LitePHP - run websites with PHP support from your CD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hi everyone! ;)

LitePHP is a very simple program that allows PHP based sites to run directly from CD/DVD's or any other media.

It is a completely portable application - no installs, no registry keys added.

This allows for people to publish a site online and also use the DVD to showcase the site to other people.

Download:
http://nunobrito.eu/...oad.php?view.11

Usage:
Place the website files on the "www" subfolder and click on LitePHP.exe to see it in action.

----------

LitePHP's window will show the respective webpage with full php 4 support, which is more than sufficient to showcase the site to the readers.

I've included a small demonstration site based in php that I made for a friend of mine.

MySQL was not added at this moment since this software is mostly orientated for "lite" sites, it can possibly be added upon request.

-----------

Why this program was made?

Every year on the place where I work, it's usual to create a small magazine with all the relevant events and pictures of the things that we've doing over the year.

We do a small party and distribute this magazine to the guests and send it out to our friends that are far away.

Since last year, we moved away from a printed version of this annual magazine and decided to create a DVD version which allowed to include far more pictures and also attach small movies, opinion articles, etc, etc.

This year, we could have done the same thing, but HTML is simply too simple to work and doesn't allow any scripting features for more advanced features so I started thinking about using PHP.

Running PHP on a machine usually requires to install something like XAMPP and install a program as service but I wanted this to be a "click & go" process since most machines don't have admin permissions. Other programs that I found around the web didn't had a simple configuration nor included a web browser so I decided to just make one myself.

And the result is LitePHP.

Hope you like it.

:thumbup:

#2 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

Interesting. PHP works fine in XAMPP without Apache running as a service, so administrator permissions are not a provlem, but there's a place for a small and fast PHP server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users