#1 micod2000

micod2000
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hi all,

I try to compile a VistaPE v11 project using winbuilder v0.74 on a xp sp3 OS in order to incorporate mustang acronis plugins for DD10 and TIH11. I made the two modifications to the build script in order to proper install mustang plugins. Everything else is set to default. I test the iso in virtualbox and each time i have the boot screen and then a blank screen and the mouse cursor ... and nothing else happens.

Does anyone have an idea for helping me out,

Thanks.

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

Bonjour micod2000,

Please post the log.html and also specify which Vista source have you used to build the boot disk.

Also, we're moving forward to vistape 12 so you might also consider upgrading to the newer version since a lot of bugs have been corrected that were reported on version 11.

I don't know mustang's code but you might as well be interested in contacting him about this matter to see if his scripts are compatible with the newer vistape versions that are based on generic app script code.

:cheers:

#3 mustang

mustang

• Advanced user
  • 34 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

I would guess you don't have enough ram devoted to the VM. Try unchecking the Run from ram box option in my scripts. These Acronis apps are very big.

To answer Bruno's question, my scripts are not compatible with version 12. In version 11 we had the option to assign drive letter Y to programs run from the CD. I don't see this in version 12. At this popint I don't know how to code registry entries that refer to the CD drive. Even if I knew what variable to use, there would be problems. Some of the features in True Image will not work unless the drive letter is hard coded. Therefore, I hard code all my entries to avoid problems. True Image is not the only app that will not respond to environment variables, there are others as well.

#4 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

At this point I don't know how to code registry entries that refer to the CD drive.

Hive_Load,HKUReg_Add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\expandfile\shell\uniextract\command","","X:\Program Files\Universal Extractor\uniextract.exe #$q%1#$q"Hive_Unload,HKURegAddBoot,"HKLM",0x1,"SOFTWARE\Classes\expandfile\shell\uniextract\command","","%PE_Programs%\Universal Extractor\uniextract.exe #$q%1#$q"
The first three lines write a value in the registry for non-VistaPE projects, the fourth overrides it at boot time with whatever the real drive letter and directory the program is in (but this line is ignored by non-VistaPE projects) ... provided you have set the standard variables. And a "RunFromRAM,%pCheckBox1%" early in the script is a good idea.

Even if I knew what variable to use, there would be problems. Some of the features in True Image will not work unless the drive letter is hard coded. Therefore, I hard code all my entries to avoid problems.

Entries such as the above include a hardcoded drive letter.

#5 mustang

mustang

• Advanced user
  • 34 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:01 PM

Thanks Jon. You're always very helpful.

#6 micod2000

micod2000
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

Hi everybody,

Please post the log.html and also specify which Vista source have you used to build the boot disk.

I did not kept the log file but i will post it later and there were no errors in it as i remember. The vista source is the 32 bit ultimate edition.

The only workaround i found is to change the build mode from RAM mode to CD/DVD mode -> i have a shell and acronis apps are installed but not fully
functional and sometimes they hang with a C++ runtime error. Acronis shortcuts on the desktop are present twice each.

For me VistaPE v11 in RAM mode = no shell even when i put the files on my usb stick and boot directly from it ! Same problem than with the virtual test ...

I tried VistaPE v12 and in RAM mode i can have a shell and eveything is working properly but my interest in it is limited because i cannot use mustang plugins.

So does anyone has an idea on what's wrong ?

To conclude i'd like to congratulate the community of boot land projects that i am discovering at this time and also mustang for his great plugins (so far i fully tested the BartPE ones and they work like a charm :cheers:)

#7 micod2000

micod2000
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

I reproduced the issue and you'll find the log file attached to this post,

Regards,

micod2000

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.htm   1.94MB   536 downloads

#8 micod2000

micod2000
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

YAHOO !!! I have really good news ...

To answer Bruno's question, my scripts are not compatible with version 12. In version 11 we had the option to assign drive letter Y to programs run from the CD. I don't see this in version 12. At this popint I don't know how to code registry entries that refer to the CD drive. Even if I knew what variable to use, there would be problems. Some of the features in True Image will not work unless the drive letter is hard coded. Therefore, I hard code all my entries to avoid problems. True Image is not the only app that will not respond to environment variables, there are others as well.

I have compiled the VistaPE v12 beta 3 project released today using winbuilder 075 beta 4 with both acronis mustang plugins (loaded in boot.wim parameter box was checked for both plugins) AND WOW each module of both programs are working great !!! :cheers:

Before that i tried with VistaPE v12 beta 2 but nothing was working at all with a lot of errors in the log file ...

Here you can find a screenshot of the compiled project running from an usb stick : each acronis software is in his latest build !!! -> 2173 for DDS10
and 8107 for TIH11.

Still it remains errors in the log file of the working compilation that i am unable to interpretate -> log file posted below.

