2 replies to this topic

#1 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 618 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hi everyone :thumbup: ,

Have had another idea about the production of scripts & a way of rationalising them all into an easy to find all solution. I often notice on web pages a system of form filling that asks users to sign up for membership say! Essentially this is a web based Database the prospective user inputs the required data into the required fields & then in the background all this info is saved, thats the theory anyway!

So this got me thinking about constructing a purpose made web database that Script developers could input details about their respective scripts once they had made them & tested them (A field could also be provided in addition that would denote Beta status) whether for programs or drivers etc then within the same web database, provide a search facility that would permit the prospective user to search on a given selected criteria that would describe the script, in fact produce all the details that the script developer initially inputted. This could of course be on a scrolling page in layout.

Also in conjunction with this we could provide a third section that would permit user feedback, in the form of a score rating and/or a kudos "Thanks!" button that would add thanks to the developers thanks ratings score.

You would then pin the web based database, then all the scripts information would be in one location where starters would easily find them by conducting a search, the developers would still host their scripts on their own web-sites etc but a field designated within the Script-'D'-Base would provide the link or URL to the web-site or direct link. Voila! jobs a gudun!

Anyway I have thrown together a pictoral example for explanation, please be aware I am not a designer & my artistic talent is just about zero, but with clever creative ergonomic designing, & hint hint TheHive creativity, I'm sure the eye candy could easily be produced! Please also do NOT interpret this example as the finished article as I am sure there is a better way of compiling, it's just a concept idea! I could not get the whole thing on one page so unfortunately it's in two parts but I'm sure with a little imagination you can easily see the whole idea in your minds eye? You could also use this is many others areas to consolidate & draw together fragmented information just a thought?

So here is the example(s):
Posted Image
Posted Image

What does everyone think ;) or :thumbup: this!

Regards,

ispy :thumbup:

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10547 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

I like the idea, would be nice to see everything tidy and organized for app scripts.

We would also need someone willing to put some brain power into the php/mysql coding, better yet if it could be use our current database of existent scripts.

;)

#3 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hi Nuno Thanks for the reply ;) ,

Upon further reflection it would have the benefit of gathering all the sheep into one pen. But I suppose the coding thing would defeat the venture possibly?

Regards

ispy :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users