#1 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

What do you think of this script, can you help me Nuno Brito to make a good script. It's a debut...Attached File  Wallpaper_changer.7z   630.21KB   392 downloads

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10565 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

Sure, no problem.

I've made a script (didn't tested) that you can use as example: Attached File  Wallpaper.script   821.21KB   685 downloads

Your work is looking good, only a typo when you placed a command on the [variables] section and using a static system32 path.

Look on the commands that were used, the only difference is that I used %target_sys% since it will point to whatever "system32" equivalent folder is defined on the variables of the project.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

#3 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

I modified my script, this somebody could give me a return onto its installation...

Attached Files

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10565 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

What have you changed?

Would you post a screenshot of the program?

I've tried running on my Vista machine but it wouldn't run - will try soon under VistaPE.

:thumbsup:

#5 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

That is my vistape DVD built standard:
Windows Media Sidebar work good, http://www.boot-land.../attach_add.png
Windows media Player 11 don't work, http://www.boot-land.../attach_add.png
Windows Media Gallery don't work,
Wallpaper changer work,http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_images/nexus1206480901/folder_attach_images/attach_add.pnghttp://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_images/nexus1206480901/folder_attach_images/attach_add.png
Yahoo Widget work...http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_images/nexus1206480901/folder_attach_images/attach_add.png
Virtual PC 2007 work,http://www.boot-land.net/forums/style_images/nexus1206480901/folder_attach_images/attach_add.png

If maybe a user of vistape can help me to create this scripts, thank you

Attached Thumbnails

• capture1.JPG
  • capture2.JPG
  • capture3.JPG
  • capture4.JPG
  • capture5.JPG
  • capture.JPG

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10565 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

Very cool pics!!!! :tabletalk:

Please upload them to here: http://www.boot-land...php?ind=gallery

Or use the forum section: http://www.boot-land...nshots-f25.html

What help to you need to write scripts?

I can help you understand how to get things done if you wish.

:thumbsup:

#7 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:04 PM

Thanks Nuno Brito for reply; Sorry I did not know this link towards screen shots.
I wish know how to add a .reg file to the starting up or to associate a file reg in the base of registe of vista directly.(RegAddBoot command ?)
I also wish know every copy/to stick towards directory system32 / programs files / programs data/...
I wish create all this scripts virtual pc, sidebar, WMP11, Yahoo widget...
Thank you still for all your answers...

#8 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:58 AM

Thanks Nuno Brito for reply; Sorry I did not know this link towards screen shots.
I wish know how to add a .reg file to the starting up or to associate a file reg in the base of registe of vista directly.(RegAddBoot command ?)

Usually you do not add a .reg file; you translate it to script commands and put them in your script. There are utilities that translate a .reg file into old-style script syntax; any editor with search-and-replace can translate that to new script syntax. I do not know where to find these utilities. Nuno probably does know.

RegAddBoot does not add the contents of a file. It adds a single item. It is used when the value of the item is not known when you are building VistaPE. This is necessary because the drive letter of the CD on which the Programs directory is built is not known until after booting; it will be the first available drive letter, but that could be E: (on many systems with one hard disk and one optical drive) or anything else, for example M: (on my system with four disk partitions, three optical drives, and four card slots). For example, if you need to put the value of the path to a program's directory (a common task) and you are not running it from RAM, you need RegAddBoot because you don't know the drive letter. For Spybot Search & Destroy:

RegAddBoot,"HKCU",0x1,"Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD","Path","%PE_Programs%\SpybotSD\"

The syntax is straightforward: RegAddBoot,<HiveName>,<ValueType>,<Key>,<ValueLabel>,<Value>. The global variables such as %PE_PROGRAMS% and their uses are listed at Global Variables.

For registry entries that are known before boot time, you issue a command to mount the appropriate hive, then enter values one by one, then unmount the hive. The command to mount a hive is:

Hive_Load,<HiveName>

where <HiveName> is "HKCU" for HKEY_Current_User, "HKU" for HKEY_Local_Machine\Software, or "HKLM" for HKEY_Local_Machine\System. (I think that those names were poorly chosen, but that is the way that it is). The command to unmount a hive is:

Hive_Unload,<HiveName>

In between, you add items with RegAdd. The syntax is:

RegAdd,<ValueType>,%reg%\<Key>,<ValueLabel>,<Value>

For example, the lines:

Hive_Load,"HKCU"
Reg_Add,0x4,"%reg%\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD","WizardRun","1"
Reg_Add,0x1,"%reg%\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD","Language","English"
Reg_Add,0x2,"%reg%\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD","System","%SystemRoot%\System32
Hive_Unload,"HKCU"

add a DWORD value named WizardRun, a string (REG_SZ) value named Language, and a stgring-to-be-expanded (REG_EXPAND_SZ) value named System to the HKCU\Software\Safer Networking key.

I also wish know every copy/to stick towards directory system32 / programs files / programs data/...

In VistaPE, <CD>:\Programs\<Folder> is where most programs are stored. Programs run from RAM (using the RunFromRam script directive) are put in Boot.wim in the X:\Program Files\<Folder> directory.

Program data is a tricky one. I think I recall some discussion of exactly how to handle that, but I do not remember where, and I think the issue is not completely solved.

Probably the best way to handle files is to separate your files into different folders in the script by where they are going. In WinBuilder, select your script in the left pane and click the wrench to the left of your script's name:

Edit.png

Then on the "Attachments" tab, create folders; one for your program, one for the things that go to system32, ... . Then highlight the correct folder and use "Add..." to add files to the folder. They can be all in one .7z file or they can be separate, but if you want to include subdirectories the .7z file is better. Finally, in your script you can put:

Unpack

to unpack the file or files from the folder named "Folder" to the <CD Drive>:\Programs\%ProgramFolder% or X:\Program Files\%ProgramFolder% directory (it is your responsibility to assign a value to %ProgramFolder% in the [Variables] section). Or:

Unpack,"MySystem32Folder",,,"%target_win%","System32"

to unpack all the files from your MySystem32 folder in your script to the X:\WIndows\System32 folder.

Many other variants are possible.

See Description commands and parameters

#9 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

Just posted in anohter thread: link to a tool that converts .reg files to script format, and if you check the "API style" box is does new-style:

[tool] reg2WBS, .Script lines from .Reg files.

#10 smokeman

smokeman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:13 PM

how did you get your start menu looking like that?

#11 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

hello,

I use the script Windows BLinds 5.5 with a skin Vista Perfect

#12 TheHive

TheHive