Get yourname.winbuilder.net

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

Hi,

It is possible to assign winbuilder.net subdomains to any of member who already uses hosting provided by boot-land.net

This offer is mainly focused on script developers who wish to see their name or respective wb projects associated to the winbuilder site.

Using as example the liveXP project, it is possible to use http://livexp.winbuilder.net or any other name as needed.

If you don't have use any hosting on boot land then read up this blog post to find out how to apply: http://boot-land.blo...buildernet.html

:)

#2 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:- programming / scripting
    - scooter driving / modifying
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

Hi Nuno,

many thanks for this 'offer'.
So I would like to have a new subdomain-name:
holger.winbuilder.net

Thanks and greets :)
Holger

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

Done! :)

Next time you log onto your ftp account there should be a holger.winbuilder.net folder available.

#4 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:- programming / scripting
    - scooter driving / modifying
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for fast reply Nuno :)
Holger

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

May I make a suggestion.

Background: Some time ago Amalux and me considered how he could me send an 50 MB project with a failure.
Fortunatelly the question was solved by solving the underlying issue.

But wouldn't it be a good idea to have a domain shared.winbuilder.net with access for all .script developers.

The actual PWD can be got from (???) by PM.

To hold it clean:
Maybe the PWD is changed on a monthly base
Everything older than two days maybe deleted by anybody w/o notice.

Peter

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

Did you have any kind 'sorting order' in mind, to what should be put under the boot-land domain and what under the winbuilder domain.

Or is it more, pick which you like better?

:)

PS: Your PM is STILL disabled! :( :cheers:

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

But wouldn't it be a good idea to have a domain shared.winbuilder.net with access for all .script developers.

Done! :)

You have the current login details to http://shared.winbuilder.net

A new generic user account was created to allow this sharing to take place between trusted folks.

Peter will be responsible for sharing the login details with other developers and those interested in using this common space, please contact him.

:cheers:

Did you have any kind 'sorting order' in mind, to what should be put under the boot-land domain and what under the winbuilder domain.

Or is it more, pick which you like better?

It's " pick which you like better".

Users with account on boot-land keep everything as it is and may also choose to have other winbuilder.net subdomains as needed.

The intention is that wb projects (for example) can have shorter URL's to their servers.

It would be possible for you to have a http://naughty.winbuilder.net and use this space as presentation for your project and also as location for the wb server for the internal wb download center.

Also a good way to ensure new users that the project/space they are visiting is officially related to winbuilder.net

PS: Your PM is STILL disabled! :cheers: :cheers:

My mailbox already passed over 1000 personal messages some months ago, so I would thank if all messages were sent to the email address - much easier to organize and unlimited storage space.

Will update my forum signature with a direct link to my personal email

:(

#8 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

Will update my forum signature with a direct link to my personal email

Reeeeeaaalllly wouldn't do that, if i were you! :)

Can the existing server be copied to the new place or would i need to reupload?

How about if we keep our beta versions on servers @ boot-land and the releases @ winbuilder?
Would also solve Amalux problem. ?

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

I'm not worried about getting too much spam on my mailbox, some of the messages are way too suggestive to be ignored.. :)

Can the existing server be copied to the new place or would i need to reupload?

Yes and Not sure.

Not sure if this action is allowed when you try doing this operation with a FTP client, I'm however sure that it can be moved.

Yes if you start a telnet session on your account and use linux commands to copy/move/whatever

I think your account doesn't allow to handle remote shell login but this can be enabled as well.

How about if we keep our beta versions on servers @ boot-land and the releases @ winbuilder?
Would also solve Amalux problem. ?

It is possible.

WinBuilder downloads a fresh updates.ini where new default servers can be added or removed.

You can also create several web servers - just use different folders inside your subdomains.

