#26 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4162 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:28 PM

I just posted my fix for the STANDARD project to my FTP site. :P

You can download it here.

The Hive and Txtsetup scripts are not changed logically. I only changed the level to 2, in order to let the projectinfo script run before them.

I tested with both XP and W2003: :P

Good luck!

Peter :P

I just extracted your standard zip files into my Projects to overite some of the files in the standard build but when I ran the scripts I still get the mouclass error.

Standard Log.

#27 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4162 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

DId the same thing with your NanoXP zip and the same result about mousclass missing. :P

NanoXP log

#28 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

You should be carefull because your ramdisk disk is writing keys on the hives before the hive creation script is processed.. at the moment it will run because it's running hives previously created, but will get into problems when building from scratch, you can fix it, changing the process level to 3 on the description tab..

Here's the error on the log:

Successfully executed command: [hide] using: [expand.exe] with parameters: ["N:\I386\" -F:mouclass.sys "L:\OPEN BUILDER\OpenBuilder047\Target\i386\system32\drivers"]

"N:\I386\" should also hold the name of the cab file to extract mouclass.sys from..

I hope this helps..

:P

#29 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4162 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:46 PM

Yorn do these two upadtes work on your build or do you get the same error on the Standard and the Nano even when using these new updated scripts.

#30 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

I just extracted your standard zip files into my Projects to overite some of the files in the standard build but when I ran the scripts I still get the mouclass error.

Standard Log.

Please post the contents of all.txt, sgl.txt

Peter

#31 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:56 PM

Please post the contents of all.txt, sgl.txt

Peter

I still get "mouclass.sys can't be found" on the Standard folder in that compressed file.

Attached Files

• Attached File  all.txt   12bytes   182 downloads
  • Attached File  sgl.txt   12bytes   195 downloads

#32 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:07 PM

This is from Pico XP and appears to be working:
If,"%spFile%",NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,walk-around

If,NotExistFile,#$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers\mouclass.sys#$q,ShellExecute,"hide","expand.exe","#$q%SourceDir%\I386\%drFile%#$q -F:mouhid.sys #$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers#$q"

If,NotExistFile,#$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers\mouclass.sys#$q,ShellExecute,"hide","expand.exe","#$q%SourceDir%\I386\%drFile%#$q -F:mouclass.sys #$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers#$q"

Set,"%cFile%",mouclass.sy

Run,%ScriptFile%,driver-compress

Set,"%cFile%",mouhid.sy

Set,"%cFile%",ntfs.sy

If,%pCheckBox4%,Equal,True,Run,%ScriptFile%,Process-Boot

Run,%ScriptFile%,Process-log

[walk-around]

If,ExistFile,"%SourceDir%\I386\%spFile%",ShellExecute,"hide","expand.exe","#$q%SourceDir%\I386\%spFile%#$q -F:mouclass.sys #$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers#$q"

This is from 047 and appears to be not working:
If,"%spFile%",NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,walk-around

If,NotExistFile,#$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers\mouclass.sys#$q,ShellExecute,"hide","expand.exe","#$q%SourceDir%\I386\%drFile%#$q -F:mouhid.sys #$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers#$q"

If,NotExistFile,#$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers\mouclass.sys#$q,ShellExecute,"hide","expand.exe","#$q%SourceDir%\I386\%drFile%#$q -F:mouclass.sys #$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers#$q"

[walk-around]

If,ExistFile,"%SourceDir%\I386\%spFile%",ShellExecute,"hide","expand.exe","#$q%SourceDir%\I386\%spFile%#$q -F:mouclass.sys #$q%TargetDir%\i386\system32\drivers#$q"

The only thing I can think of is maybe the %drFile% or %SourceDir% variables get unset or unbound before the conditional "if" statement?

#33 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:17 PM

The additional lines are only for PicoXP and compress the files.

I found the root of the issue:
Again a space in a path generates some troubles (inside my ProjectInfo script)

It is some work to fix it. So please wait until tomorrow.

@Nuno Brito: There is something wrong with quotes and $#q. There seems to be a difference whether you are in defining a variable or you do a direct output, e.g. into a Run. (I try to get more info)

Peter

#34 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:23 PM

Ahh ok. Well hopefully what I submitted was of some use/help. I'll keep checking the forums, both from home and work and look forward to seeing more of this in the future! PicoXP is cool enough in the meantime. Might be time in a bit to post an updated story to digg with the link. (sorry about the last time when I submitted it and it killed the 911cd forums)

#35 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

(sorry about the last time when I submitted it and it killed the 911cd forums)

???
Peter

#36 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

Digg would be awesome, but perhaps it would better to wait a few days until 048 is out.. It will also include ove's scripts for the explorer shell and hopefully the mouse will be caught for good.. otherwise I know there will be a lot of questions from people always asking why the mouse isn't found instead of searching for the answer and this wouldn't do much good in this case..

Last time I saw that with batcher, the problem was that the public release was still too buggy to be used, and people couldn't even get it work because of the poor/inexistent documentation.. :P

I'm also writing a wiki to prevent this, wich should give a much better idea to everybody on how to get started in any of these projects, please wait..

:P

#37 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:20 PM

Okay, I can wait before I write something up. Additionally, I've mentioned this before, but I was working on a script repository. Maybe I can send you a PM to explain where it is and how it works and you can offer suggestions? I'm about 90% done with the interface design. The backend PHP coding has yet to be worked on, which is probably going to be the most difficult to do, but I'm pretty confident I can get this done sometime this week.

#38 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:45 PM

Sure, I'll be more than glad to check out and help anyway I can, on 047 I've added individual script update because I'm still unsure myself on how to implement an efficient update management.

It would be rather easy to code something on delphi that would somehow emulate some of the behavior from debian servers, but this would surely not be an elegant solution, since the GUI would be pretty much static (it would almost look like using repositories in command line from debian and then switching to a much nicer looking GUI on ubuntu) - and the idea of adding a dynamic html portal seems more consistent to with the idea of constantly improve the upgrade service over time.

Everybody else could also use it from anywhere to check the latest updates, I really like a php solution.. :P

#39 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4162 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:47 AM

Here are my files.

Attached File  NanoXP_all_and_sgl.zip   226bytes   227 downloadsAttached File  Standard_all_and_sgl.zip   248bytes   194 downloads

#40 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:36 AM

It took a while.
Sometimes I have to do some other things besides OpenBuilder.

But now the fix: :P
Download to %BaseDir%/Archive/Build/Build-2-ProjectInfo.Script

It belongs to both Standard and NanoXP.

Peter

#41 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4162 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:49 AM

Cool! Great News. It works on the Nano and the Standard Build. I can Create and boot up and see the Command prompt and the Standard Shell.

A side note I put the Build-2-ProjectInfo.Script in the
..\OpenBuilder047\Archive\Build

Folder since it is being used with a link from the Nano and the Standard Projects.

Great Work! :P :P :P :P

#42 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4162 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:15 AM

Suggestion:
Before releasing to the masses. There should definately be a "Get Started" within the Program Itself. From personal experience most people will not search and read on how to get it to work beyond whats included within the OpenBuilder itself. Most would say if it doesnt work out of the box its not worth my time. So the better the experience the more will like how OpenBuilder Works.

#43 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

I tend to agree with you..

I've been thinking on adding a small wizard window to allow configuring things and give a few enlights on how it works and what it will do, adding a few images to let others view how it's done..

This type of information does not reach people when first starting, they've never heard of qemu or upx or anything like that, so brownsing all the scripts without having no idea of the results might be scary..

Should be a good feature to add in the future.. good suggestion! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users