2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

Hi VistaPE-Friends

now I have separate scripts for Explorer and IE7 ready.
Explorer-Tweaks now is not no more needed. I have include it in Explorer-script.
I have add some Context-Menu Entrys from Arvy (Thanks)

You must place it in folder Shell

Download:

IE7 I have complete new revised.
You can include Favorites before you build the CD.
When you use Standard-Copy now boot.wim is 100Mb smaller!!
On CD you can live install Activex Plugins

You must place it in folder \app\network (the same how place firefox)

Download:

Note: The IE7 needs explorer. It not work without explorer!!

many greetings
2aCD

#2 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:23 AM

Congrats on a sensational job, 2aCD! Works perfectly in VistaPE v.11, including IE7's handling of both local HTML pages and client side script processing. The latter wasn't working well in the previous version. In fact, whether intentionally or otherwise, you've also solved a problem in the MMC 'extended' display of Windows services.

Making the Explorer shell script self-contained with its own 'policy' settings and IE7 a separate dependent script makes good logical sense, I think. At least for me, its much easier to follow and choose amongst the various available options that way. And I'm very happy to be able to get rid of a couple of my own little ad hoc addons. :thumbsup:

If you haven't already done so, I suggest getting in touch with Nightman about coordinating with his work on VistaPE v.12 beta development. My own very limited testing suggests that there may be a few wrinkles to iron out at this very early stage.

#3 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

Hi VistaPE-Friends

now I have separate scripts for Explorer and IE7 ready.
Explorer-Tweaks now is not no more needed. I have include it in Explorer-script.

Finally! :thumbsup: :D :D

Great work 2aCD. Thank you.

#4 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

thank 2aCD for this work. splitting the script is a good choice for debugging porpouse and also for making it more flexible, I will give a try an the aternoon on my italian system locale in order to verify the mui vaiablility. :thumbsup:

#5 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

I thanks my friend for great self-sacrificing job :thumbsup:

#6 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:15 AM

If you haven't already done so, I suggest getting in touch with Nightman about coordinating with his work on VistaPE v.12 beta development. My own very limited testing suggests that there may be a few wrinkles to iron out at this very early stage.

UPDATE:
The problem under the VistaPE v.12 pre-release was a missing common.script (DLLs from Vista DVD as source) in my beta project installation. With that added, both of the new scripts work perfectly.

MINOR NITPICK:
The explorerv.script contains two entries for "...\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced","Hidden" at lines 104 and 107.

#7 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:43 AM

@all
Thank you for the congratulations.
Then the nights were worthwhile themselves.

@Arvy,
The problem under the VistaPE v.12 pre-release was a missing common.script (DLLs from Vista DVD as source) in my beta project installation. With that added, both of the new scripts work perfectly.

You already found out, which are that. I would then already add it.

#8 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:14 AM

Then the nights were worthwhile themselves.

Very worthwhile indeed. Some people like having both IE and Explorer and with this masterpiece of seperation you can make those that only like Explore or IE, a very happy bunch. :thumbsup:

#9 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:31 AM

You already found out, which are that. I would then already add it.

I'm not sure exactly which files in the new common.script for VistaPE v.12 will be required to support the Explorer shell and IE7. NightMan has combined the copying and registration of a lot of common components (WSH/MDAC/HTA/WMI/XML) available only from the Vista DVD source into that single new script. I only know that I needed to download and run it to make yours work properly in the pre-release beta.

Probably your best and easiest solution whenever v.12 is released will be to note that additional common.script dependency just as you do in noting IE7's current dependency on your own Explorer shell script. But, now that you're on board with rest of the beta team, you can decide how best to handle it between the two of you.

#10 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

Really great work! :thumbsup:

With previous releases I had not reached good results and I had abandoned them, but now they work so fine... really! :D

#11 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

Hi Friends,

I made small changes in explorerv.script.

Now you can exit the Explorer-Shell and return to PE-ShellSwapper.
Thanks 'online' for Idea

#12 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:51 AM

very good news to exit and change the shell..

#13 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:20 AM

What if there is no "PE-ShellSwapper"?
What would happen then?

That is a good addon. Can you make it optional in the Winbuilder gui, but leave that Exit to PE-ShellSwapper" selected as default.

#14 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:52 PM

What if there is no "PE-ShellSwapper"?
What would happen then?

Hi TheHive,

the PE-Shellswapper is always copyed in script 'Shell & Config',
Even if as default shell is not selected the PE-Shellswapper.
You can not disable it. :thumbsup:
It popped always highly, if the current shell is terminated.

#15 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

ok! thanks!

