my response.

When the "Other Tweaks" script is executing, the setupreg.hiv seems to be locked.
We have to find out whether it is grounded in the 'history' before "Other Tweaks"

And here we are:
In 'Explorer shell tweaks and settings.script' there are the lines:
RegHiveLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv,%TargetDir%\i386\System32\setupreg.hiv

Echo,"I don't know this.."

RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,"Tmp_setupreg_hiv\ControlSet001\Control\Lsa","forceguest","1"

RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv

RegHiveLoad,Tmp_default,%TargetDir%\i386\System32\Config\default

Echo,"Show desktop icons.."

RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,"Tmp_default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced","HideIcons","0"

Echo,"Start menu and taskbar options.."
Looks ok. The Tmp_setupreg_hiv is opened and closed regularly.
But now let's have a look into the log:
[Success]  RegHiveLoad - File: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\i386\System32\setupreg.hiv] Section [Tmp_setupreg_hiv]

[Success]  RegHiveLoad - File: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\i386\System32\Config\default] Section [Tmp_default]

[Info]  Show desktop icons..

[Success]  RegWrite - root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x4] Section [Tmp_default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] key [HideIcons=0..]

[Info]  Start menu and taskbar options..
As to be seen: Three lines including closing the hive, are not logged. I'm sure that they also are not executed.

Peter

#10 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

I didn't touch nothing! :)

That was bad timing. I hope the newbie-haters don't use it as an excuse to banish us to the sandpit (only kidding. I'm sure there's no haters on here).

My condolences amalux on your present difficulties. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have something beyond your control 'break' your project. I'm sure it will be back on track soon enough. Do let me know if there's anything I can do to help with testing stuff out.

I've got 1.5GB RAM so yeah, that's not the problem with the RAMdisk error.

Looking on the bright side of things, this gives me a chance to get on with the decorating :(

#11 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

What is very strange for me that your errors are exactly the same Amalux posted some time ago.

Here my response.

When the "Other Tweaks" script is executing, the setupreg.hiv seems to be locked.
We have to find out whether it is grounded in the 'history' before "Other Tweaks"

Probably rather obvious, but I just thought to check the registry and saw that Tmp_setupreg_hiv remains loaded into HKLM even after Winbuilder is closed. Unloading it allows me to delete those two files I previously couldn't without rebooting.

Are there likely to be any complications if Winbuilder is run whilst this hive is still locked and loaded?

#12 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

Probably rather obvious, but I just thought to check the registry and saw that Tmp_setupreg_hiv remains loaded into HKLM even after Winbuilder is closed. Unloading it allows me to delete those two files I previously couldn't without rebooting.

Are there likely to be any complications if Winbuilder is run whilst this hive is still locked and loaded?

Take this as rule:

Whenever there is an error in one script, there is no absolute guarantee that the following scripts bring the desired results, even if they are executed error free.

BTW: have again a look into my post. I edited after you have seen it.

Peter

#13 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

[quote name='psc' post='31053' date='Mar 11 2008, 12:33 PM']What is very strange for me that your errors are exactly the same Amalux posted some time ago.

Here my response.

And here we are:
In 'Explorer shell tweaks and settings.script' there are the lines:

As you can see, the RegHiveUnload command is commented out. Though if it's not executing when uncommented anyway, I'm not sure it matters.

Damn, I seem to have managed to take boot-land.net offline as well now :)

#14 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

Looking at the copy of that script I have, I can see it's slightly different:

CODERegHiveLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv,%TargetDir%\i386\System32\setupreg.hiv
//Adding the following results in the inability to share drives
//RegHiveLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv,%TargetDir%\i386\System32\setupreg.hiv
//Echo,"I don't know this.."
//RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,"Tmp_setupreg_hiv\ControlSet001\Control\Lsa","forceguest","1"
//RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv
RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,"Tmp_default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced","HideIcons","0"
Echo,"Start menu and taskbar options.."

As you can see, the RegHiveUnload command is commented out. Though if it's not executing when uncommented anyway, I'm not sure it matters.

Thanks, Doveman!

:cheers: :cheers: G R E A T :cheers: :(

Who changed this ? :cheers:

I remember a topic or some posts with 'shared Drives' :cheers:

@Galapo: I think you know what to do. At least comment the Load, too.

Peter

#15 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your PMs. I'll fix this immediately!

Thanks,
Galapo.

#16 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:08 AM

Looking at the copy of that script I have, I can see it's slightly different:

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>RegHiveLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv,%TargetDir%\i386\System32\setupreg.hiv
//Adding the following results in the inability to share drives
//RegHiveLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv,%TargetDir%\i386\System32\setupreg.hiv
//Echo,"I don't know this.."
//RegWrite,HKLM,0x4,"Tmp_setupreg_hiv\ControlSet001\Control\Lsa","forceguest","1"
//RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_setupreg_hiv
Echo,"Start menu and taskbar options.."</div>

Wow doveman, this is awesome detective work here! You better be careful or your gonna find yourself kicked out of the newbie section before it's even setup! :cheers: Good work :(

Don't worry about the server, it was messed up long before you got here :cheers:

#17 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

The explanation for how this occurred is here: http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=31114

#18 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:00 AM

The explanation for how this occurred is here: http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=31114

Yup, makes sense, easy to overlook that stuff. Thanks 'G' :)

#19 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:04 AM

Wow doveman, this is awesome detective work here! You better be careful or your gonna find yourself kicked out of the newbie section before it's even setup! :) Good work :cheers:

Don't worry about the server, it was messed up long before you got here :(

Aw, shucks. I'm just glad I was able to help out with this minor hiccup so you can get on with doing the complicated stuff :cheers:

I think I can handle being banned from the newbie section :cheers:

#20 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hi all :) ,

Yes doveman is far to clever for the starters section! (I'm trying not to say/type "Newbie" as it is derogatory term, darn it I've gone & done it again - thats another pound for the swear-box LOL!)

Observation: doveman is what we would call a ringer in UK, all the appearances of a "N" by title, but in fact very advanced!

Good on ya matey, wish I was like you!

Regards,

ispy

#21 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

Should I explicitely explain a well known commercial rule:
  • Who works, makes mistakes
  • Who works a much, makes much mistakes
  • Who never makes mistakes, becomes the boss
Peter :)

#22 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

Should I explicitely explain a well known commercial rule:

• Who works, makes mistakes
  • Who works a much, makes much mistakes
  • Who never makes mistakes, becomes the boss
Peter :)

:(

#23 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

Please have a look here.

Peter

#24 tiwarirr

tiwarirr
  • Deactivated
  • 3 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:49 AM

Dear amalux

thanks for great tutorial, i tried it on my system (P3, 256 MB, Winxp) but got an error in emulation qemu (error code 16 could not open SDI files) and image does not boot. Any fix .....?

Regards

#25 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

Dear amalux

thanks for great tutorial, i tried it on my system (P3, 256 MB, Winxp) but got an error in emulation qemu (error code 16 could not open SDI files) and image does not boot. Any fix .....?

Regards

Hi tiwarirr!

Welcome in our community!

I'm not Amalux, but maybe I can help you, too.

But I'm not a magician, so I need some more information.

First: Did you download one of Amalux's 'ready for use' packages? If yes, which one?
Or did you use WinBuilder download to get the project?

Second: Did you change anything in the project? I could assume that you changed the qEmu memory size( originally 384 mb) to fit into your available memory of 256 MB?

Third: Did you download and point to the W2003 files needed for this project?

Fourth: Has your log been 'error-free' ?

BTW: Would be good to append a log of the build to the post.

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users