5 replies to this topic

#1 Claw

Claw

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:06 AM

I have noticed a lot of people asking about how install Network this or Mass storage that. However I don't see a tutorial or many real answers to this. A few places mentioned to self edit the txtsetup.sif (I think thats what it was called). Another suggested Nlite but not for commercial perpouses. So that with these 2 options I left with really only one. tstsetup.sif Now I have never edited that before, and really I'm looking to build a disk with the ability to operate across many computers and many situations. One of the things I will be doing is testing this on as many computers as I can get my hands on to see what drivers are missing. That way after I know how to I can add them in to the build.

Another question:

Is it possible to use wireless drivers 802.11b/g and Bluetooth Network drivers. (could be handy meeting some one at starbucks for a quick consultation.

I really appreciate all you help and I notice you were looking for testers. I wouldn't mind helping out with that in some of my spare time. I do have access to many resources that might make me a valuable beta tester. I even have Vista Business which I removed from my laptop because I couldn't stand it. But I wouldn't be afraid to use it in an PE as apposed to being stuck with it. :)

let me know what you think.

and as always Thank you so much for you assistance.

Claw

#2 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:10 AM

You can try my 'DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers' script for mass storage drivers. Just have to point it to the files specified, hit 'build', and it is automated after that.

Regards,
Galapo.

#3 Claw

Claw

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:27 AM

You can try my 'DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers' script for mass storage drivers. Just have to point it to the files specified, hit 'build', and it is automated after that.

Regards,
Galapo.

I found that script not I'm not familiar with what to do with it after I download it. Is there a way to add it to winbuilder or do I need a tool to run it outside of there.

Maybe I was supposed to download it in winbuilder?

Will I be able to load Driver after Driver like I want to to add many drivers to the build?

Sorry for being so Noobish but it will help many other that search for this topic and attempt this in the future.

#4 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:26 AM

You can only point it to DriverPacks mass storage drivers (as well as the base, which is also needed).

Script comes bundled with LiveXP so you may test it there.

Regards,
Galapo.

#5 Claw

Claw

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:30 AM

You can only point it to DriverPacks mass storage drivers (as well as the base, which is also needed).

Script comes bundled with LiveXP so you may test it there.

Regards,
Galapo.

OK its no problem with the mass driver packs but as for the Network Drivers how do I put them in?

it would be nice to just apply all these drivers into one ISO so all devices would be supported. I don't have a problem making a DVD-ISO?

If you or anyone knows how to make this happen please chime in.

Thanks

Claw

#6 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:17 AM

OK its no problem with the mass driver packs but as for the Network Drivers how do I put them in?

There an option on the penetwork script to point to additional drivers, eg the extracted DP lan pack.

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users