#16 steelbone

steelbone

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 126 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

Hi guys. it was long time ago *g*

I've testet the smaller Explorer script.

with this version i could not create any shares over the mmc plugin + the antivir updater don't do his job ;( the context entry for mmc creating share is missing after starting the server service. i did'nt filtered whats missing here exactly. it's nice to see slimming the explorer but be careful :) with the over script no problems

for that i tryed to find out whats going on with the "server service" + share context entry. i integrated all registry points needed but there's no context after integration. so i think there are binary's missing or dll's. i will install in the next days a VM with vista an try logging with procesmon. :(

hm until yet mit shell-swapper was strg-alt-entf :cheers:

regards steel

#17 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

@2aCD

Is there a version of your explorer shell script that I can use with vistape 12beta? and if so which folder does it now go in, as no longer a shell folder?

Thanks and great work!

#18 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Is there a version of your explorer shell script that I can use with vistape 12beta? and if so which folder does it now go in, as no longer a shell folder?

Am I missing something? Or do we just have a "failure to communicate"?

with version 12 beta Explorer no longer seems to be an option for a shell [...] is there a plugin I can still use with this version and if so where?

See this thread. The downloadable script there includes its own shell selection option. Alternatively, you can modify the Explorer script that comes with VistaPE v.12 by adding the shell option to its [Process] section. Basically: AddToPEShell,Explorer,explorer.exe,True

It's not long ago that I was a "noob" here and I do understand that PE building can be a confusing exercise. For that reason, I try my best not to mislead others. When you asked about an Explorer shell for the VistaPE v.12beta, I gave you two options, this thread being one of them. Did you read it? Did you think I was suggesting something inappropriate in recommending it in repsonse to your query? Did you read my comments to 2aCD here above about my having tested it with the VistaPE beta and about the common.script dependency? Have you actually tried 2aCD's downloadable script with VistaPE v.12beta yourself? Have you not seen that it includes its own built-in option for making it your default shell as I said that it did?

Doesn't it work for you? It certainly works for me as shell for VistaPE v.12beta on both CD/DVD and USB flash drive. If it didn't I wouldn't have suggested it in the first place.

As for what folder to put 2aCD's script in, I also mentioned that a corresponding script comes with the VistaPE v.12beta. Checking where that is located might be logical. But subdirectory selection isn't particularly critical. What matters most to the PE building process is the sequential "Level" setting in the script itself.

#19 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

Am I missing something? Or do we just have a "failure to communicate"?
See this thread. The downloadable script there includes its own shell selection option. Alternatively, you can modify the Explorer script that comes with VistaPE v.12 by adding the shell option to its [Process] section. Basically: AddToPEShell,Explorer,explorer.exe,True
It's not long ago that I was a "noob" here and I do understand that PE building can be a confusing exercise. For that reason, I try my best not to mislead others. When you asked about an Explorer shell for the VistaPE v.12beta, I gave you two options, this thread being one of them. Did you read it? Did you think I was suggesting something inappropriate in recommending it in repsonse to your query? Did you read my comments to 2aCD here above about my having tested it with the VistaPE beta and about the common.script dependency? Have you actually tried 2aCD's downloadable script with VistaPE v.12beta yourself? Doesn't it work for you? Have you not seen that it includes its own built-in option for making it your default shell as I said that it did?

As for what folder to put 2aCD's script in, I also mentioned that a corresponding script comes with the VistaPE v.12beta. Checking where that is located might be logical. But subdirectory selection isn't particularly critical. What matters most to the PE building process is the sequential "Level" setting in the script itself.

No not a failure to communicate

Understood what you said and read whole post, but as not much mention of using it with v12 and not sure where to put it hence my question asking the author of the script if he had a version specifically for 12

I will try it now

thanks

#20 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

Hmmmm.

UPDATE:

#21 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

Hmmmm.

okay so I missed that bit!

#22 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:11 AM

okay so I missed that bit!

all working fine except PE Shell swapper comes up and I have to choose explorer or wait x seconds, how can I get it so explorer loads immediately, or can I rremove pe shell swapper somehow as I don't need it

#23 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

I woiuld like to modify context menu and save dialog pointing to Ramdisk, or Winws Installation, like the old setroot utility used to run erdcommander utilities...
But ERDC is completely gone aeay on MS site!! or they are plenning to SOLD us a WINRE, with command line for active directory??

#24 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

But ERDC is completely gone aeay on MS site!! or they are plenning to SOLD us a WINRE, with command line for active directory??

ERDC is still there ... renamed as Diagnostics and Recovery toolset, part of the Desktop Optimization Pack. I don't know how much it costs; it is not cheap. It's just ERDC 2005 renamed, althought apparently there will be a major update down the road, based on PE 2 and supporting Vista. Alas, it probably will not be available legally to individual users.

#25 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:38 AM

I found something...but it's still on development!
Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (Formerly Winternals Administrator’s Pack)
Presentation: Powerful Tools to Accelerate Desktop Repair
Winternals Administrator's Pak Quick-Start Guide
Webcast: Technical Overview
Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset Technical Video
Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 30-Day Evaluation
Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset Data Sheet

https://partner.micr...indows/40043407

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users