2 replies to this topic

#1 maurelio79

maurelio79
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hi to everyone, i'm trying to apply an image of Vista installation winth imagex or gimagex with VistaPE, but i got this error:

ERROR: C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-imageanalysis_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_462555be2d3821c7\dbgeng.dll. [ResourceExtractToFileByStruct: (seq. 70) -> Incorrect hash while verifying hash] [err = 577]
ERROR: C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-imageanalysis_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_462555be2d3821c7\dbgeng.dll [err = 577]
ERROR: Error applying WIM.
ERROR: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

If i use a normal winPE i've no problem. Someone knows something about this?

Thanks very much

#2 maurelio79

maurelio79
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hi to everyone, i'm trying to apply an image of Vista installation winth imagex or gimagex with VistaPE, but i got this error:

If i use a normal winPE i've no problem. Someone knows something about this?

Thanks very much

Ok, if i uncheck the verify option i don't get the error, but i've to use diskpart because if i use DiskPartitioner after the reboot i've an error widht the disk

#3 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7188 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

Ok, if i uncheck the verify option i don't get the error, but i've to use diskpart because if i use DiskPartitioner after the reboot i've an error widht the disk

Just been working on this very issue for a few days now and I thought I would share my findings.
The problem in my case was with the BIOS which was using the top 1MB of memory which it reports to the OS (winPE) as being free for use. The result is that you get a corrupt WIM file when you use the /verify option (either Export or Apply). The solution in my case was very simple. I tried disabling all BIOS options (PnP, legacy USB, IDE compatible mode, EIST, PXE support, etc. ) and found it then worked 100% reliably. I tracked the problem down to just one BIOS setting - it was APIC = enabled.

On a 1Gb system, an imagex /apply /verify would fail at 2%, or 3% or 4% (never got further than 7%) - when I disabled APIC it went all the way through. Those with 2GB fitted failed about 50% of the time before I disabled the APIC.
Over 50 systems all showed the same problem and the first 2 I tried this on were magically fixed.

I guess ImageX is using memory buffers right at the top of memory and these are getting corrupted by the firmware/scratch area/interrupt stack ??? used by the APIC code. I proved this as follows on a 1GB system:

1. Disable APIC and run memory test - 1015MB detected and tested OK
2. Enable APIC and run memory test - 1015MB detected and hung!

I used the Gregoriev MemTest under DOS which I very very highly recommend and have used for over 10 years now and it is the BEST memory test, though you often need to specify the top of memory on the command line (MemTest86+ just passed in both APIC states!).

http://home.earthlin...oad/memtest.htm

Hope this helps someone!

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users