For example:

medevil.boot-land.net/projects
medevil.boot-land.net/beta

or

naughty.winbuilder.net
naugthy.winbuilder.net/beta
naughty.winbuilder.net/01
naughty.winbuilder.net/02
naughty.winbuilder.net/03

#10 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:07 PM

Ok Nuno, i take then a "NaughtyPE.winbuilder.net" domain. :)
If you can copy NaughtyPE from it's current place to the new one, you don't need to fiddle with the rights.

btw. Are the two domains seperated (seperate accounts) or is there only a redirection?

#11 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

When you first login to your account using any ftp client you should notice a new folder called "naughtype.winbuilder.net"

I don't have permission to do any actions inside the files on your account but I've enabled shell support.

Try out a login with putty for command line mayhem --> http://www.chiark.gr...y/download.html

Are you really sure to prefer naughtype.winbuilder.net instead of naughty.winbuilder.net? :)

All web addresses for subdomains are created as lowercase so it might be fuzzy to read naughtype.. :(

--

But your wish is my command - check it now --> http://naughtype.winbuilder.net :cheers:

#12 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:25 AM

Well if it can't be naughtype, i would have to think of something else.
But with naughty.winbuilder.net i know damn well the audience i will attract! :)

Too bad it is not an own account. I always wanted my projects to be shared projects.
You know, a few developers throwing resources together and working together on a project.
But since everyone, i asked so far, found reasons to run away, i guess it doesn't really matter for now. :(

#13 mihi

mihi

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

Hi Nuno,

I'd like to have rescup.winbuilder.net for my livista rescup project. why rescup and not livista? It's one letter shorter and IMHO quicker to type :thumbsup:

But, if you prefer, I can live with livista as well :tabletalk:

Thanks in advance,

mihi

#14 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

A new sub-domain was added as http://rescup.winbuilder.net

Subversion is possible.

Please add the following details in order to create a new repository.
  • Project Name
  • Project ID (unique, alpha-numeric, no spaces)
  • Folder where it should be installed: http://rescup.winbuilder.net/......
  • Users: username1 password1 // username2 password2 // etc.. (email me with these details if it should be private)
  • Visibility (Private Project, only the users above may view and modify files.) or (Public Project, anybody can view files; only the users above may modify them. )
  • DAV Autoversioning (allow DAV support or not?)

A note about DAV support:

Autoversioning

While the Subversion client is not a full DeltaV client, nor the Subversion server a full DeltaV server, there's still a glimmer of WebDAV interoperability to be happy about: it's called autoversioning.

Autoversioning is an optional feature defined in the DeltaV standard. A typical DeltaV server will reject an ignorant WebDAV client attempting to do a PUT to a file that's under version control. To change a version-controlled file, the server expects a series proper versioning requests: something like MKACTIVITY, CHECKOUT, PUT, CHECKIN. But if the DeltaV server supports autoversioning, then write-requests from basic WebDAV clients are accepted. The server behaves as if the client had issued the proper series of versioning requests, performing a commit under the hood. In other words, it allows a DeltaV server to interoperate with ordinary WebDAV clients that don't understand versioning.

Because so many operating systems already have integrated WebDAV clients, the use case for this feature borders on fantastical: imagine an office of ordinary users running Microsoft Windows or Mac OS. Each user “mounts” the Subversion repository, which appears to be an ordinary network folder. They use the shared folder as they always do: open files, edit them, save them. Meanwhile, the server is automatically versioning everything. Any administrator (or knowledgeable user) can still use a Subversion client to search history and retrieve older versions of data.

This scenario isn't fiction: it's real and it works, as of Subversion 1.2 and later.

When SVNAutoversioning is active, write requests from WebDAV clients result in automatic commits. A generic log message is auto-generated and attached to each revision.

Before activating this feature, however, understand what you're getting into. WebDAV clients tend to do many write requests, resulting in a huge number of automatically committed revisions. For example, when saving data, many clients will do a PUT of a 0-byte file (as a way of reserving a name) followed by another PUT with the real filedata. The single file-write results in two separate commits. Also consider that many applications auto-save every few minutes, resulting in even more commits.

