st-dv

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

hello,

I tried the search function.... but did not find anything.......

How can I close my account here at bootland?

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

Don't think there is an option for that feature inside the user account panel.

I can delete your account from the admin panel but this is a permanent action that won't allow you to change any of your posts made on the forum, if you ever decide to come back then you'd have to start with a completely new account.

Are you really sure about this?

Please confirm and I will proceed.

:)

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

What do you mean by "closing"?

Once you are into the Community, you can't get out of it! :)

Just joking. :)

If you want to "unregister", I can remove you as "member", all your posts will be kept with author something like:
"Guest_st-dv"

Just PM me and I will oblige to your request.

jaclaz

#4 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

Hi All :) ,

May I be so bold as to ask why? What has prompted "st-dv" to want to do this are they personal reasons etc

Regards & Best Wishes,

ispy :)

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

Hi All :) ,

May I be so bold as to ask why? What has prompted "st-dv" to want to do this are they personal reasons etc

Regards & Best Wishes,

I think nobody should ask. If he has reasons to unregister, ok w/o explanation.
If he has some complains, I'm sure that he would post the complains.

Peter

#6 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

As I see it, everyone has the right to ask, (the worst that can happen is to be considered "nosy" by other members) as well as everyone has the right to ignore these kinds of questions (and the worst that can happen is to be considered "uncommunicative").

However since NO reason is asked when registering, I don't see why it should be asked when un-registering. :)

As well anyone has the right to complain (within limits :)) and the worst that can happen is to be considered "grouchy".

It's (almost) a FREE world here, one could even have a bagful of reasons to complain but refrains from doing so because he is shy, that is OK as well. :)

jaclaz

#7 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

Hi all :) ,

Maybe it's a German thing, but if I didn't want to continue being on a forum I would just leave without any explanation, maybe it's because I am rude! (Don't answer that one it's retorical!!!) I just think it's an odd thing to do & if it is for personal reasons then it's non of my business, but what if its for reasons like he feels left out, someone has upset him, caused offence etc. It seems so final to want to unregister!

I am not suggesting we do this, but many employers in the UK when staff leave are asked if they would participate in a leaving interview, to see why they are leaving? Of course they have the right to decline but if a common theme prevails in numerous persons leaving, then before it becomes a problem, they can address the issues, this is just an illustration by the way but you get the general idea! Maybe someone senior send him a personal message, just asking Why?

It just seems to were all saying "Yes, fine, see YA! Seems a bit cold to me? Anyway whatever you decide "st-dv" we are all sorry to see you go but would be very pleased if you stay! All the best!

Regards,

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

Hi all :) ,

Maybe it's a German thing, but if I didn't want to continue being on a forum I would just leave without any explanation, maybe it's because I am rude! (Don't answer that one it's retorical!!!) I just think it's an odd thing to do & if it is for personal reasons then it's non of my business, but what if its for reasons like he feels left out, someone has upset him, caused offence etc. It seems so final to want to unregister!

I am not suggesting we do this, but many employers in the UK when staff leave are asked if they would participate in a leaving interview, to see why they are leaving? Of course they have the right to decline but if a common theme prevails in numerous persons leaving, then before it becomes a problem, they can address the issues, this is just an illustration by the way but you get the general idea! Maybe someone senior send him a personal message, just asking Why?

It just seems to were all saying "Yes, fine, see YA! Seems a bit cold to me? Anyway whatever you decide "st-dv" we are all sorry to see you go but would be very pleased if you stay! All the best!

Regards,

Ispy!
I think that you misunderstood my post.
Let me try some more explanatory:
If somebody wants to leave the forum
  • He / She has some complains / worries as reason
    • He / She wants to tell the forum about these complains / worries:
      He / She does so
      Sample Booty#1 several month ago (I'm personaly glad that he takes part again)
    • He / She does not want to speak about reasons:
      Let the member's privacy and do not ask
  • He / She has some personal reasons.
    Maybe his / her boss told him / her that the cooperation with the forum could give conflicts with his / her professional business.
    • It is clear that he / she wouldn't give any explanation about the reason. Therefore no reason to ask.
Now again try to understand my previous post:
  • In case of the very first alternity: Explanation is given (in my theoretically optimum constellation)
  • In every other of the alternities: Respect privacy and do not ask
Peter

#9 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Hi Peter :) ,

Yes I do understand your previous post, & yes point taken, & nothing further to add :)

Regards & Respect,

#10 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:20 AM

:)

#11 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

If someone posts saying they want to leave the forums then they can hardly complain if this encourages speculation about why. A private pm to the moderators would have been a better way to leave quietly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users