Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Acronis Disk Director - Help and testing on a script...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 timaddamz

timaddamz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:17 AM

Hi,

I have written a script for Acronis disk director server. I have a few problems with it.

1. The icons do not apear on the desktop, quick launch and startmenu.
2. The password and key do not get put into the registry.

Would somebody be able to test it and/or check the script and tell me where I am going wrong.

I will post it when complete.

Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4173 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

Maybe, thunn, can help if he sees this thread. You should rename the tittle to represent the Name of the Program you need help with completing the final touches on the script.

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10565 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:28 AM

You're missing the variables with the Program name, Folder name, etc. Some of the commands you invoke are not used anymore because they were replace by specific API functions. (look on example below)

Since you're making a script for VistaPE (which follows a common API) you can use similar scripts as example to help you see how to write registry keys and copy files.

Look here:

http://boot-land.net...r/help/#Scripts

Simple API example with explanation:
http://boot-land.net...pplication.html

Example explaining how to write registry keys:

[main]title=OverDiskdescription=A disk space overview utility (v.0.11b).Author=GalapoSelected=FalseLevel=5Date=2007-Nov-02Version=005Contact=http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/overdisk.htmlDownload_Level=1[variables]%ProgramTitle%=OverDisk%ProgramEXE%=OverDisk.exe%ProgramFolder%=OverDisk[process]unpack,OverDiskIf,%pCheckBox1%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,DesktopIf,%pCheckBox2%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,%pTextBox1%If,%pCheckBox3%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,QuickLaunchHive_Load,HKUreg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Directory\shell\OverDisk\Command","","#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%#$q#$s#$q#$p1#$q"reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Drive\shell\OverDisk\Command","","#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%#$q#$s#$q#$p1#$q"Hive_Unload,HKU............

http://livexp.boot-l...OverDisk.Script

-------

Sorry if the documentation on this matter is short. I'll try to find some time to properly create a simple tutorial that explains the advantages and talks more about the available functions.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

#4 timaddamz

timaddamz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:07 AM

Thanks you two.

I have looked at your sample script.

So would I replace this:
[codebox]RegWrite,"HKLM","0x2","WB-Software\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\Settings","AutopartExePath","%TargetDir%\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\AutoPartNt.exe" [/codebox] with this: [codebox]reg_add,"0x2","\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\Settings","AutopartExePath","%TargetDir%\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\AutoPartNt.exe" [/codebox] It would be great for us newbies to have a list of all the variables, functions and examples of their use. Thanks Nuno

#5 pedrole15

pedrole15

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 731 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

This script is writen for VistaPE 8 or 9
NightMan have already a script for it , is it not working ?

#6 pedrole15

pedrole15

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 731 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:29 AM

I have try to adapte your script
I don't have the server version but the home version
I have tested only under LiveXP but i have an error , registry are perhaps not same
Try it under VistaPE and tell me if it work
Pedro
Attached File  Acronis_Disk_Director_Suite_10_server_tim.script   10.69KB   492 downloads

#7 timaddamz

timaddamz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

Hi pedrole15,

Thanks for having a look and changing a few things.

I have tested it and there is still two things that need to be fixed. The Shortcuts have %ProgramTitle% and the Password does not seem to import correctly. The Key and Password are in the Registry in the right places but when the program is opened it askes for a password.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

#8 pedrole15

pedrole15

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 731 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

Well, I have also tested under VistaPE and i got same probem with shortcut and Password
For the shortcut I found the error, It is the just the api (always this api :) )
There are a lot error in this api ,I will rewrite it for work like LiveXP'api
I will look what i can do for the password

#9 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:12 PM

It is the just the api (always this api :( )
There are a lot error in this api ...

Would you consider providing us users with a comprehensive list of specific errors in the API that you've noted? Corrections would also be nice. :)

In the spirit of community mutual assistance, I (and undoubtedly a lot of others as well) would be very interested in trying to get any VistaPE API errors fixed by its developer. Or, if that's not possible, we could could at least be fully aware of them and perhaps even fix them ourselves if necessary.

