#1 enli

enli

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

Hello..

M new to winebuilder and i spent last day browsing the information about winebuilder and different environment. I would like to use LiveXP to make a customized cd with my favourite applications.

I went through some posts in this topic and already downloaded the videos and the required makescript.
But one thing i couldnt figure out how did the user in the video created the folder structures .. that included the file structures including the .inf files.

Will any1 be kind to point me in the correct direction / working tutorial for the newbies?

Thanks
EnLi

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

Hello..

M new to winebuilder and i spent last day browsing the information about winebuilder and different environment. I would like to use LiveXP to make a customized cd with my favourite applications.

I went through some posts in this topic and already downloaded the videos and the required makescript.
But one thing i couldnt figure out how did the user in the video created the folder structures .. that included the file structures including the .inf files.

Will any1 be kind to point me in the correct direction / working tutorial for the newbies?

Thanks
EnLi

EnLi, welcome to the forum!

The only thing required is WinBuilder.exe, alone, in a folder at the root of your drive (C:). See if this tutorial helps, it gives two methods; the first is pre-configured for you, just download the self-extracting archive. The second walks you through the regular method. Good luck!

#3 enli

enli

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

Thanks amalux..

But i already have went thorugh your post and i had working LiveXp CD which was booting nicely .. before i posted new topic.

I want to learn how to add my own addons to my build. I would like to add Kaspersky Antivirus 7 and some other my favourite applications which are not available in the servers of livexp nor on nativexs. I see they are availalbe in Vistape.. but i would like to use XP.

I couldnt find a tutorial for the same purpose on the web nor in this forum..which could teach how to build addons from scratch and cover every basic. I hope you will point me in the correct direction to how to build my own addons. If there isnt any tutorial, how about u take an initiative to make one :thumbsup:

(I used makescript to make ccleaner addon but it seems that it requires some registry keys in order to work and i dont want to add registry keys in the script manually each time . I guess there must be another tools to automate this process.)

Regards and waiting for reply
EnLi

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

Don't worry enli - I will start writing the tutorial right now.

Please help me and give some feedback whenever you see something that isn't clear to understand and I'll correct as needed.

:thumbsup:

#5 enli

enli

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Cheers :thumbsup:

Will check for updates in 8 hours ..

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

Hi enli,

I came here because I looked to your profile when answering a different topic

For me it looks that you not only want to use WinBuilder with one of it's project.
You seem to be interested in understanding and building your own PE.

My suggestion:
Start with 'nearly zero' and build addons.

The 'nearly zero' is the project which is the base for LiveXP: 'nativeEx_barebone'.

As the name tells, this project contains only a very fundamental version of a PE, which just boots the PE and has some fundamental apps like notepad, taskmanager.

Everything else you have to add into your project.

But (makes live much more easier) you can add every (?) LiveXP app script.

In my opinion within some weeks we will have a new .script developer.

Good luck

Peter

#7 enli

enli

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

hi psc..

Thats right.. I would like to make my own scripts.

I have finished modifying Acronis True image 10 script (was made for vista by booty) which is working in LiveXp .

There were lots of confusions i underwent as winbuilder seriously is lacking the documentation [updated] . The script "OO defrag " i was referring to learn was using the latest api and i couldnt find information in the forum .

I hope Nuno Brito will be soon finished with the Tutorial for newbies.

I m doing computer engineering and exams are approaching fast. In vacations ( maybe after a month ) i will be more active and willing to contribute to this great community.

Regards
EnLi

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

Let me do some kidding

I hope Nuno Brito will be soon finished with the Tutorial for newbies.

Nuno is a developer like me and several others here.

And a developer does not like to write documentation.
Whenever there is a technical issue like an bug or feature to be enhanced, the documentation gets the lower priority.

A developing person having the documentation in high priority, is not a real developer. He / she is a marketing people with (may be excellent) developing ability. :thumbsup:

(Nuno seems to be a bit an exception. He writes excellent docs besides having and performing excellent developer ideas. Perhaps he is in the middle between dev and market :tabletalk: )

Maybe you try to 'write' your own tutorial by trying and watching the results. I think you have the power to do so.
Whenever you have a question, I'm ready to answer (See below: 'There are never stupid questions ...')

Peter

#9 enli

enli

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

You are absolutely right .developers / programmers dont like to do documentation by themselves

Yeah i will be eager to write tutorial for newbs as i learn new things. And i guess i can better picture the difficulties faced by newbies than Nuno ..no offence pal :thumbsup:
But i need to focus on my studies untill june . But i promise i will do write tutorial when my exams are over and i m free again : )

Cheers
EnLi

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

And i guess i can better picture the difficulties faced by newbies than Nuno ..no offence pal :D

I heard that! :thumbsup:

But I also admit that it is completely true and our current weakness is the lack of acessible documentation that teaches to others how to use scripts and this makes them very scary to write. :tabletalk:

But things are changing, ispy, amalux and other members are doing a great work to solve this dilemma.

And as mentioned above, I've also began putting to paper some explanations to better explain app scripts - if you have time please visit them and say what should be added / modified in your opinion so that the tutorial can really teach how things get done.

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4415

Good luck with your studies.

Be well.. :D

#11 enli

enli

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:42 AM

Thanks Nuno Brito .

And yes dont forget to add Savebase and restorbase guide in your tutorial . That was the best part i discovered and saves a considerable amount of time for any script developer .

Regards
EnLi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users