1 reply to this topic

#1 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 618 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hi Everyone ;) ,

When I have been floating around Boot-Land more often than not like a "head less chicken" I keep running into references being made to WAIK! (NO not WAKE, WAIK!).
See here: http://www.microsoft...;DisplayLang=en
So in an attempt to disguise my ignorance I "scuttled off" Boot-Land & have been trawling around the WWW. looking for info on it & info, I have indeed found! So now that I am a regular little "Mr Smarty pants" I thought others may want to share the info I have found!

This info is split into two zip files:
  • WAIKOverview.doc - This is quite "Techie" in content & I guarantee it will put you to sleep faster than a cup of Horlicks, no seriously, I jest, there is some good information contained therein.
  • InstallWAIKWithoutDisc.doc - This information file gives you two freeware methods of processing the Micro$oft .img file via Imgburn & Daemon tools.
If you want to get your head around these two "Projects", VistaPE & Pe21, they both have the option to utilise WAIK which incidently is "Free" (although I might add is a hefty download) to create a custom PE bootdisk for you!

Anyway, hope you find them beneficial?

ispy :thumbup:

P.S. This edit is to add a further .doc file in respect of GImageX which also has the capability of dealing with .Wim image format from Micro$oft. The additional attachment is provided below called GImageX.zip in respect of Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) v1.1.
Enjoy!

A further bit of information in respect investigating the contents of Windows WIM files. A talented Individual called Damien666 has created a little program called WimMounter - This little utility lets you mount a wim image and then interact with it as a normal folder.
this allows us to patch the uxtheme add themes and stuff. See Here:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4452
Enjoy!

Attached Files

#2 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

Now I know why it's called the Windows Automated Installation Kit! It's not simply a source for making Winbuilder Boot Disks. :)

Excellent. Thank you, ispy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users