• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#1 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:51 AM

UPDATE, 11 Feb 2009: A new thread was started for a new series of pe21.

http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=58854

Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unzip the the two files to a folder ('pe21.001' is OK) inside Winbuilder's 'Projects' folder.

Original

22 Jan 09

However, the best way to get the project is to set up Winbuilder, select Winbuilder's Download Tab to open the Download Center, select the Servers Tab and click the little icon to 'Add a new web server' and type in 'pe2.winbuilder.net'.

-------------------------------------
23 Jan 09
UPDATE: Please note that pe21.002o is a beta release! The programs downloaded from the updated download links have not all been tested. For a start, the latest Freecommander has changed and is not functioning properly under pe21.

The last 'stable' release pe21.002m, and all earlier versions have some dead links, and will cause problems also. In other words, no project versions are fully functioning ATM. pe21.002o is the only project listed on the pe2.winbuilder.net server ATM.
-------------------------------------

You need the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) ISO file downloaded, burnt to DVD and installed on your system - prefrrably in the default 'Program Files' folder. And if you need a language other than en-US, you will need the 'Winpe_Langpacks' form the DVD that you burned with the downloaded WAIK .img/.iso.

WAIK v.1.0 is required for pe2.00x, and will build WinPE 2.0. WAIK v.1.1 is required for pe21.00x, and will build WinPE 2.1.

You will also need Winbuilder, of course. ... :thumbsup: ...

In Winbuilder Scripts, expand the the 'pe21.00x' folder and click on 'pe21.script' to configure.

IMPORTANT NOTE. Make sure that there is a folder named 'ISO' inside Winbuilder's main directory, alongside 'Projects\' and winbuilder.exe. If not, you will need to create one.

... click here to read about the evolution of this Project.

... some info about how it works ...

Adjustments to pe2's registry are made by copying a hive to a 'config\' folder inside the 'Projects\' folder and loading it from there. I had problems trying to load the hive while it was still in the mounted target directory.

For customized emergeDesktop Settings, the 'config\' folder containing pe2's Default Hive is moved back to the target after the emergeDesktop settings are applied. The FBWF Setting uses the same method with pe2's System Hive when a size other than the default 32 MB is selected. Selecting the 'Malware Removal Kit' will also cause registry adjustment of the FBWF to 96 MB.

Without the custom settings, emergeDesktop would present its default, which is not too bad if you like square taskbars and system trays.

Members of the emergeDesktop forum have reported mixed results with x64.

WinPE's default cmd shell should work if all else fails - in which case, pe2 will set Environment Paths to 'WAIK Tools\' and 'Servicing\', etc, rather than creating shortcuts.

Also, bbLean may be selected as the shell. It downloads from the web and is extracted to pe2's target directory without any customization. It's pretty good straight out of the box. The main issue with bbLean is that items in the startup folder run twice under Vista/WinPe 2.0. pe2 uses shortcuts in the startup folder to run 'startnet.cmd'. When bbLean boots, two cmd windows appear - one saying it is doing something like 'Installing and Starting WimFltr', while the other is saying that it has already been done. A bit confusing, but no real problem, except it takes a bit longer for the startup process to finish.

When either emergeDesktop or bbLean are selected as the shell, pe2 also installs FreeCommander (File Manager) and Opera (Web Browser). Other Apps to choose from are in a scrollable checklist, and will be installed even when cmd is chosen as the shell.

Winbuilder's 'WebGetIfNotExist' is used for all Apps (other than PE Tools in the WAIK and Ghost) - so be online when the project is running. If the file fails to download, a .vbs error may occur when unzip_script.vbs does not find anything to unzip. This was earlier reported by paraglider, and I forgot to put in the 'If,Online' statements... oops! Will be corrected in next version.

If Ghost is selected, you will need to place your ghost executables inside a '...\winbuilder\Projects\pe2ArchiveDir\Ghost\' folder.

