Ouestions page !!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

================================================================================
========
Ouestions page !!!
================================================================================
========
Hi

There are a lot of times that my friends ask questions about their problems in computer,
customization,unattended works,making multiboot cd/DVD's,and etc...

Most of the times the questions are easy but I should replay one question 10 times
and some times more to different friends.Because there are no books to talk about most
needed parts in windows.and mostly books are talking generally and shortly about
every thing.

A few mounths ago,when searching web,i got familiar by Boot Land .and realy it is
very very good for every one that wants to learn,teach and work by computer.

I desided to send the answers of my friends questions to this site.in this way ,for many
questions i can tell my friends to see bootLand utorial pages,and also other ones in the
world can learn many things.

The problem is this that there are a lot of questions,that need just few line answer.
and I do not know that can i put them as new topic or this kind of questions are not
the way that site administrators want.Because i see that most part of site is about
winbuilder projet and most of them about live xp.

unattended setup is part of winbuilder project , but i could not find any impotant tips
about that.and also customization ,the ways of making multiboot CD/DVD,and else.

I thought may be it was good to have another page in site by title as 'Your questions!!"
That every body can ask questions even not important over there.

When every body learn more,their will be more projects and more things todo.

i hope other members and web searchers will talk about what i said.

thank you
shirin

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:54 AM

Shirin,

I like what your proposing but not sure how this would be implemented and Boot-Land is (imo) already getting way too 'chopped up' into sub categories. It's becoming harder to find my way around the 'labyrinth' these days :thumbup: Others will have to chime in on this for a better concensus... In the meantime, there is a little 'trick' that might help you zero in on a specific post (within a topic). First use Google search with 'text highlighting' on to find the post you want, then click on the post # in the upper rt corner to get the link for that specific post; like this one which gives a little overview of the XP-SetupLauncher (unattended) utility in post #4.**

When I get time, I plan to write a little tutorial on this great tool and how all the files you need can be easily accessed from the same disk you boot from. Some info on this is already written up here, under Additional Options... Adding additional files to your build Hope it helps. :lol:

**Unfortunately, this doesn't work right now (just tried it), I'll have to add this the list here :thumbup:

#3 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

hi dear amalux

1.thank you for reply

2.I do not talk just about unattended works,I mean about general questions.
i think that All users does not like or even does not know about unattended works,winbuilder,
any kinds of live CD works.most of users just want litle customizations on their systems,or want
to do som simple (or some times hard ) changes on his used system.for example changing logon
pages image,changing boot screen logo,some registry tweaks,and else.
most of them did not even heard about projects and programs for working in system.

3.I am just one of newbi members of Boot Land site,i like this site,because there is most of
informations i want. and this is administraors of site that can manage as they think is better.

4.sorry for my english

thank you
shirin

#4 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

Hi Shirin :thumbup: ,

If I may be so bold & add my 2 cents worth here.

The Getting Started Section was introduced to address some of the issues in respect starters or beginners or indeed for those who are new to Boot-Land the projects, Winbuilder the scripts and so forth. My own personal observation is that Boot-Land is becoming incresingly diverse in the subject matter that is available & therefore has a tendency of being a little disfragmented. In a sense the wider the coverage of material the more pigeon holes you will need to cater for the subject matter.

The "Getting started" is essentially split into 2 areas, the tutorials section where hopefully we are trying to build a set of reference material that newcomers & existing members can access to either find background information on Winbuilder projects scripts and so forth. Advanced users can point to these items for reference to aid them in explanation of a given topic etc. Also what is probably needed is a FAQ where popular re-occurring questions are asked e.g. the top 50 or 100 to cut down on repetitive queries, however this is easier said than done in the respect that someone would have to trawl through the forums to establish the frequency of questions asked which is not an easy task?

The next section is called "Learn & Teach" & is set up for those starters who have tried the various projects within Winbuilder but still have specific questions that relate to their setup or to their particular set of circumstances surrounding the item they are working on.

The problem is that these two areas are still in their infancy & will take time to build up. You need a good foundation of reference material resources, a library if you like to understand the basics and gain an overview but in addition to that "Learn & teach" is a forum area that provides support to specifc questions or problems that a given user may encounter. In addition to these resources I think that individual self motivated research is encouraged & the search facility may throw light in areas where possibly the question may have been asked previously.

In my humble opinion I think the way the "Starters section" is setup needs further improvement with the addage "The three click rule" should be put into practice whereby the user only needs to perform 3 clicks of the mouse to get to the info he/she desires. This rule is only a guideline & must not be taken literally as there are times or instances where this cannot be achieved.

Boot-Land is forum orientated which is great for discussions chat and ad-hoc info but this needs to be balanced against other criteria e.g. tutorials downloads reference material where the web-sites you visit elsewhere on the net are configured differently! I am not saying that large scale changes need adopting but once we have the foundation material in place the internal structure of the "starters section may need reviewing.

So in summary I would suggest that users utilise the Tutorials section where they can for reference material & the Learn & Teach section to post questions if the information needed cannot be found within that area. If you feel that the questions are too technical for the learn & teach area then there is always the general forums under the appropriate headings etc.

I hope this goes someway in elviating some of the concerns that are being raised & yes I have to agree that we are not firing on all four cylinders yet. It is really a question of internal architecture forums for questions & reference areas for support. I am not at home at the moment on my own PC as I am visiting my parents so for the next day or so replies may be a bit dis-jointed.

Regards & Best Wishes,

ispy :lol:

#5 benxhi

benxhi

• Tutorial Writer
  • 87 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

hi dear amalux

1.thank you for reply

2.I do not talk just about unattended works,I mean about general questions.
i think that All users does not like or even does not know about unattended works,winbuilder,
any kinds of live CD works.most of users just want litle customizations on their systems,or want
to do som simple (or some times hard ) changes on his used system.for example changing logon
pages image,changing boot screen logo,some registry tweaks,and else.
most of them did not even heard about projects and programs for working in system.

3.I am just one of newbi members of Boot Land site,i like this site,because there is most of
informations i want. and this is administraors of site that can manage as they think is better.

4.sorry for my english

thank you
shirin

Hi Shirin.
If you want a windows xp setup with modified files (like boot-screens ) than visit this page :lol:
http://www.boot-land...t=30#entry34292
Firstly you should download UXP and than insert this script so that you can change the boot screen easily. :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users