#10 timaddamz

timaddamz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

In reply to Arvy I have found this Error so far.
This does not work:
If,%pCheckBox2%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,Desktop,"%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\Acronis Disk Director\%ProgramEXE%","Disk Director 10"

This does work:
If,%pCheckBox2%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,"%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\Acronis Disk Director\%ProgramEXE%","Disk Director 10"

Hope this helps.

#11 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Many thanx timaddamz, but I think that's just an issue that is specific to this single script only. If I understand pedrole15 correctly (?), there may be errors in the application program interface (API) that is used for ALL script proccessing under the entire VistaPE project. If that is so, the impacts would extend far beyond this particular case.

#12 pedrole15

pedrole15

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 731 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

Many thanx timaddamz, but I think that's just an issue that is specific to this single script only. If I understand pedrole15 correctly (?), there may be errors in the application program interface (API) that is used for ALL script proccessing under the entire VistaPE project. If that is so, the impacts would extend far beyond this particular case.

@Avry
Yes there is some little error in the Api
It didn't work exactly like liveXP's Api
I have writen the LiveXP api ,NightMan, have adapted it for VistaPE, he didn't like my strange code,
however it is very quick, use less variables, but it is more difficult to understand
I'll post my new api for VistaPE in some day after some test ,I just start it now.

@timaddamz
No don't change anything, this is correct:
########################################################shortcuts#Add_Shortcut,[Type],[Folder],[FullFileName],[Title],[Work Folder],[Parameters],[IconFile( .ico .exe)],[StartMode(1, 2, 3, or 4)][AddShortcut]echo,"Create ShortCut  #1  "#categoryIf,#2,Equal,,StrFormat,filename,%Scriptdir%,#2If,#1,Equal,AutoStart,StrFormat,filename,"Autorun",#1If,#1,Equal,StartMenu,StrFormat,filename,#2,#1#pach to programIf,#3,NotEqual,,If,#5,Equal,,StrFormat,path,#3,%Shortcut_FOLDER%If,#3,NotEqual,,If,#5,NotEqual,,StrFormat,path,#5\,%Shortcut_FOLDER%If,#3,NotEqual,,StrFormat,filename,#3,%Shortcut_Exe%If,#3,Equal,,StrFormat,path,"%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\",%Shortcut_FOLDER%If,#3,Equal,,StrFormat,filename,%ProgramEXE%,%Shortcut_Exe%#program titleIf,#4,Equal,,StrFormat,filename,"%ProgramTitle%",#4#processIf,%AtRam%,Equal,True,IniWriteTextLine,"%VPECFG%","shortcut","#1|#4|%Shortcut_Folder%%Shortcut_Exe%|#7|#6"If,%AtRam%,Equal,False,IniWriteTextLine,"%VPECFGCD%","shortcut","#1|#4|%Shortcut_Folder%%Shortcut_Exe%|#7|#6"#######################################################
But i must make more test with %AtRam%
I don't know if the parameter #5 Work Folder is supported in VistaPE

#13 pedrole15

pedrole15

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 731 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:47 AM

Ok I found why the key is not well writen
The Key and the Password begin by a space and it is stipped by the api
For correct :[codebox][Build_DD10] ... RegRead,"HKLM","Software\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\MAIN","Password","%TmpReg1%" IniWrite,"%pFileBox1%\licence.ini","Licence","Password","#$q%TmpReg1%#$q" RegRead,"HKLM","Software\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\Settings","key","%TmpReg2%" IniWrite,"%pFileBox1%\licence.ini","Licence","Key","#$q%TmpReg2%#$q" [Copy_from_DD10] ... Hive_Load,HKU reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\MAIN","Password",%TmpReg1% reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\Settings","key",%TmpReg2%
Hive_Unload
[/codebox]

Attached File  Acronis_Disk_Director_Suite_10_server_tim.script   10.95KB   383 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users