The folder structure of 'Windows AIK\' looks like it is set up for any Architecture... x86, ia64, amd64... same tools in different folders (maybe some differences). The building process of pe2 uses tools from the WAIK - imagex, peimg and oscdimg- and chooses the tools according to what is listed in your registry as %Processor_Architecture% (Nuno showed me how to do that. ... :tabletalk: ...)

However, in addition to one large .cab (from which the main body of the WAIK is installed), there are some smaller .msi installers for each Architecture. I only have x86, so, I have no idea what are the differences between each WAIK setup. Maybe this is a problem.

Also, the WAIK comes supplied with three winpe.wim files... one for each Architecture, and they are all installed with the WAIK on whatever platform. In the Winbuilder Interface for pe2, there is a dropdown labelled 'pe2 Architecture'. This will determine which of the three winpe.wim files will be used to build pe2; and if any pe tools are selected for inclusion in pe2, they will be copied from the matching tools folders in the WAIK.

Imagex/GImageX and 'Servicing' (pkgmgr, etc) can be be individually selected to run from RAM or not. peimg.exe will follow 'Servicing', if it is selected, because of dependencies (maybe not for the new WinPE 2.1?).

Selecting 'Apps from RAM' will make all additional applications run from RAM - otherwise, they are all run from media ... KompoZer and SpyBot-S&D struggle when 'Apps from RAM' is not selected ... 'XAMPP\' is always in the root of 'x:\' (RAM).

Shortcuts for command-line executables have the '/?|more' switch to display the help screen by default. wdsmcast.exe does not seem to accept the '|more' switch - so, it jumps over the help screen and disappears. The working directory from the shortcuts is set to the executable's directory. cmd-line imagex.exe uses diddy's menu cmds - it is necessary to firstly choose 'edit this file', and enter the path to the .wim and mount point.

... I haven't had time to use any of the new pe tools ... vsp1cln.exe doesn't seem to do anything, probably because I don't have Vista SP1 for it to clean up.

And don't forget to be online when the project is running. The whole project is less than 80 KB to start with. Those Apps have got to come from somewhere! ... :D ... After downloading, they are stored in 'Projects/pe2ArchiveDir/', so next time the project is run, it will be a lot quicker. The download links are hardcoded in the scripts, and are subject to change, so let us know if any of the links vanish. Virus definitions usually keep the same URL, so the best way to update them is to delete existing Archive/File from pe2ArchiveDir\, which will force the download of a fresh Archive/File.

Have fun. :D

... and some credits ...

Thanks to diddy for the imagex menu cmd.
Thanks to jaclaz for help with the external-drive-letter cmd.
Thanks to Jonathan Bennett, the developer of GImageX.
Thanks to Rob van der Woude and 'Hey, Scripting Guys' for .vbs scripting.
Thanks to the developers of the following Programs:

Ghost - 'the industry's most widely-used corporate imaging, deployment and system management solution.' (You need to find your own Ghost files, and place them inside '...\winbuilder\Projects\pe2ArchiveDir\Ghost\').

'XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl.'

KompoZer is a complete web authoring system... designed to be extremely easy to use.

System Spec is 'a utility to produce a specification of your system's hardware and software.'

Drive Manager - 'If you have lots of drive letters of different types of drives...'

XP-Key-Reader - 'reading the XP-Installation Key from Local or Remote Windows, to change local key.'

SysInternals Suite - contains the individual troubleshooting tools and help files.

WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for Microsoft Windows.

xCHM is an open source GUI front-end for CHMLIB (a viewer for Microsoft Compressed HTML Help files).

WindowsGate for accessing any local users accounts without password knowing.

Malware Removal Kit - MS Malware Removal Tool, McAfee Stinger, avast! Virus Cleaner, SpyBot - S & D.

Dependency Walker builds a hierarchical tree diagram of all dependent modules.

