I would like to improve the current state of VistaPE.
Several people complained about bugs and problems with the current version.
Please post here all bugs and problems you find in this thread, even older problems if the have not yet been adressed.
Please use VistaDVD SP1 for building VPE12 to get best results. Look here how to integate SP1 in a SP0 DVD
Also you should use Winbuilder 75 beta or newer as older version do not work with VPE12
I will try to update this post with the found (and later hopefully removed) bugs.
when integrating the lan drivers VPE no longer boots(Fixed) vpeldr always sets screen resolution to 800x600 if nothing is set in the cfg file(Solution) InternetExplorer 7 searches for proxy even if disabled (delays startup of ie7)fixed InternetExplorer 7 SSL not workingwas never broken
InternetExplorer 7 can not open "internet setting" (some files are missing, not a bug of the ie script) bginfo starts with message to accept license(until available in svn, download the updated version)
- WLAN not working (Thread)
Quicklaunch shortcut to VistaPE Loader in explorer shell (The Hive) You're not able to change Resolution in explorer shell (The Hive) ISO is always 34k problem(Fixed) Thanks Peter you get two ie icons on desktop when the checkbox for the ie icon is set(see here) fixed WB and the VPE12 project can not be put in a folder with spaces in the name (e.g.: "c:program fileswb" or "c:my vistape")
- drivers (and some other programs) are included in the scripts files which makes them large and slows down WB gui (try unchecking all APPs at once and you will see what i mean)
- there is no permission from the vendors to include drivers in the vpe project, so we should better make a downloader (any volunteers?)
VirtualBox script needs some update(see here) change the waik path to '%ProgramFilesDir%' (WinBuilder always will fill in the correct (language dependent) directory) hidden files and extensions set to showfixed add updated vmware script(see here) more system locale settings (english canadian, etc.) a keybord settings tool should be all that is needed
- wimutil.exe contains MS files, so distribution might not be allowed
- ControlPanel shows nothing (no icons) even when i selct cpl script
setting WIM compression level to fast in postconfig does not work (fixed express in postconfig must be replaced by xpress) small errors in ProcessExplorer.script posted by JonF- fixes here
- your bugs/suggestions here:-)