I am curious to know what happened between beta 2 and beta 3 but the important thing is that it is working.

I have a further question : when i set explorer as the default shell and install also cubicexplorer (not set as default shell) then cubicexplorer is loaded as the default shell during startup, any idea ?

Attached Files

#9 mustang

mustang

• Advanced user
  • 34 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

AND WOW each module of both programs are working great !!!

How could they? The errors in your log say they can't. Have you tried running tasks such as backup and image validation?

I tried TI with WinBuilder 075 beta 4 and VistaPE 012 beta 3. After boot, I manually started the services and ran the exe files that are not getting run do to the errors in the log. After that was done, everything worked except image mounting. Image mounting works under VistaPE 011. Something has gone wrong under 012 with my build that has stopped image mounting from working. Have you tried image mounting? Did it work for you? If it does, what are you using for a source for your build?

#10 micod2000

micod2000
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

How could they? The errors in your log say they can't. Have you tried running tasks such as backup and image validation?

Hi mustang,

I compiled this morning a basic VistaPE v12 beta 3 project with your plugins enabled for booting from ram and only recommended scripts set to default for each one from a scratch winbuilder install (i downloaded only the recommended scripts). This compilation gave me a clean log file without any errors but i did not kept it and the iso was about 350MB.

After that i tried some settings (adding scripts, try some other build options, etc ...) and since at each time i compile, i have the log file i posted -> 9 errors and it is very capricious to have a build that works properly for exactly the same settings in the scripts : sometimes my first build for a set of winbuilder parameters will give me a bsod in the vm or c++ runtime errors for acronis products (this one comes more often when the check box "run from ram" is unchecked) and after a few tries i get a working compilation in appearance -> acronis products are lauching in the vm.

I have a build that seems to work for your plugins (i precise that i did not modified them) -> i will perform testing using acronis products on this VistaPE compilation and i get back to you :cheers:

I begin to think if it was not compiling a VistaPE v11 project this morning that gave me a clean log file ... it's driving me mad :cheers:

In fact i don't think so because i never successfully compiled a VistaPE v11 project with your plugins enabled that works properly, neither for ram build mode, nor for cd/dvd build mode ...

I'm going to test my current build,

Ciao.

#11 micod2000

micod2000
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hi,

I made a .bat file which contains the lines which are causing problem during compilation.

I put this batch file in the VistaPE custom folder in order to put it to the root of the CD and then i made a basic script to launch this file at startup :

[main]

Title=Acronis

Description=Lancement services Acronis

Selected=True

Level=5

Version=1

Date=21/07/2008

Author=micod2000

[process]

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Startup,#$pCDDrive#$p\acronis.bat,Acronis,1

With this trick i did a full test of acronis programs :
-DD10 -> Everything is OK (see attached picture #1)
-TIH11 -> Everything is working except image exploring and mounting ... (see attached pictures #2 and #3)

Mustang, i am not a professional developper so this trick may appear ridiculous to you.I hope that you can update both scripts to VistaPE v12 if you can because i really appreciate your work guys !!! :cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• _1.jpg
  • _2.jpg
  • _3.jpg

#12 mustang

mustang

• Advanced user
  • 34 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

You did exactly the right thing.

I've had no interest in updating the scripts to v12 because of the image mounting problem. Whatever has been changed to cause this is the kiss of death for me.

#13 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hi,

I made a .bat file which contains the lines which are causing problem during compilation.

Can you attach the .bat file too?

Or did I miss it? :cheers:

jaclaz

#14 micod2000

micod2000
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

Can you attach the .bat file too?

Hi jaclaz,

Here is the code for acronis.bat :

"X:\Program Files\DD10\Common Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\oss_reinstall.exe"

net start AcrSch2Svc

net start tifsfilter

"X:\Program Files\TrueImageH11\StartAcrSvc.exe"

Still no shell for VistaPE v11 :cheers:

#15 mustang

mustang

• Advanced user
  • 34 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:57 AM

You probably won't get it to work running TI from ram. It happens with 011 on some machines. It always works running TI from the CD. The type of errors you are describing usually mean there is a mismatch between what the registry is telling the program and where the program components are actually located. Are you sure you have the boxes in Extended Configuration set correctly? You need to uncheck "Force place all programs to ram (boot.wim)" and check "Mount folder with programs as drive Y:"

Look in the VistaPE registry under HKLM\Software\Acronis and make sure all the components are where the registry says they are. They should be under the Y: drive.

#16 mustang

mustang

• Advanced user
  • 34 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

I did find the problem with running TI from ram using VistaPE 011 on some machines. If you want to run from ram, you should uncheck the "Mount folder with programs as driveY:" in the Extended Configuration script. That box does need to be checked if you want to run TI from the CD.

#17 micod2000

micod2000
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

OK,

Thanks for the support mustang, it's working now :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users