BETA! Dual Boot XP and WinPE 2 from the same partition. 'Oh, the Problems You'll Solve.' Run it from a booted pe12. (Read about it here. Note, if you try to apply this from booted pe21, and you have Vista/Server2008 on 'C:\', you'll be in trouble! I sure was! XP is needed on 'C:\')

Thanks to MS, and Thanks to Nuno!

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:49 AM

I like that Thanks! Reply thing option on the forum.

Thanks! for the project.

#3 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:18 AM

I like that Thanks! Reply thing option on the forum.

Thanks for the Thanks!

I won't click the 'Thanks' button, though... because then you might Thank me for Thanking you for Thanking me... ... :thumbsup: ...

... sorry I didn't do your request to expand the size of scrollable checklist of Apps. I was wondering if I can access and use the dimensions of the Winbuilder Window from winbuilder.ini... but I don't think it could dynamically resize the checklist.

Please let me know of any bugs. I can't test every aspect.

Regards :tabletalk:

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

I'm downloading the AIK (takes a while) and will try out this project right away.

One suggestion: Add winbuilder.exe along with the Projects folder and configured web server on winbuilder.ini so that new users can click and try without confusions about where to place the files.

:thumbsup:

#5 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

I'm downloading the AIK (takes a while) and will try out this project right away.

Nuno, I am glad you are trying it out.

Someone said on another forum that the only good thing about the release of Vista was the free WinPE 2.0!

I hope that the download links in pe2 are still current.

:thumbsup:

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hi again!

Yes, that's likely one of the biggest advantages - we are witnessing a massive improving over WinPE 1.x and best of all is that it comes free of charge.. :thumbsup:

Don't know if your download links are current but beware that for downloading the older WAIK it was asking users to install windows genuine advantage (not a problem on my case of course but I really hate having such controlling measures on my machine)

To download the Vista AIK it was not required such dramatic action.

:tabletalk:

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

Hi Allan!

Finished downloading the Windows AIK.

My first test results weren't very positive. I am using a Vista Home Edition on a x64 AMD Turion CPU.
  • The first time I tried building it would complain about some .vbs errors.
  • For the second time I noticed it wanted to download a few packages from the web so I got online and it was possible to download everything that was required.
  • Third time I noticed the option for AMD64 inside the interface and I went ahead to try it but it wouldn't allow to continue.

No ISO got outputted in any case.

Used a folder PE21 on the root of a partition where windows was not installed.

Attached File  log.7z   7.2KB   657 downloads

------------------------------------

Solution:

I made a folder called ISO and this finally solved the ISO file creation issue - you need to ensure that %ISODir% really exists.

My ISO was created and I tested with Virtual Box - which gave an error because the emulator didn't supported 64bit cpu emulation.

Tried again but this time with x86 selected and this time it loaded the bar all the way until the end but it got stuck there.

The error outputted by Unzip_Script.vbs is on line 4

Necessary object: Shell.NameSpace(...)

Even after this error, the image still got built correctly (and quickly I might add)

It took a bit long to load on virtual box but it was working nevertheless.

-------------

Also tested PE21 under Windows XP and was also working after I add the missing ISO folder.

---------------------------

Also:
Is it possible to produce some documentation? :thumbup:

• Would be good to know what are our options to tweak inside the project
  • What we should do to create the boot disk
  • Recommendations
  • Possible bugs that may occur
  • Explain that the user needs to be online to download the needed packages
  • Detail the build process so that others now what it will do

The first topic mentions well the apps that are included but I am unsure on what steps to take after the initial project download.. :thumbup:

-----------------------

The part of downloading a 1Gb package to install the AIK was a bit boring but afterwards it is a very simple and straightforward process to use your project.

It has a lot of potential indeed since we can quickly build with one click.

Good work! :lol:

#8 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

Nuno, can you see if PE2_Default is still loaded in your registry. Also is 'config\' folder in'...\winbuilder\projects\'? Can you delete it or move it? It seems stuck from your log.

