Diskmgmt And Penetcfg Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FFrozTT

FFrozTT
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:07 PM

I have been spending quite a bit of time getting MiniPE to work in an SDI image and I finally have it mostly working except for 1 problem.

1.) Diskmgmt.msc not working ("RPC Service is unavailable")

Diskmgmt troubleshooting:
Using mostly XPSP2 source. Other MMC apps are working fine and rpcss is started. I've "regsvr32 mmcndmgr.dll, and msxml3.dll". I have added all of the DcomLaunch stuff into reg as shown in many threads but I can't get the DcomLaunch service to start "the service is not responding to the control function". DcomLaunch is using "LocalSystem" as the logon. I can however get diskpart.exe to work only if I manually start the "Logical Disk" and "Logical Disk Management" service. Even then I get the same error in diskmgmt.msc. I have also made the "computername" to be MININT-JVC for all cases in the registry. When I run penetcfg it switches the name to BARTPE-xxxx even though I have setup penetcfg.ini to say MININT-JVC. Anyway, that is not the main problem, these problems occur even if I never run penetcfg.

As I understand it DcomLaunch's only dependancy is rpcss so I don't know why it wont start.

Stumped,

FFrozTT

#2 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:56 PM

Hi FFrozTT,
I have tried in the past to create a script for MMc but i have failed. Can you post this script?

John

#3 FFrozTT

FFrozTT
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

(OK I've eddited here)
I'm not exactly using a script for this. I am basically combining a Winbuilder Standard build with a working MiniPE ISO (which in and of itself will not work in SDI.) I don't have the script for MiniPE (never came across it.)

I think I'm pretty close here because MMC is working and so is diskpart.exe. I'm not really even sure why I need dcomlaunch because the original MiniPE ISO doesn't use that and it works.

I have a MMC script for PEBuilder that could be converted (Attached)

Attached Files

• Attached File  mmc.inf   104.29KB   539 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users