Photo
- - - - -

Are there other choices in network script?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cdd

cdd

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

I am having problem starting network on one of my computers. Are there any other network starting scipts besides PENetwork that is included with the project?

Has anyone converted a Bartpe network plugin such as "PEnetcfg" to a Winbuilder script?

If not, is it difficult for a newbie, with the help of some tool, to do it?

#2 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

Hi Cdd :thumbsup: ,

Here is a link in repect of VistaPE, me thinks in respect of PENetCfg. It might give you some back ground info & the names of people who have worked on this?

http://www.boot-land...opic=1726&st=20

Sorry about interfering here with this post but networking is currently of interest to me!

Regards,

ispy :tabletalk:

#3 cdd

cdd

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hi Cdd :thumbsup: ,

Here is a link in repect of VistaPE, me thinks in respect of PENetCfg. It might give you some back ground info & the names of people who have worked on this?

http://www.boot-land...opic=1726&st=20

Sorry about interfering here with this post but networking is currently of interest to me!

Regards,

ispy :tabletalk:

ispy,

Thank you very much for the link. I'll take a look, hopefully I will find something that works for my pc.

#4 cdd

cdd

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:34 AM

I have just downloaded the PENetcfg script from Vistape site and put the script in my LiveXP project. An error message came up "IniRead - Failed to find file: [%VistaInfo%]"
Looking at the content of the script, it appears that the script is trying to copy info from the Vista DVD.

I am not a programmer, not sure how to convert this Vista script for WinXP. It could be a simple change. The script was by martinr & NightMan. Can anyone help?

PENetcfg.script is attached

Attached Files

#5 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:55 AM

Does Thuun's script work for you: http://thuun.boot-la.../NetCore.script

Regards,
Galapo.

#6 cdd

cdd

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:21 AM

Does Thuun's script work for you: http://thuun.boot-la.../NetCore.script

Regards,
Galapo.

Galapo,

Thank you for the link. I put the script in my LiveXP project and rebuild it. The resulting CD with Thuun's script behaves the same as PENetwork CD; network won't start on the pc.

I don't know why PENetcfg in Bartpe CDs work flawlessly with the pc.

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

Galapo,

Thank you for the link. I put the script in my LiveXP project and rebuild it. The resulting CD with Thuun's script behaves the same as PENetwork CD; network won't start on the pc.

I don't know why PENetcfg in Bartpe CDs work flawlessly with the pc.

If a plugin works in BartPE, it is not automatically made sure that it works in WinBuilder, too.

In BartPE 'everything' like hives, names etc. is predefined.
Sample: Maybe that a pugin is looking for some English named file path. If you use this plugin in WinBuilder, maybe you do not have this path if you use a non English source CD.

I think the background of your question is your SIS driver where Holger already gave you the 'manual' solution.

The only thing you have to do is to port this solution into a WinBuilder Driver Script.

Peter

#8 cdd

cdd

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

I think the background of your question is your SIS driver where Holger already gave you the 'manual' solution.

It was done and it worked. This solution is only for one particular pc. I need to use the CD for many PCs and may run into similar problem with different NIC cards. So the manual solution is of no help for general cases.

The only thing you have to do is to port this solution into a WinBuilder Driver Script.

If there is a solution is for general cases (ie not just for SIS NIC card), it will be the best solution. Unfortunately I am not at the skill level that I can do that myself.

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

It was done and it worked. This solution is only for one particular pc. I need to use the CD for many PCs and may run into similar problem with different NIC cards. So the manual solution is of no help for general cases.

If there is a solution is for general cases (ie not just for SIS NIC card), it will be the best solution. Unfortunately I am not at the skill level that I can do that myself.

With the current WinBulder scripts it cannot be done.
Here are 'fixed' folders inf, system32, system32\drivers served which are valid for most drivers.

I can have a look ito hostNic whether additional directories like in the SIS case, can be handled.
Maybe Holger does the same in his new PENetwork he is working with.

Peter

BTW: Of course it is possible to write an individual script for every NIC which is not handled by the 'standard'.

#10 cdd

cdd

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

I can have a look ito hostNic whether additional directories like in the SIS case, can be handled.
Maybe Holger does the same in his new PENetwork he is working with.
BTW: Of course it is possible to write an individual script for every NIC which is not handled by the 'standard'.

Thank you for trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users