Thanks for finally testing. I'll fix the other issues. :lol:

#9 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

updated first post...

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

Great! Please update the first topic so that this good info doesn't get lost! :lol:

I liked the speed of the overall rebuild, the emerge desktop also appeared good - will try soon with more options.

:thumbup:

#11 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:31 AM

1.JPG
No text on PCheckBox4

2.JPG
Maybe by default there shouldnt be a path. I think I will get an error if I leave it.

3.jpg
I reived this error when building.

Another error .
4.jpg

I remember automatic downloading of Driver Packs. They seem to be in the previous pe2ArchiveDir.

Some suggestion for better usage in future.

Can you add an option to not have to press a key to boot into the PE.
Add shortcut to Task Manager in the Quicklaunch.
Add a way to change resolution.

Use a different name for Project since its going mainstream.
WAIKpe2 or something similar to give the user an Idea of Project its based on.

Seperate the Project from the Programs and the added Support Packages.
That way there can be space for explanations to what each option does. For now im mostly
selecting all options that I find interesting.

For example follow a similar path as other projects. Breaking down each piece and explaining what to expect when selecting a certain option.
Example
The top of the project when clicked tells the user what the project is and how to use it.

That way the overall Ui will not have to be cramped with the list of programs at the bottom. Does the project allow for addition of other apps using the API. If not it would be a good thing to achieve so that this can be an alternative to the other methods of building a PE and being able to include Programs created for the other projects. This way you dont have to update a program when its updated if someone else already created a Universal API program for all projects.

When bootin up and going into UI. Gimagex.exe error.
5.jpg

So far this looks promising.
6.jpg

#12 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:18 AM

TheHive,

Your feedback is always well appreciated by everyone here at boot-land. Thank you.
Everything you have said will be taken on board and dealt with in future versions.

For now...
[quote name='TheHive' post='33633' date='Apr 19 2008, 03:31 PM']No text on PCheckBox4[/quote]
It's a dummy checkbox. I had an idea to allow the selection of an option to create the project so that it runs entirely from CD for those with limited RAM...

[quote]Maybe by default there shouldnt be a path. I think I will get an error if I leave it.[/quote]
It was there as sample rather than default. That error will occur only if the left-hand side checkbox, 'Add Language', is checked and the path is wrong or does not exist. The right-hand side folder icon should be clicked and a 'browse for folder' dialogue will appear allowing navigation to the 'Winpe_Langpacks/' folder which is on the WAIK Installation DVD which is burnt from the downloaded WAIK .img/.iso... I recommend that the 'Winpe_Langpacks/' folder be copied from the DVD to HDD if a language is required, and the path be entered into the filebox by browsing to it.

[quote]Another error...[/quote]

That error occurs when the Archive to unzip is not found. All Apps (apart from those in the WAIK) are downloaded via hardcoded URLs in the scripts. Maybe a link has gone dead?

[quote]I remember automatic downloading of Driver Packs. They seem to be in the previous pe2ArchiveDir.[/quote]
? I haven't used any Drivers Packs before. I did have another 'sample' path to 'c:\myDrivers' I think it was - for the '-Or select a folder with multiple .inf files' filebox. This folder needs to be a home-made from full extracted individual driver sets including .inf files.

[quote]
Some suggestion for better usage in future.
[\quote]

Excellent suggestions... I'll continue my response a little bit later on...

Regards :lol:

#13 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

... continuation ...

Can you add an option to not have to press a key to boot into the PE.
Add shortcut to Task Manager in the Quicklaunch.

Those shouldn't be a problem. :lol:

Add a way to change resolution.

I like the idea, but I am not sure about it. What is the best way to set resolution at boot-time? and adjust the registry entries for the emergeDesktop Bars?

