This tool will allow you to batch convert your addons and easily use WPI instead of nLite to install them along with Windows. It was meant for unattended use and you only need to mention the folder where the nLite addons are placed and the folder where WPI is located when launching the tool from the command prompt or a script.
addons2wpi is freeware open source and everyone is welcome to use and share as needed.
More features will surely be added upon request.
addons2wpi.exe AddonFolder WPIfolder
- AddonFolder is where you have all your addons
- WPI folder is where WPI.hta is placed
- It will look specifically for CAB/7Zip/RAR/ZIP files inside the addons folder and respective subfolders.
- All entries are placed inside the WPIScripts folder and will overwrite config.js with the new entries - please backup this file if you wish to keep your customized settings.
- My experience with nLite and WPI is still very recent, if something needs to be corrected please mention any details that need attention and I will work to solve them.
One tip when using the command line parameters:
If your path contains any spaces like for example: My Documents - you need to use "" as this format: "My Documents" so that windows can properly recognize these spaces in the path name.
The source code for this program can be downloaded here.
This tool was created mostly with the intention of being integrated inside UXP to automatically convert nLite addons without need for user intervention and was initially proposed and discussed here: http://www.msfn.org/...er-t113992.html