Download link: Openbuilder 47
- Removed the wiki folder, since this feature is now hosted online ( http://www.boot-land.net/wiki )
- Fixed a bug that caused the application to crash when wiki folder was not found
- Created an Archive folder to store common scripts
- Added the .link file feature, wich allows to use text files with extension .link that point to the real script file - a good way to avoid double files, and all changes made on a link file will immediately be reflected on the linked file itself - except for the status of enable/disabled switch, that allowing to have several different profiles using the same script.
It will preferably use %basedir%\Archive folder to avoid static path problems.
- Images in description are no longer automatically streched or proportional - causing images to be more vivid and look better
- Added an Archive project - not meant to be used as project, but rather as a resource to edit available scripts inside it.
- Added an option to erase the target folder (placed in the makedirs script) as suggested by Olri
- Added the hive, explorer and ramdisk scripts sent by Ovi
- Added projectInfo script by psc
- Fixed the result output on IniDeleteSection
- Right-click option on retrieve command was not working for the file and dir options - fixed
- Added the update service for scripts (server by default is http://www.boot-land.net/updates)
- Added a new tab on the script windows, called "Options"
- Added an option to use custom update servers for specific scripts
- Added MD5 digital signature checks - stronger algorithims will probably be implemented soon.
- Updates can choose to wether to include or not MD5 protection (MD5 is recommended to ensure reliable downloads)
The new .link files don't seem to be properly alphabetically classified as supposed, take as example the standard project, where the script #2 process info is not where it should be..
Both projects contain little improvements over the last version (except for the new explorer and english hive) - I hope the update feature can quickly bring better results on the produced builds.
This update introduces the option to update scripts using online servers, by default all scripts will download an updates.ini from http://www.boot-land.net/updates ,but any other server can be used in order for quick support for a specific set of script files.
More detailed info on how to create your own updates will soon be available on the wiki.
To improve the quality of the downloaded files, I've also added an MD5 checksum, this is an optional parameter, since the file can still be downloaded if a new version is available, in either case I recommend to always add an MD5 signature. I know MD5 is not as safe as other security methods and I'll try to improve this if needed.
The new wiki powered by mediawiki (the same used on wikipedia) will provide support for all future documentation related to openbuilder and methods, it uses a tool called IPBwiki wich allows for users from these forums to be automatically registered in the wiki database. New topics that are also placed on this wiki will automatically be featured on the newly created wiki forum where others can view the contents and discuss/edit the pages..
I hope you all like these new addons, thanks a lot for all the feedback provided.