This was a project that started some time ago and intended to understand how the registry hives worked.
Today I can say that this goal was achieved and the registry hive can be edited without using windows registry functions.
Updated link: http://reboot.pro/fi...file/95-rawreg/
What is the advantage of not using Win32 API?
- No need to load a hive into the local registry
- Overcome any security restrictions imposed by Win32 API
- Works on every Windows platform (from Windows 9x all the way up to Vista)
- No UAC restrictions regarding hive load without administrator permissions
- More features can be added in the future.
Things to expect from this Raw Registry Editor (RawReg for short name)
- Gives a (huge) amount of details and information about any given hive
What can it do?
- Browse the hive structure
- Edit the data on values
- Change the title of values
- Show a map with information of data inside each bin
- Show details about physical offset of any given key
Please note that unlike any other raw registry editors, this is the only program that can really add more data onto a given registry hive and manage the bin space properly. In the past, people were limited to only change data on keys that needed to have the exact same size, there are no such restrictions here and many things can be added - post your requests and I'll see if they can be included.
It is also the initial test version, more features will be added in the future.
Hope you like this tool.