Use a different name for Project since its going mainstream.
WAIKpe2 or something similar to give the user an Idea of Project its based on.

hmm... not sure about this one either. You are right, but I don't really like the acronym, 'WAIK'.

Seperate the Project from the Programs and the added Support Packages.
That way the overall Ui will not have to be cramped with the list of programs at the bottom.

Yes! A very good idea! This something I would like to achieve for the next version.

Does the project allow for addition of other apps using the API.

No, it doesn't. I have looked at it and some API Commands would be easy to implement, others would be very difficult. For example, the syntax for creation of standard startmenu shortcuts is almost identical, but I don't know if emergeDesktop can have desktop icons.

Another example... The other major projects are able to copy system files as required from the Source with 'require_file'. In contrast, this project uses the whole Source to start with... there are no more files from the Source! Files can be picked up from the Host System, and some additional files are installed with the optional packages like HTA, WMI, MSXML, etc - it would take same comparison between builds to determine which files are added by the packages. I suppose, a 'require_file' API command could trigger the installation of the appropriate package. There would be ways to get around most difficulties.

Certainly, there are quite a few App Program scripts that I would like to simply plug in... However, in general, I cannot see that it can work without a lot of error traps to catch API Commands that cannot be properly implemented. It would slow the build process.

Feel free to add an App to the list. Just need an official direct download link to an Archive/Installer that is not to hard to extract. Remember that WinPE is a writeable OS, and many program executables can configure themselves to their default setup, which I actually prefer.

#14 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

Another error .
4.jpg
When bootin up and going into UI. Gimagex.exe error.
5.jpg

These errors relate to the URL for the download of GImageX. Currently:

http://www.autoitscr...gex/gimagex.zip

It seems that the download works but the file is not saved, and so there is nothing to unzip to the project's target.

The proper URL is in the following replacement line:

WebGetIfNotExist,"http://www.autoitscript.com/files/gimagex/gimagex.zip","%pe2ArchiveDir%\gimagex.zip"

Copy and paste it into the [GImageX] Section of the 'pe21.001\script.project' file, which can be edited in winbuilder or notepad. Overwrite the existing 'WebGetIfNotExist...' line.

With all Applications that are to be downloaded, an alternative is to copy the archive/installer to the 'pe2ArchiveDir\' folder. The FileName of the archive/file being copied needs to match the FileName in the URL in the script.

Some other things to note....

Seeing the 'DualBootXP' shortcut in the screenshot reminded me to make another warning. Unless you know what you are doing, do not run this with Vista/Server2008 on the c:\ partition. There will be a prompt asking you to delete 'c:\boot\'. That's OK, except it will be rebuilt to look for NTLDR which was never there in the first place.

The emergeDesktop Launcher (like QuickLaunch) does not have a setting for the Window Size of the launched App. It will go to the default/restore size. For FreeCommander, this is too large and covers the emergeDesktop Bars. FreeCommander from the Start Menu goes to max size which does not cover the Bars.

It takes a long time to create the SysInternals Suite shortcuts at boot-time. There are almost 45 shortcuts, and the shortcut script searches through the drive letters for each and every shortcut.

I'll post more as things come to mind.

Regards :lol:

#15 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

I just have had a look into your script to see what happens.

Question:
It that correct?
[SysIntProgs]

If,#1,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,#7,#8,#9

If,#2,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,#7,#8,#9

If,#2,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,#7,#8

If,#2,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,#7

If,#2,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6

If,#2,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#2,#3,#4,#5

If,#2,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#2,#3,#4

If,#2,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#2,#3

If,#2,NotEqual,"",Run,%ScriptFile%,SysIntShtCuts,#2

Peter

#16 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

I will help with app scripts support.

Whenever a command (such as shortcut on desktop) is not possible it will be ignored or use the best alternative option available (on this case ignore would be better).

On require_file this is something that should check if the Windows folder on the target folder has the "required" file otherwise get it from the local windows folder.

