40 replies to this topic

#1 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:08 AM

When I try to build the ISO after I have downloaded and configured everything I get only one error. It says, "DirCopy - Failed to copy directory [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\*.*] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]"

Does anybody know what the problem is here? I have tried to do it multiple ways but I get the same result. I attached the full log file also.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   1.02MB   430 downloads

#2 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

nobody knows? o.O

#3 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

I have asked this in multiple places but no one has gaven me any help... I have yet to be able to build an iso once, and I keep getting the same error.

When I try to build the ISO after I have downloaded and configured everything I get only one error. It says, "DirCopy - Failed to copy directory [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\*.*] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32]"

Does anybody know what the problem is here? I have tried to do it multiple ways but I get the same result. I attached the full log file also.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   1.02MB   438 downloads

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

I have asked this in multiple places but no one has gaven me any help... I have yet to be able to build an iso once, and I keep getting the same error.

I do not see anything in your log -previous to the error- that %BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32 has been created, or something has been copied there.

Are you missing a necessary script before?

Peter

#5 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

I do not see anything in your log -previous to the error- that %BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32 has been created, or something has been copied there.

Are you missing a necessary script before?

Peter

This is all just downloaded straight from the recommended setup on winbuilder. I have not added or removed any custom scripts or files before or after attempting to create the iso.

#6 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

could it be because I'm using vista 64 bit instead of 32? I'm seriously changing nothing from the "recommended" file set that you download I'm still just trying to make a damn test disk. I really want to try this out but this one damn error is stopping me.

#7 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

could it be because I'm using vista 64 bit instead of 32? I'm seriously changing nothing from the "recommended" file set that you download I'm still just trying to make a damn test disk. I really want to try this out but this one damn error is stopping me.

Well, that is FAQ#1:
http://vistape.net/vistape-faq.html

jaclaz

#8 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

Well, that is FAQ#1:
http://vistape.net/vistape-faq.html

jaclaz

Question: Can i make VistaPE x64?
Answer: No and it will be possible only when we will be have many x64 programs and drivers. You can take full access to all versions of Microsoft Windows (x86 and x64) with current x86 version. You can build VistaPE x86 at any x64 hosts, but you must have installed WAIK in your system.

which I do, this should have no impact at all with me trying to build an ISO.

#9 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

still waitin on some help...

#10 BreakDecks

BreakDecks

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

The log says you are running WinBuilder 073 beta 5. Maybe you should upgrade to the latest stable version (074), or the newest beta version (075 beta 1).

Also, I may be as new here as you, but even I find your constant bumping of you own topic a bit annoying. As far as I can tell, these forums aren't terribly busy, so your post won't get ignored just because it's a little way down the list. Then again, I am just speaking for myself on that issue.

#11 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

I have just tried to download 3 different versions and downloaded only the recommended files, and I got that exact same error. I have also tried multiple versions of the WAIK and Multiple versions of a 32bit source of vista. I wouldn't be so annoyed by this if it was a lot of errors, but just one error about it complaining about copping files sounds ridiculous that no one has any idea what is going on. ;)

By the way, I have really only bumped it 2 times. Also, as I look back through the forum I see a lot of unanswered questions that were just ignored and forgot about when the OP just lets it die. I'm still extremely interested in this boot disk, and I really want to get it working. Thank you for at least trying to help though.

#12 TheFro

TheFro

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

Stupid question.... Did you make folders, and at least do the configuration part to point to those folders?

I should read the log first shouldn't i.... It almost looks like there is no source, or something going wrong in the mounting process...

Are there any files or folders in the targer area after the script runs?

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

Stupid question.... Did you make folders, and at least do the configuration part to point to those folders?

I should read the log first shouldn't i.... It almost looks like there is no source, or something going wrong in the mounting process...

See my post #4 above ;)

Peter

#14 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:49 AM

No, I have not added any new files at all. This is just the recommended download that comes on default with winbuilder. I'm just trying to make a test disk first, so I'm not trying to add anything.

"Are there any files or folders in the targer area after the script runs?"
Do you mean are there any files in the "Target" folder? If so then yes, there is a bunch of files in there including the system32 file that it says its messing up on. If thats not what you meant could you be a bit more clear?

#15 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:11 AM

there is a bunch of files in there including the system32 file that it says its messing up on.

Is it a file named 'system32' or is it a folder named 'system32'? This is important.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#16 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:07 AM

Is it a file named 'system32' or is it a folder named 'system32'? This is important.

Thanks,
Galapo.

A folder, I cant find a file named system32 in the "target" folder accept for a whole crapload of files with the name, "$$_system32_Insert name here.cdf-ms

#17 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

A folder,

Yep, that's good. It means the folder is created for files to be copied to it.

Regards,
Galapo.

#18 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

Still waitin on some help here...

#19 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

I've compiled a very basic VistaPE 12 that might help you.

It's tested to work on a x64 Vista machine using a x86 Vista DVD as source.

Download here: http://nunobrito.eu/...istaPE12beta.7z

If this doesn't work, try getting another windows source or perhaps downloading the Windows AIK for building your boot disks.

Good luck.

;)

#20 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:30 PM

Yup, same exact error. Apparently it is just not compatible with Windows Vista ultimate 64bit SP1 and WAIK. How about you guys just make a complete iso build with all the bells and whistles of one and throw it up on somewhere like rapid share or file planet for the people that cant make it...

#21 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

How about you guys just make a complete iso build with all the bells and whistles of one and throw it up on somewhere like rapid share or file planet for the people that cant make it...

That being illegal and possibly cause MS to sue the board is not a good enough reason NOT to do it? ;)

jaclaz

#22 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

Yup, same exact error. Apparently it is just not compatible with Windows Vista ultimate 64bit SP1 and WAIK 1.1. How about you guys just make a complete iso build with all the bells and whistles of one and throw it up on somewhere like rapid share or file planet for the people that cant make it...

Now that's a stupid request!

I guess we have been assuming you've read the documentation and you're building from a 32bit source: http://www.vistape.n...istape-faq.html.

Please try a 32bit Vista source and see if that builds for you.

Regards,
Galapo.

#23 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:45 PM

Now that's a stupid request!

I guess we have been assuming you've read the documentation and you're building from a 32bit source: http://www.vistape.n...istape-faq.html.

Please try a 32bit Vista source and see if that builds for you.

Regards,
Galapo.

Once again..... No, I did read it. It plainly says, "You can take full access to all versions of Microsoft Windows (x86 and x64) with current x86 version. You can build VistaPE x86 at any x64 hosts, but you must have installed WAIK in your system." Maybe you should read over the FAQ again. /facepalm

#24 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

It means: 1) you may build VistaPE under 32- or 64-bit host system; 2) once built, you may access from booted VistaPE environment, both 32- and 64-bit systems; but, crucially, 3) you can as yet only build VistaPE from 32-bit source, ie VistaPE environment is currently 32-bit.

Regards,
Galapo.

#25 Jayrollin

Jayrollin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:00 PM

It means: 1) you may build VistaPE under 32- or 64-bit host system; 2) once built, you may access from booted VistaPE environment, both 32- and 64-bit systems; but, crucially, 3) you can as yet only build VistaPE from 32-bit source, ie VistaPE environment is currently 32-bit.

Regards,
Galapo.

"You can build VistaPE x86 at any x64 hosts" means you can build a 32bit disk from a 64bit system... Which is exactly what I'm trying to do I'm using the WAIK just like it suggested to and I have tried all different versions of that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users