1 reply to this topic

#1 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

Hi all :tabletalk: ,

A useful adaptation/variation to a "Malware Scanner" (Freeware 2) from Emsisoft.

I think many will be familair with "A-Squared Free" for the removal of Spyware/Malware from their Pc's & if I am not mistaken I've seen somewhere a script that you can download for WinBuilder to remove bug infestations from Your Pc.
However in addition to the Gui interface you can also use a "Command line" version which is also free & readily available from:

http://www.emsisoft....tware/download/

Comes as a zip download a2cmd.zip = 22.5Mb enclosed is a readme file to explain it's usage

Freeware! This program is a console application to scan your PC. It was made for professionals who don't need a setup or graphical user interface. All features of the Anti-Malware scanner are included.

Version 3.0.0.123 - 9/19/2007 - for Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003 Server and Vista (14 MB)
Posted Image
The advantage being that the commandline version can be used with batch files with various computations of syntax switches.
Not for everyone as most prefer a Gui interface but commandline does have its own advantages!

Hope the info proves useful to someone & maybe someone may be inspired enough to write a script for it?
Don't look @ Me LOL!

Regards,

ispy :thumbsup:

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Good suggestion for text mode cleaning! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users