Your project is very nifty - keep it up! :lol:

#17 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

It that correct?

I believe so. Forty 32-bit Sysinternal Apps including help files, and forty shortcuts created at boot-time from a single line of 'effective' code:

TxtAddLine,"%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd","call#$sDriveLetter.cmd#$s#$qPrograms\SysInternalsSuite\ [break]#1#$q#$s#$q#$q#$s#$qProgram#$sFiles\SysInternalsSuite\#1#$q#$s#$q#$q#$s#$q#$q#$s#$q#1#$q#$s#$q#$q#$s#$q1#$q","Append"

I'll re-build, boot up and count them just to make sure...

#18 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

I believe so.

Sorry Allanf, you are right!
But the code looked so strange with the repeatin #2! :lol:

Peter

#19 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:22 PM

But the code looked so strange with the repeatin #2! :lol:

To be honest, the system was developed thorugh trial-and-error. If you can provide a logical explanation, I'd be happy.

BTW, This page is so wide, its falling off the edge of my desk.... :thumbup: ...
EDIT: Had to shorten [break] that line of code in the previous codebox.

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:41 PM

To be honest, the system was developed thorugh trial-and-error. If you can provide a logical explanation, I'd be happy.

Yes, that's easy. When I logically looked at the (previously 'visually bad') snippet:
A line like
Run,%ScriptFile%,section,#2,#3, ...
is passed to the script engine with
  • #2 as first argument becoming #1
  • #3 as ...
Therefore when coming back from the actual 'Run, ...' the previous #2 is now #1 etc..

And for your 'loop' it is used and obsolete. Therfore the next part of you loop has to be done with #2 as first argument.

I know that I'm not good teacher.And I hope that you understood in spite of that?

Peter

BTW for .script developers who do not know this right now: #? which you do not pass to a 'Run' to a run are lost!
Therefore, if you have #1 and #2 defined, code like
Run,%ScriptFile%,myprog,#1

Run,%ScriptFile%,yourprog,#2
will pass an empty string to yourprog, regardless of the contents of #2 when you entered the snippet.
Therefore you always have to add possible #? in your 'Run' line, even if they actually are not used.

#21 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

Well, I'm happy with your BTW information. :lol:

But not convinced by your attempt to teach....

Still happy though!

#22 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

Thanks for the comments and looking forward to the updates on the project.
If the base can be worked on to better the API situation. It would benefit this project alot.

As a teacher said "Build the house starting with the the basement rather than with the roof! But always have in mind how the roof should be made!"

You can probably run a suggestions Thread for Project Name.

#23 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:30 AM

I will help with app scripts support.

Whenever a command (such as shortcut on desktop) is not possible it will be ignored or use the best alternative option available (on this case ignore would be better).

On require_file this is something that should check if the Windows folder on the target folder has the "required" file otherwise get it from the local windows folder.

Your project is very nifty - keep it up! :lol:

Thanks. Can I get a star back? ... just one! ... :thumbup: ...

Do you have an idea how to make the API optional - only used when someone would like to plug in an App Program Script?

My idea for require_file would be to firstly check against lists of files that are available from each of the optional PE packages, and if found, have the whole package properly installed by peimg.

Too much to think about....

Regards :thumbup:

#24 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

TheHive,

It's a dummy checkbox. I had an idea to allow the selection of an option to create the project so that it runs entirely from CD for those with limited RAM...

Hi,

how about to change to BootFIX?

pe21.script:
If,"%pCheckBox4%",Equal,"True",Run,"%ProjectDir%\script.project",BootFIX

script.project:
[BootFIX]
If,ExistFile,"%BaseDir%\Temp\pe2\ISO\boot\bootfix.bin",FileDelete,"%BaseDir%\Temp\pe2\ISO\boot\bootfix.bin"

my fist modification ;o)

#25 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

how about to change to BootFIX?

Excellent. TheHive will be happy!

It's done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users