Thanks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

I did not find a forum which by name is suited to post my topic. But I think that the Community forum is a good place.

I want to publish a BIG THANKS to Tintinbt for helping us (and especially me) to improve our WinBuilder.

Since some time there have been some bug reports, suggestions, asks for help, etc. concerning PEs built from Chinese source CD.

These questions usually have had (even if the posters did not mention) my baby 'HoJoPE.exe' as target.

You all can imagine that as German I'm not an expert in Chinese language. Therefore most of the post have been unanswered, or answered with a question which usually did not bring any solution.

Then Tintinbt did a conclusion and a very good founded explanation of the issue.
That brought me to understand the background of the issue and work on it.

During my work, Tintinbt gave me a lot of hints and suggestions (w/o them I never would be able to produce a Chinese PE on my German system).

As A result: Now WB is able to process Chinese source CD and produce an unsable PE (some smaller issues, reported by Zhang Heng here), should be solved soon.

Once again:

@Tintinbt: Many thanks for your help and patience!

Peter

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

Besides Chinese support, this should also impact on all strictly unicode based languages from Asia and middle East.

Peter has also done an excellent work in debugging and found where format differences occured.

;)

#3 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

Great to hear the good news!

Regards,
Galapo.

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:44 AM

This will make it more universal. Greate news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users