#1 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

Hi all :) ,
Posted Image
Here comes the obligatory caveat message, if you are going to start messing about with the registry make sure you have the registry backed up & accessable for reinstatement & you have a full system image backup, before using this program or the resultant reg/inf files files created thereafter, Kids, don't try this at home!

Whilst trawling around on MSFN I found a very handy Util for registry key compiling util.
Many of you may know about it but my eyes lit up when I dropped on it because I think it will be a very useful companion util for Nlite, Winbuilder, UXP, or unattended situations. The only disadvantage I can see is that you will need Dotnet installed but if you use Nlite you will have it already installed, so I got round that one nicely LOL!!

It is freeware, It is portable & here is a screenshot to illustrate:
Posted Image
What you do is select from the top menu bar in the program the category of registry tweaks you would like to compile make you relevant selection from the resultant main menu below then select compile or save. Added to this is the facility to save as ".inf" files also,

Re - Infs, "This is already possible as far as I know Compile/Savefile/ then choose INF in the file extension drop down list (reg is preset)!"

Unpacked it is just over 3 Megs but the .rar file is 216Kb's on disk.

I am going to find this util very useful, "Gud on ya Mike Wilson" give that guy a medal!!!

Oh! nearly forgot, here's a link to read all about it! http://www.msfn.org/...php/t49320.html

& the attached file is below!

Anyway ENJOY!

Regards & Best Wishes,

ispy :)
Posted Image

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users