• Advanced user
  • 134 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

In regards to updating...

I have found a thread that might intrest you:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4392
As I am thinking doing the same thing... just not sure of how this will work on units with verry little memory. Will keep you informed!

#27 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:05 AM

This is actually not my problem. I tested in VirtualBox with Internet, that I can update. It works, because on X is some free space.
The updating isn't the problem, the problem is that I can't activate, because I see no way for Activation without Internet.
There https://activation.kaspersky.com/de/ on Kaspersky Website you can enter a Activation Code and then you get a Zip-File for offline Registration. But I have no code.
Then I activated kaspersky in VirtualBox and got a Code. This Code I tried to enter on the Kaspersky website and in the Kaspersky Setup Wizard, but both said: The Activation Code is wrong.

I don't know what to do. Maybe Kaspersky saves registry entries, while Registration, so I could transferring them from VirtualBox in my VistaPe. I made a regshot before and after Registration. There are many differents. But how can I those transferring from VirtualBox VistaPE to my
VistaPE.

Thanks for every help

#28 darkman738

darkman738

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 134 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

This is actually not my problem. I tested in VirtualBox with Internet, that I can update. It works, because on X is some free space.
The updating isn't the problem, the problem is that I can't activate, because I see no way for Activation without Internet.
There https://activation.kaspersky.com/de/ on Kaspersky Website you can enter a Activation Code and then you get a Zip-File for offline Registration. But I have no code.
Then I activated kaspersky in VirtualBox and got a Code. This Code I tried to enter on the Kaspersky website and in the Kaspersky Setup Wizard, but both said: The Activation Code is wrong.

I don't know what to do. Maybe Kaspersky saves registry entries, while Registration, so I could transferring them from VirtualBox in my VistaPe. I made a regshot before and after Registration. There are many differents. But how can I those transferring from VirtualBox VistaPE to my
VistaPE.

Thanks for every help

Anytime you are using software that is subscription based, you will likely run into these problems! Why are you using their windows based app instead of the CMD? Its the same thing, with no registration problems.
I've found that most of these apps are now using a combination of reg entries, generated files, and online checks to verify subscriptions so it may be difficult to near impossible to get this to work. My only thought is that you may try this app called ThinApp. What it can do is monitor the apps install pre and post installation after product verification, and create a single exe to run. This is likely against the apps EULA, but installing it on a PE disk may be as well, but I had to let you know. Its a cool app, and I've used it from time to time.
Otherwise you may want to install KAV inside a real OS and register to see if, in fact the code is legitimate. If you have obtained this key by "Alternative" means, then your on your own since Kaspersky blacklists keys often. If you have paid for it and it still gives you the error, and you have attempted uninstall and re-install on a real OS then call Kaspersky and check with them on why it may be giving you the issue. I've worked on computers a LONG time and have found that when working with legitimate products, no one will often know better than the product manufacture. Now this assumes that you have searched google for the error message and returned nothing.

Hope this helps.

Edit:
I just re-read your post and realized you said you didn't have a code. Kaspersky is NOT a free app, and requires purchasing a license for product use and updates. The only way around this is to use their CLS and Multi-AV to download updates, as I am not sure they offer the updates as manual download. Bottom line: if you want to use the windows based app, you need to shell out USD $50ish a year or however much they charge.

#29 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

If the Multi AV Scanner is as good as the windows based kaspersky in finding viruses I will take this.
Does Av Scanner update the same updates how the right Kaspersky Antivirus?

I don't want to buy Kaspersky, I only wanted to take the Shareware, which was written in a script by MaxRealQNX, but this didn't work, without internet.
But now I will use AV-Scanner.
Thank you for help

#30 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

I searched for this thinstall, but this isn't freeware.
Is there a free alternate?
I heard about InstallRite?

#31 darkman738

darkman738

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 134 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

I searched for this thinstall, but this isn't freeware.
Is there a free alternate?
I heard about InstallRite?

Your right, you have to pay. I've never used or heard of InstallRite. Give it a shot, and let us know how it works!

#32 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2882
There was told about it. AFAIK it doesn't make a .exe but there you can see which changes were made. I haven't used it until now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users