If you have a post-commit hook program that sends email, you may want to disable email generation either altogether, or on certain sections of the repository; it depends on whether you think the influx of emails will still prove to be valuable notifications or not. Also, a smart post-commit hook program can distinguish between a transaction created via autoversioning and one created through a normal svn commit. The trick is to look for a revision property named svn:autoversioned. If present, the commit was made by a generic WebDAV client.

:thumbsup:

#15 mihi

mihi

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

A new sub-domain was added as http://rescup.winbuilder.net

Thank you.

Subversion is possible.

Please add the following details in order to create a new repository.
  • Project Name: Livista Rescup
  • Project ID (unique, alpha-numeric, no spaces): rescup
  • Folder where it should be installed: http://rescup.winbuilder.net/svnroot/
    If you have experience in setting up viewvc(.tigris.org), feel free to do so in http://rescup.winbuilder.net/viewvc. Otherwise I'll try that myself :thumbsup:
  • Users: Just start with a user mihi with the password you already mailed me. I will tell you if I (or others) need more accounts :tabletalk:
  • Visibility (Private Project, only the users above may view and modify files.) or (Public Project, anybody can view files; only the users above may modify them. ): Public, of course. I want to encourage collaboration and that is hard if no one can see the source *g*.
  • DAV Autoversioning (allow DAV support or not?) please not. Apart from making the commit history a mess, you tend to use DAV instead of a SVN client, so that you won't be notified any longer if someone else edited your file while you were editing. Which makes SVN kinda useless (yes, even with as few as 3 people it happens occasionally and everyone is angry if someone else accidentally reverts their bugfixes *g*).

#16 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:04 AM

Subversion is now available on http://rescup.winbuilder.net/svnroot

Sorry for the delay in getting it running, my experience with svn is very scarce, please do:

If you have experience in setting up viewvc(.tigris.org), feel free to do so in http://rescup.winbuilder.net/viewvc. Otherwise I'll try that myself

Best of luck with your developments! :thumbsup:

#17 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

may i have
http://lancelot.boot-land.net
or
http://lancelot.winbuilder.net

thanks for offer, it will be my first subdomain :whistling:

#18 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

Hi mihi ;)

Your project really very exciting.
I wish the success in your project.

Hi Nuno Brito ;)

Can you give mirror link to my site for winbuilder.net ?

Good luck :whistling:

#19 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

Max, I've added the new subdomain as http://maxrealqnx.winbuilder.net - you can see it from the FTP window when you login to your server account.

Lancelot, your account with permissions to write on http://lancelot.winbuilder.net has been made, the usage details have been sent to your personal email box. You're doing a great work and I also had noticed that you were still using temporary file hosts so I was going to create you an account on our server and this was a nice coincidence, hope the next step is a well deserved promotion to .script developer status, keep it up.. :whistling:

#20 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Thanks Nuno, for everthing.

#21 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

hope the next step is a well deserved promotion to .script developer status, keep it up.. :whistling:

In the meantime, Peter and I have suggested 'Bug Catcher' for the indespensible bug-catching job he is doing.

http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=41807
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=41824

Regards,
Galapo.

#22 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:36 PM

Done! :whistling:

#23 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:46 PM

It is well-deserved. Lancelot has caught many, many bugs -- which for a while there was creating much work for me!

Regards,
Galapo.

#24 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:13 AM

It is nice to hear good things from you Galapo, you are the reason in 1st place i tried livexp (offlinesysprep) and love it (with bootsdi + .wim), any you are "The Man" for me who writes nicely with a good sense of understanding, i began to think i became a pain in ..... in last couple of days, nice to hear good things from my first master of livexp. :whistling:. ;) ;)

#25 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:33 AM

i began to think i became a pain in ..... in last couple of days

No, no, not at all. Sure, bug themselves can be frustrating at times -- but not the user who reports them! At least, this is how I view it. I'm greatful that we've been able to improve things with your detailed testing. It is really very helpful.

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users