Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Can Regedit edit the local C drive registry?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 hoody

hoody

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:27 AM

Look for the Current value in HKLM\System\Select to find the index that corresponds to the currentcontrolset in the remote registry

Thanks. It worked. However, it is not that convenient. For example, I have a .reg file saved from Windows XP and wanted to import into CurrentControlSet. In VistaPE it does not have this entry. Then I have to modified the .reg file to map it to ControlSet1.

I am wondering why VistaPE does not have this entry. EDR commander has this entry.

Best regards,
Hoody

#27 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:39 AM

Open up the .reg file in a txt editor. Then do a find-and-replace.

Regards,
Galapo.

#28 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1739 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

This is nothing to do with VistaPE. Runscanner fools regedit into only showing certain registry keys and hiding others. This registry redirection and regenum tweaking only happens at one level in the registry tree or when keys are opened relative to the root. Its using the standard version of regedit.

ERD commander has a specially written version of regedit which understands the environment its running under and hence can show a fake currentcontrolset.

Ruscanner will redirect references to currentcontrolset to the correct controlset branch so you should be able to use runscanner to run regedit to apply the reg file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users