by ReturnOfNights and Soporific
** What does it do?
It automatically creates shortcuts at boot time for all app titles inside a special folder. This will make the task of inserting applications into your PE build very easy. Most apps you should be able to avoid having to write a script for. This also means you can include apps outside of the Program Files folder. If you use a writable system folder system (eg Sdi Boot), there is a limit on how many apps you can include otherwise you will run out of RAM. This tool helps get around this issue. If you wanted to make a DVD with many many apps on it, you will need a tool like this to get them all installed as shortcuts.
What it does is automatically creates shortcuts at boot time for portable apps with many easily settable options It can find portable or PE apps on any drive attached to the PC - as long as you keep them in a specially named folder - and create shortcuts for them. You can set lots of variables regarding how you wish the utility to be installed, and where you want the shortcuts to go.
Please note: this utility was originally designed to work within a larger project and thus may appear to have a weird way of doing things. Please ignore this
687 KB (703,791 bytes)
the zip file contains:
i'm happy to answer any questions about it,
- took out unnecessary code from source and re-complied the utility
- added a help file and a much better example file
- re-write of code into AutoIT
- no hard-coded variables, uses standard system environment values
- added facility to install Reg files and CMD files with the app.
- changed count method to count actual shortcuts generated instead of folders found.
- changed message to report on the actual app instead of just the folder name.
- first release