Photo
- - - - -

Error: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BreakDecks

BreakDecks

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:32 PM

I have built VistaPE v.11, and it boots fine within VirtualBox, but when I burn the ISO to DVD and try to boot it for real, I get the error: "Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer". I have tried booting the disk on several computers (Desktops and Laptops) and I get the same result. Has anyone else had this problem?

#2 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

try to use a good cd media and burn slow (12x). somtimes the burner or the media causes problems...

#3 BreakDecks

BreakDecks

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:10 PM

try to use a good cd media and burn slow (12x). somtimes the burner or the media causes problems...

The image is too large to burn to CD, I will have to use a DVD. I will try burning it at a slower speed though, if that may help.

Also, I am not sure if it matters, but I am using DVD+R disks.

#4 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

DVD is fine + or - should not matter but use a good brand (verbatim e.g.) and burn at slower speed (brun 16x dvds at 4-8x), this may help...its worth a try

#5 BreakDecks

BreakDecks

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

I burned the image to a Maxell DVD+R 4.7GiB at 1x speed. I no longer get the "Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer" error, instead I get a generic boot error with error code: 0xC0000017.

I assume this has to do with Memory or Virtual Memory, but I cannot find any solid information on that yet.

#6 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

Hmm, you are sure that your iso boots fine in vmware and that the disk you burned does not work on different computers you tried? If so i would say bad burner (BTW: 1x often riuns the DVD Media (modern media is not made for so slow speeds, thats why i recommmended half the normal speed))

#7 BreakDecks

BreakDecks

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

I stripped the contents of the disk down (and removed any OtherOS features) and burned it to CD, and now it works.

#8 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

Strange, but i still believe it has to do with your burner or media

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users