#1 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

If I start the AV Center and I want to make an update there is always the attached mistake.
What can I do?
This is for me one of the most important programs in VistaPE.

#2 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

What can i do?

As the message says, start the scheduler, before trying to update.

:)

#3 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

How can I start the scheduler?

#4 steelbone

steelbone

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 126 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

Hi Asker,

For Antivir Personal Edition there are 2 Windows services available.

You've to start them manually

1: AntiVirScheduler
2: AntiVirService

The second one is the Guard.

So now i don't know hows your knowledge about windows services.

So there you have a lot of possibilities to start windows services. here are 2 basics:

1: start-run-services

there you see the first 2 services Antivir* right klick start.

2: start-run-cmd

net start AntivirScheduler
net start AntiVirService

regards

Steel

#5 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

There is a mistake, too, but I have found another way to update.
I will update manually.
That is the best for me.
Thanks

#6 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

I am searching for other Antivirus programs for Winbuilder.
Which can I take?
Has anybody written scripts for those?

#7 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:50 AM

Which can I take?

I use Mcafee command line scanner with Bart's GUI front-end and Sherpya's NAIUpdater for updates. It's very good and very fast (4x faster than ClamWin). It runs best from a RAMdisk or in RAM or some writable media. I've been meaning to upload it; I'll try to get the time to upload the script tomorrow morning (US Eastern time).

#8 darkman738

darkman738

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 134 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:21 AM

Which can I take?

I'm actually in the process of building and testing a set of tools that is a collection of reliable removal tools. I use Mcafee CLS, TM-AV CLS, and Adaware SE quite often in PE, and am looking at others to include in my repair procedures. TM-AV may take some time to find, its not as available as Mcafee. The largest downside to this is that one can scan the remote registry, but I am currently working on a way to circumvent this hitch. I have a couple of ideas, but they will take some time to code.

Hope this information is useful.

#9 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

where can I get a script for TrendMicro?
Has anybody a script for Kaspersky?
Thanks

#10 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

I found a script for Kaspersky 7, but it is for Winbuilder 0.72 and isn't working in my VistaPe v12.
is there a newer scipt for it or what is to change to make work in winbuilder 0.75 and v12?

#11 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

@asker2

I understand that you want to keep up with your nickname, but aren't you overdoing it? :)

This thread is about Antivir, do you want me to change it's title to either:
1) Any antivirus program that can run under VistaPE
2) Any question that crosses asker2's mind

Seriously, you should start learning a bit about .scripts, starting with easy ones, usually once a .script works for a given version of Winbuilder, adapting it to a later one is not difficult, and as well usually a .script that works with a given version of a program can be generally adapted to a later one, unless major changes were made to the program.

jaclaz

#12 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

At first it was about AntiVir, but now ...
can i divide this topic?
How?

@jacklaz
I asked you a time ago how I can learn about .scripts, but this syntax didn't help.
Now I read:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4424
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4415

But this is only for portable scripts, is there a continuation of those, in order to learn write more difficult scripts?TTh
Or is there anywhere sth. to learn about scripts?
If I would understand this, I would not ask so much.

#13 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

I would start from here:
http://winbuilder.net/help/
http://winbuilder.ne...ipt_syntax.html
http://winbuilder.ne...pplication.html

Then I would take an existing, known to be working, simple, APP .script, and would try at first to simply understand the commands used by it's Author, then I would put it aside and re-write it from scratch (WITHOUT peeking in the original one :)) until I have it working, then I would compare my .script to the already made one, and see if mine is "better" or "worse", i.e. if I missed any of the "tricks" the more experienced Author used.

Then I would do the same for a "difficult" one....

... then I would try "adapting" an existing .script to a new version of Winbuilder or to a new version of the APP...

...and probably after that I would be able to write a decent .script all on my own...

I am sure that if during this learning process you have any syntax doubt, .script developers will try and help you on the forums. :)

jaclaz

#14 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

I will read this stuff the next days, weeks, months... :)
I hope I will understand sth.
(I already read the Tutorial about how to make a program portable.)
Thanks

What is about the continuation for the links I wrote?
That was good described.

#15 darkman738

darkman738

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 134 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:55 AM

where can I get a script for TrendMicro?
Has anybody a script for Kaspersky?
Thanks

also, somthing I just ran across:
Multi-AV Scanning Tool
Google it, the first hit should have a d/l link, however you may need to translate it, which is why I did not post the link. Its not a script, but it is cool, a uniform way to get decent scanners with the latest updates. I haven't tested it much, but its on my TODO list (which is REALY long!) check it out and let me know what you think!

