peimg /install=WinPE-Scripting-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

peimg /install=WinPE-XML-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

peimg /install=WinPE-MDAC-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

xcopy c:\Programs C:\winpe_x86\mount\Programs /s /i /y

xcopy C:\system32 c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows\System32 /y

peimg /prep c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

imagex /unmount c:\winpe_x86\mount /commit

copy c:\winpe_x86\winpe.wim c:\winpe_x86\ISO\sources\boot.wim

oscdimg -n -bc:\winpe_x86\etfsboot.com c:\winpe_x86\ISO c:\winpe_x86\winpe_x86.iso
I'm very happy with the way it's turned out, but I have a couple problems/questions. Hopefully I posted in the correct forum since everyone here has a lot of experience.

- changin my resolution. I'm testing this in Virtual PC 2007 and I assumed all the drivers will already be present, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I used both SetMaxRes and setres cmd line utility and while it says the commands execute OK, the resolution doesn't change. The same happens when testing on multiple physical machines.

I really like to do this the manual way but I also experimented with the latest version of Winbuilder and build an .iso there. It has a couple of features I just can't replicate. Changing resolution just works. I searched all the folders, subfolders for any graphics drivers that might have been included, but have failed to found them.

I know drvload (Drvload <source path>, <source path 2>, <source path 3>) and PEimg (peimg /inf:<source path>\*.inf <destination path>\windows) are used for installing drivers, but am unsure this is what's needed in this case. Does Winbuilder automatically use on of those commands or is another method used?

- additional drivers. As mentioned above I know the commands, but have a similar question as the above one for other drivers, which I did find when using Winbuilder. In an archive I I found two subfolders, sata and lan. There's also a .reg file that seems to be related to them. Why is that .reg file included and how are these drivers added to Winbuilder. I'd use the same approach in my own Win PE if possible.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help out.

#2 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

VistaPE have support for drivers and for HTA/WMI/Scripting and for all others futures from WAIK, you can try use it :)

#3 CypherBit

CypherBit

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Slovenia

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

VistaPE have support for drivers and for HTA/WMI/Scripting and for all others futures from WAIK, you can try use it :)

NightMan, thank you for your reply.
Adding HTA/WMI/,... really isn't that big of a problem, but I'd appreciate any information on how the drivers are added.

As I mentioned I've noticed two two subfolders one for SATA and one for LAN. There's also a .reg file that seems to be related to them. How are these drivers added to VistaPE?
Also since I can easily change resolutions I assume graphics drivers are also included (although I fail to find them). How are those added?

#4 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

NightMan, thank you for your reply.
Adding HTA/WMI/,... really isn't that big of a problem, but I'd appreciate any information on how the drivers are added.

Since NightMan is quite busy with 'real work' as well as the v.12 beta development, maybe he and you won't mind if I put in my two cents worth.

First of all, I think it's probably fair to describe VistaPE's driver situation in general as a 'work in progress'. In the case of the v.12 public beta, it does not yet include a complete driver solution other than some 'additional files' taken from the Vista source. That is definitely being worked on at present. In the case of VistaPE v.11, it does, as you have noted, include two driver packages for LAN and SATA. Even so, as has been noted elsewhere, some of the currently included LAN drivers are NDIS 5.1 and won't actually meet the Vista(PE) NDIS 6.0 requirements. In the circumstances, it's not unusual for individuals (myself included) to add their own drivers to either of those VistaPE WinBuilder packages.

On your question of 'how VistaPE does it', the answer, in essence, is simply 'the same way I do it' (see this thread) except on a larger scale. If you extract and uncompress the attachments contained in the LAN and SATA driver scripts for VistaPE v.11, you will see exactly the same kind of folder/files layout as I have described in that thread. In the case of the SATA package, there is also a small .REG file to deal with a few incidental registration issues that aren't handled automatically during the driver loading process.

And that's about it, really. If there is some particular aspect that requires more detailed info, please identify, keeping in mind that it's an area that is very much under review and development at the present time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users