#16 steelbone

steelbone

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 126 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

Hi,

so a long time ago i created a script for Antivir:

22-September 07

and i still use it without problems

yes it's a old script ( i like the olds one much more because there u see the whole Syntax - simpel Variable instructions, i don't like the new short Links - i have to read the Doku for that. before, i didn't read the docus)

so if u like - feel free to fit to the new code

http://www.boot-land...mp;showfile=151

with this version u could start the services without problems and could update (online with live-cd). if there really problems, so try repair-function (setup.exe in the antivir root- so he try's to repair necessary files with Change function)

Regards

#17 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

Kaspersky is now working.
The other scripts of you I will try today.

#18 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

Avira Antivir is as well as before. I don't find the guard and the planer, but that isn't now so important.
Multi AV Scanner is good, but if I start in my real Vista always the active User is logged out.
So I couldn't test much.
Because under Programs AV Scanner didn't work, I now have AV Scanner integrated in the boot.wim, but there it isn't working, too.
Why is Multi AV Scanner not working. It actually must work, because it is portable, or?

#19 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Now I have found my mistake: You must copy the packed exe in VistaPe and the unpack it in the running VistaPE
But how can I update the program, if I can't start it in my real Vista?
In VistaPE I can't go to internet, because I have WLAN and this is not recognized.

#20 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

Now I can start in real Vista and update
After Update the folder is over 100MB big.

Edited by asker2, 08 July 2008 - 02:19 PM.

#21 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

An ask to AV-Scanner:
Does AV-Scanner use the scan engines of the original kaspersky, mcafee etc.?
How is that possible?

#22 darkman738

darkman738

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 134 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

An ask to AV-Scanner:
Does AV-Scanner use the scan engines of the original kaspersky, mcafee etc.?
How is that possible?

Here is what I would sugest. Walk through the sub dirs of the install directory after it has downloaed the scanners and copy the ones you would like to use to the CD or create a script to include. I would not sugest atemping copying all scanners to the ram drive as you won't have enough space. Unfortunalty, due to size constraints, this is the most efficient method, and update defs manualy, unless you want to write a program to copy the scanner, d/l the latest defs, scan, then delete. Which, btw, I may be doing in the future, but for now, I'm not so concerned.

The size you can't help, as the definitions and scan engines are large by default. As malware continues to become a booming buisness, it will only grow unless they find a way to compress or optmize defs, which will be unlikely as we are using these scanners in ways not intended, and size, in normal circumstaces aren't realy a concern.

These scanners are using the same core engines as the installers. Some features may be removed such as registery scanning, and such, but this is scanner dependant.

In most cases you can run the core exe from the directory in a cmd window with a /? or /help switch to see the switches. I have tested all of theses scanners, except Kaspersky(but wil be testing soon) on a read-only media. In all cases you need to reditect the report to a writeable disk and it should work fine. From here you can create a bat file to run the scanner. If you would like help here please let me know.

Also to note, AntiVir also has a cmd line scanner which I have used sucessfuly in PE, but not from a read-only media, however, I haven't tried that much as I haven't seen much of a need for this scanner, as the above collection seems to cath most everything, in combonation with a couple of good spyware scanners, and manual detection, which, I would sugest, if you are not doing now, you should!! If you would like help/instructions on this, than please feel free to ask.

I hope I've answered you questions. Let me know if you need clairification.

#23 asker2

asker2

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:22 PM

In Multi AV Scanner is now all right. The Kaspersky update lasts the most time.
Multi AV Scanner is very good!
Thank you.

I have downloaded Kaspersky Antivirus from MaxRealQNX: http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2882
This is a trial version, which must be registered via Internet. I tested in Virtualbox.
But in my VistaPe booted from CD, I have no Internet Connection, so I can't activate.
what can I do, in order to activate without internet?

#24 darkman738

darkman738

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 134 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

Thank you.

I have downloaded Kaspersky Antivirus from MaxRealQNX: http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2882
This is a trial version, which must be registered via Internet. I tested in Virtualbox.
But in my VistaPe booted from CD, I have no Internet Connection, so I can't activate.

Likely nothing unfortunaly. There is a thread about enabling wireless network support, but alas, TheFro, who started the thread, hasn't even logged in since Feb, and as far as I can tell, no one has made any progress with this since his last post. CLS's are typicaly your best bet for scanning, until the registery redirection is perfected.

#25 darkman738

darkman738

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 134 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

Thank you.

Also, I ment to ask, why would you want to use this verson, rather than the CLS that dosent require registeration? It should acomplish the same ends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users